Search Unity

Big Environment Pack Vol.3

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Jacal, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Z43D

Z43D

@XMachinaX I had to attempt it 4-5 times before it finally imported as well. Unfortunately, downloading/importing is on the Unity Asset Store side and I don't think there's anything Jacal can do about it. There's quite a few files involved with this pack. My advice would be to keep trying. Like I said, I got it after the 4th or 5th time so don't give up! :)

Btw, awesome work Jacal. I model environments and such as well but it's always nice when you can be spared a couple months of work ;)

2. im

im

yeah unity store at times has issues especially during big sales like this...

3. david55527

david55527

Aw man, missed this sale by a couple hours :(

May purchase anyway. Looks great.

4. l0cke

l0cke

No process, just artistic skill. If you dont have it, you will never achieve something similar.

5. SkermunkelStudios

SkermunkelStudios

Hi I managed to downlaod BEP vol.3 finally but I unfortunately I am not impressed an the package is very disappointing, I will post some reviews of the package to reflect what I feel is wrong with the package, please fix it ASAP as this COULD be a very useful and valuable package:

Okay, but far from AAA
    4/5 stars
    (3 of 6 found this review helpful)

by David Mathis, 17 Mar 2014

The textures are not as high res as they could be. And the UV's are riddled with seams and unsightly stretches. Finally the textures are a mixture of painted and photo-real. I can see why he didn't include a webplayer now...

Disappointing! False Advertising!
    1/5 stars
    (0 of 0 found this review helpful)

by Tiaan Gerber, 18 Mar 2014

Seriously do yourself a favor and look at Manufactura K4, they are the ONLY model pack developers on the Unity Asset Store that make true AAA content, Phillip Schmidt disappoints again for the same reasons as his previous packages it just seems even worse this time around.

Echoing David Mathis' review, I would have to agree with him. The textures are a bit hit and miss with some being decent quality while others are just cartoony as hell or their UVs are stretched/seamed or unreasonably low quality for that particular area.

Most of the stuff have decent textures and neat UVs, but especially the rocks, the rope knots, some of the skull textures, some of the wood/door textures as well as most of the building textures are either unsightly seemed at most areas, or stretched at some areas or just generally appear catoonish other than photo-realistic, compared to where the rest of the texture are photo-realistic.

The rocks are the worst with almost every turn on some of the rocks having a visible seam in it or stretching like crazy. Dont get me wrong, I bet the textures would look nice if it just wasnt for the poor UV mapping.

NOT AAA AT ALL!!!

There isnt even a single building for the desert environment. And that claim of 79 prefabs for the building construction is extremely misleading, there are literally 4 buildings: a house, a lighthouse, a metal wire dome and a bridge with a roof over it! The rest are all addons like walls, roofs, chimneys etc. I know a lot of the pieces are modular and you can build your own house which is cool and appreciated but even when comparing it to BEP vol1 you get way more buildings in that package even if they are the same architecture at least it feels more like a complete package.

I could seriously go on about what is wrong with this package but if I need to explain it whats the point? The author should be able to realise what is wrong with his own package. I dont know how this package got such a high rating or even approved onto the Unity Asset Store (especially with those UV seams and stretches that is probably the most baffling).

Most of the stuff on the package is actually very good quality (the vegetation especially and the effects are also nice additions), but the rest only have the potential to look good if it just wasnt for their poor UV mapping.

I dont mean to be rude, but this isnt right. Im tired of having my money wasted like this, this package needs to be fixed desperately as currently the rocks are unusable, a lot of the other content's textures or UVs are also just broken and there needs to at least be a few more building

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  6. Jacal

Jacal

@AnomalusUndrdog: At the moment I've only in game screens to show of some of the creation possiblitys.
    @treshold: Thanks :)
    @david55527: I'm sorry to hear man.

7. sonicviz

sonicviz

um, no.

Even great artists start by educating themselves through whatever means possible, and one of the most common means is emulation.

8. SkermunkelStudios

SkermunkelStudios

@Jacal:

First of all a very big apology for being rude earlier with my first review.

After a closer evaluation and taking size of objects (in the scene) into account as well as everything that we will be using in our project, the only thing I have a problem with are the rocks, some of the rocks' UVs are riddled with seams or areas where the UV is stretching or the texture is a bit low res or cartoonish.

I think you should just recheck the rocks and make sure there arent any seams or excessive stretching as well as give the rock textures a bit of an upgrade, 1024 is a bit low, 2048 would much better but 4096 would be ultimately the best that way they can be relevant for a much longer time and easily just downscaled to a necessary size. Obviously the only obstacle this would cause is the size of the package.

The only other criticism that I can have is that there arent any desert western architecture to accompany the desert terrain assets. But this isnt too much of a big deal as we will probably end up making our own buildings as we have quite specific buildings that we need.

Again apologies for overreacting, it really is a great package and most of it will be extremely useful for our project. Thanks for an amazing packagae Phillip.

9. Jacal

Jacal

@XMachinaX: No Problem, Thanks for changing you review.- The rocks created with a displacement tiling technique, wich made it possible to have many different kind of rocks and cliffs from one texture (material), this saves alot of memory for large environments.
    The only harm with tililing rocks are some visible seems, wich could be retouched with some rock, grass or moos decals.

- I'll put some new seperate created rocks (without any seems) in the next update.

10. pixelsteam

pixelsteam

Jacal, when can we expect it to go on sale again...I missed the last one...

11. Jacal

Jacal

Hi all,
    First off, I'm sorry the long silence... but now I have some good news for you,

All my packs are 50% off.

The BEP3 will also very soon 50% off - Including a small update, some unique handcrafted Rocks and Trees.
    -3 unique rocks
    -1 rotten tree
    -1 new tree and bush species in 17 variations fully editable with the tree creator.

Unity 2014-09-02 17-23-26-26.png Unity 2014-09-02 17-24-22-06.png Unity 2014-09-02 17-24-36-11.png Unity 2014-09-02 17-25-00-36.png

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  12. Jacal

Jacal

13. Guile_R

Guile_R

Hi Jacal,

Your assets are great! Awesome stuff. I would like to know if you have a suggested pipeline on how to use your assets in our projects? At the moment we are having to open your scenes and export packages for every single entity we want and they are coming with a lot of dependencies.
    We have reached the conclusion that if we want only your models e.g. a rock or a tree we have to export it as a package from one of your scenes otherwise the LODs will break, open this package in another blank project, delete all the stuff that is coming along e.g. camera filters and then export it again. Is there a more efficient way of doing this that I am not aware of?

Please let me know.

G.

14. nasos_333

nasos_333

Are the packs on 50% discount still ?

15. dleight

dleight

I know you have a mobile pack, but does BEP 3 run well on newer mobile phones? If not, is the mobile pack going on sale anytime soon? Thanks. Your products look great!

16. jezevec

jezevec

Hello, I've noticed the tree branch is displaced on " BEP3_Update01\BEP_CB_Tree\Trees" the Tree number 12.
    I am quite new, so might be easy to fix. I've tried to move the branch but as soon as I touch the tree with chaning any of it's properties (or any other tree in the directory) tree loose it's nice texture and goes GRAY.
    (Also CB_Tree_xx__Textures directory is genrated for the modified tree, package only contains CB_Tree_01_Textures and everything works fine until I touch any property of the tree)

Do you know what might be the issue?

Thank you

17. OUTER-GAMER

OUTER-GAMER

Hello everyone! I want to import one of these scenes in my terrain. My terrain is larger. I like the whole scene can import it and that my terrain has the correct heights for each object.
    Thank you and apologize for my English

18. Gatskop_Software

Gatskop_Software

Hi
    My rain and water does not show on TI_Scene_Day ?

Please Help

19. Sarcoex

Sarcoex

A question:

Is it allowed to modify and reuse the example scenes as part of a finished game dev project? Or are the scenes and terrain included only for showcase/demonstration purposes of BEP3?
    It would save my 2 man team a lot of work, and we can focus more implementing gameplay and we can finish our game quicker. :)

20. LiveWire

LiveWire

Are you able to supply the textures in 32bit tga format, or as .psd?

I need to edit the textures for PBR to use them with Unity 5's Standard Shader, but being .pngs I cannot open them in photoshop without losing a lot of information, making them unusable.

21. magique

magique

I know it's been a long time since anyone posted here, but I'm considering buying this pack and am wondering about some of the previous criticisms. One person in particular complained quite a bit about the visible texture seams in rocks. Was this problem ever addressed? Also, I see the last update simply says Unity 5 Ready. What exactly was done to make it Unity 5 ready? Are shaders updated to standard shader, etc.?

22. Salja

Salja

sad he never more Reply i will buy but im not sure

23. magique

magique

I ended up buying it myself a long time ago. It's a pretty good package, but the title is misleading. His previous Big Environment packs were really large terrains, but these are fairly small in comparison. Still, the content is very nice and it looks pretty good overall.

24. Salja

Salja

Thanks this help me can you say something about the terrain sice? I think when i buy then i will buy all 3 packs

25. magique

magique

I'll have to check when I get home. I can't remember the exact terrain sizes. Either 1024 or smaller though I believe.

26. Salja

Salja

I have hope of 2048 only the pack 3 become a update the pack 2 last update 2015 really sad

27. magique

magique

Almost certain they are not that large.

28. Salja

Salja

Hmmm hmmm i looking more like a terrain 2048+ with alredy tree and grass really Hard to Found a good one

29. Salja

Salja

But Thank you

30. woedev

woedev

helloo
    any sale any soon? I've been keeping my eyes on this pack for a long time now, but i'm poor :(

31. magique

magique

I hate to tell you this, but the author hasn't been seen on this thread in a very, very long time. You might try to e-mail him instead.

woedev likes this.
  32. Gulliver

Gulliver

I have tested this package on Unity 2018.3.12f1 and demos not working.
    Black screen with the message "Display 1. No camera rendering."
    Fix it please, I'm extremely interested.

Already seen this package several years ago and it worked perfectly.
    Now it have lot of lacks in geometry, rendering and overall functionality,
    For example -- fog not working on terrain, only on the trees and it's look ugly.
    On the third level some geometry missed. Please check.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  33. Gatskop_Software

Gatskop_Software

Unity 2019.2.2f1 also broken upload_2019-9-4_20-38-42.png