Search Unity

Scripts opening in IOS simulator

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by richardzzzarnold, Nov 13, 2013.

1. richardzzzarnold

richardzzzarnold

Just downloaded 4.3 but am finding that whenever I click on a script to open it, it is opening in the IOS simulator…..anyone else have this problem ? I can't see how this is what it should be doing…..

2. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

Maybe control-click and select whichever app you want to open the script file - probably MonoDevelop.

3. luizhfonseca

luizhfonseca

I am having the same problem here, and when I control-click there is no option to open the MonoDevelop.

4. luizhfonseca

luizhfonseca

I just found the solution for the problem.
    I don't know why, but the standard app to open .js files has changed to the iOS simulator.
    So, I went to the finder, right-clicked the script, then I choose the Mono-Develop as the standard app to open the script. But, it only works in the finder. It doesn't work inside the Unity editor.

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

goto Edit->Preferences...->External Tools -> External Script Editor and choose Mono Develop
    that schoud do the trick

6. meincke91

meincke91

i had the same problem, which i fixed by going to Preferences - > External Tools -> External Script Editor and choose the Mono Develop application through the browse menu, instead of choosing the "Mono Develop (build in)"