Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Eclipse:Avalon's Gate

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by sgtkoolaid, Nov 15, 2013.

1. sgtkoolaid

sgtkoolaid

Hey guys and gals, it has been a while since I have been here. We are currently developing Eclipse: Avalon's Gate. We changed it from Solaris: The last stand as we did not the name really much, and We wanted to change certain features we originally had planned, and in doing so we believe we have improved a great deal on both the game-play features, as well as the general story/campaign. So far we have had overwhelming positive response. it is a Tower Defense RTS hybrid Game set to be released to PC via Steam.

I am blessed to have such talented programmers, artists and writers and audio artists on this project. take a read, and view some of the updated samples we have available.

Here is a recap on the short summation of the story involved.

You are the last defense of an deep space out post station in the Avalon Galaxy that remains until the main fleet can come to reinforce the sector that has been discovered and prepped for human colonization. Besides being a new home for humanity, this system holds a treasure trove of exotic and known resources that humanity needs in order to maintain its existence and expand its exploration of the galaxy. As the acting commander you have to arrange your remaining troops, Fleet and defenses to counter the onslaught of an Alien species Known as the kha'dari that considers us a threat. They will stop at nothing to wipe us out starting here. If they win they will surely follow us to Earth and destroy us! Gather use your resources to engineer capabilities and upgrades for your fleet, build and upgrade Defense weapons, and turrets to make a last stand in hope you can outlast this attack. You are all that stands between Humanity and oblivion.

You will act as a commander with numerous defense turrets, weapons, and fleet warships at your disposal. These weapons are as followed
    • Mass rail gun (low damage, but high rate of fire)
    • Gauss Gun Dual Turret (Magnetic Rail Weapon heavy kinetic damage)
    • Linear Magnetic Pulse laser (purple)
    • ALR-Missle Defense (fires 3 missiles at nearest targets)
    • ALN-Shield System( shields turrets up to 4 points when connected with shield Arc)
    • RX- Electrical Arc Cannon (fires a electrical Arc beam toward a single target)
    • MRA1- MicroWave Ram Amplifier Weapon (sends out high-density Microwave's to kill up to 3 targets in its path)
    • D1-RA Electromagnetic pulse disruption Manifold Cannon (disables/slows ships for a # of seconds during its path to the station they can't fight back and are slowed until their engineering crew can recover)
    • FA1-R “Replicator” Modular Turret(allows for the replication of 4 turret mounts around the FA1-R Modular Turret)

Warships, battleships, command ships, science ships, scout ships of varying size and scope and the ability to upgrade and strengthen their shields, speed, firing power, rate, and health.

We also are including a rich and engaging story campaign to narrate the conflict between the Kha'dari and the humans and the struggles they endure on both sides.
    We are including a multiplayer set of the levels, have their own account and profile and 2D Avatar profile of a given commander from the single player campaign, whether they choose to be kha'dari, or human is their choice. A choice that has its strengths and its weakness based on the side you choose. So choose to your style of play. :)
    This will include leader-boards, competition against each other, achievements. Fully dedicated anti-hack system to encourage fair play between players and teams.

here are but some of the samples we have available to display. We have a talented team of programmers and artists in which we are all hoping to achieve and produce a wonderfully engaging and fun game that will be supported by us for a good while with content updates, expansion sets, with the intent of building a wonderful gaming community in which the player always feels involved and their voice heard.
    So check these out and let us know what you think. :) We hope you will enjoy the journey as much as we do. :)
    Kha'dari Commander Tres're'vul:
    -He is as cunning as he is strategic in all that he does. He is not forgiving and he does not forget. Having commanded numerous missions against humans, including the infamous battle of Solaris VI, he is not to be trifled with.
    $kadaris_portrait.jpg

a Human Medium Battleship USS Sedera Fast and nimble, what it lacks in armor and shields, it makes up for extraordinary forward firepower.
    $S6veh2DmrdHumC_05f.jpg
    early in game screenshot
    $Solaris VI 2013-10-17 21-49-35-93.jpg
    Early screenshot in game this ship did not stand a chance aganst this array of turrets.

$Solaris VI 2013-09-24 10-31-57-74.jpg

a early rough design of some human commanders.(will have more info soon on the one on the bottom right corner)
    $portrait_thumbs_human2.jpg
    this is an early video teaser of the game in action :) (we have updated the camera system so it is much smoother in all its movements I will be uploading a more up to date video teaser in the coming weeks)

http://jbrady3d.carbonmade.com/projects/4977449#1

We currently have a basic game enabled along with a full functioning multiplayer with ability create rooms and play against each other. along with finishing up-
    Transferring multi-player to server.
    Menu background painting almost complete
    New 2D player avatar profiles.
    start of the single-player campaign lore
    New ship, turret, barricade designs and model sheets
    here is our facebook page, please feel free to visit our page and like us to keep up to date on all our progress as we lead to our indiegogo campaign in January to be released officially sometime between end February to around April timeline.
    https://www.facebook.com/EclipseAvalonsGate
    We will be having a website up in the next 2 weeks as well so you can join the forums and community and join in the fun and speak to the developers as well as possibly have a say in what features go in as we progress in our development to release. :) I really appreciate any all support you can muster, we hope you enjoy this journey as much as we do. This is my baby and and it has always been a dream to produce a game I love and that others can enjoy as much as me. In that, I give you Eclipse: Avalon's Gate Series. Be well, best wishes to all you, and thank you. I hope to see and talk with you all soon.

Best Regards;
    James

2. sgtkoolaid

sgtkoolaid

sorry guys. unity forum just went retarded on me it seems. disregard the 2 other identical posts. can a moderator please delete the 2 other identical posts please. I apologize everyone. :(

3. iKonrad

iKonrad

Well done! How many people are involved in this project? The graphics look stunning, and the overall idea looks promising as well (although I am not a big fan of star-wars-like themes). Keep up the good work.

4. sgtkoolaid

sgtkoolaid

Human Commander Thomas Harringer.

He lead one of the first battles against the horde of the Kha'dari onslaughts against Terran colonies about the sector. He recently was graduated to the position of Admiral of the USS Karcatanya; a large experimental Daedalus Dreadnought that was used at a decisive moment during a horrific battle over a key mineral resource in the Keris V system.

$humanCommander_final.jpg

5. sgtkoolaid

sgtkoolaid

thank you for the kind words iKonrad. We have a total of 5-6 people out of that 2 full time,(me and my friend who programs the game) the rest are talented artists, and programmers. I feel truly blessed to have such talented and professional people working with me on this project. Right now we are trying to ramp up interest in the game, bring out brand visibility and let people know about us and the project so everyone can follow it. We are hoping to have a website up soon as possible (currently being worked on) so we have a central area for content update, developer progress, notes, and other things, including a forum for all you wonderful people to join and talk discuss about lore, game features and ideas we have coming. Fun has yet to begin. :) So go to our page like us, and keep up to date on everything we are doing.

https://www.facebook.com/EclipseAvalonsGate

6. sgtkoolaid

sgtkoolaid

Update for you guys and gals. thought during the thanksgiving while you are all recovering from eating or whatever celebration you partake in, that I would display a Concept Design of one of the new Human Battleships for Eclipse. I hope to have a new update trailer/teaser with new features enabled. We should have multiplayer enabled with basic features, and start working on story elements and new levels as well as various tweaks the gamplay and look to bolster and improve the feel and look of the game. We are hard at work developing this game to make it both entertaining but also include a rich and commanding storyline befitting a sci fi saga that is Eclipse. :) enjoy. Talk to you all soon. Also if you haven't already, go like our facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/EclipseAvalonsGate and keep up to date on all our progress. :) thanks.

$EVEH2DLargeHuman04.jpg

7. sgtkoolaid

sgtkoolaid

Here ya guys go! our first developer's Diary! All shown is early alpha footage. We got a lot of stuff done we will be showcasing soon, and lot of new content to add but wanted to display this and garner some interest to inform you we are nearing our campaign for kickstarter in a month or 2. A lot of hard work has been put into this game by talented individuals I am absolutely proud to have them on board helping bring this vision I had months ago to fruition without them this would be possible. So in the meantime enjoy this video, we got more coming for you to feast your eyes on! :)

8. ObsoleteAccount

ObsoleteAccount

Very well produced video. :) Subscribed!

9. sgtkoolaid

sgtkoolaid

thank you Skaggs. We got some talented people bringing their A game to this project. Got a lot of stuff to show very soon once we put some more spit and polish on it. :)

10. sgtkoolaid

sgtkoolaid

$EC2D_battlescene_show11.jpg
    an amazing scene for the menu of the game and our poster for supporters who donate to the Kickstarter Campaign in the coming weeks. IronBelly Studios has done a stellar job with this, I am very proud to have them completed this work for me.

one of the kha'dari ships you face off of close and personal!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014