Search Unity

project 4.2 to 4.3 Mismatched serialization in the builtin class 'Mesh'.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by RayWolf, Nov 12, 2013.

1. chiapet1021

chiapet1021

I'm just thrilled that it's finally been officially logged and is in process for resolution. Thanks Ugnius!

2. DSebJ

DSebJ

Thanks for the quick fix tip to recalculate trees.!

I'd had issues with my scene for ages but it wasn't stopping me from doing anything - until I went to make a Windows App Store build :)

3. Ebolinux

Ebolinux

We are having the same thing happen to us. This over and over and over....

Mismatched serialization in the builtin class 'Mesh'.

Also getting this
    Mismatched serialization in the builtin class 'Mesh'. (Read 162696 bytes but expected 162697 bytes)
    UnityEditorInternal.InternalEditorUtility:LoadSerializedFileAndForget(String)
    UnityEditor.WindowLayout:LoadWindowLayout(String, Boolean)

4. mog-mog-mog

mog-mog-mog

-Ditto

Have unity provided an ETA for the fix?

5. 1wizard1

1wizard1

Had same Error- Mismatch. Fixed mine, check anything using DX11 thats not supported. Mine was on "Depth of Field Scatter", for _Defocus Type... DX11 selection for some reason gave "mesh mismatch" errors

6. de-Rooij

de-Rooij

I've gone into the tree prefabs and pressed "recompute tree" for all of them in the bottom left corner when inside the tree creator.

This seems to have solved my problem.

So if I'm to conclude that the problem for this 1 byte is in the Tree creator, you should recompute your trees for 4.3 and you should be good.

Hope this is of any help!

7. chiapet1021

chiapet1021

I think this is the logged issue UT is using to track this item: link

If you haven't voted on this one yet, it would be good to do so.

8. chiapet1021

chiapet1021

I've been watching this issue on the Issue Tracker for a while now. A few days ago, the status was changed to "Fixed". Today, it's now set at "Won't Fix". Does anyone have any insight as to what's going on?

9. Dantus

Dantus

It seems there is a workaround for almost all the cases. They probably think that this is sufficient as it prevents no one from doing their work and there doesn't seem to be a negative impact on anything else.

10. chiapet1021

chiapet1021

I'll be extremely disappointed in UT, if that is the case. The only workaround that worked for me was the tree creator reset; all non-tree meshes with this error could not be resolved. Editor performance has been atrocious as a result.

11. yourHost

yourHost

I just got this error too. My projects was building fine for iOS, I had previously built several times with no problems. Now, I get this error. Any ideas on what to do?

12. progmeer

progmeer

Same error here. It's a very small android project and I can't see any official workarounds.

13. nasos_333

nasos_333

I have the same issue, though i dont think it creates serious issues (at least i hope so)

I have not yet pinpointed exactly when it happens

14. microwest

microwest

That's the best solution !!!!:)

I fixed it all.

15. goat

goat

This must be related to how asset store packages are made somehow. I had this problem with Word Game Builder 1.1 being imported into a clean project back in December and it actually locked Unity up. The WGB had to update their asset.

Since then I've had it with another asset with Unity 4.3.4.f1 except I'm not sure what asset it is. In this case it didn't lock Unity up and I reinstalled Unity.

From now on when this happens I will try the 'recomputed tree' method pointed at in this thread but I've also read in this thread that method won't work for non-tree meshes.

Or the save scene method shown above.

???

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  16. daisySa

daisySa

Correct, those workarounds only work for some projects - they're hit or miss.

My bug report on this issue has been closed by Unity without comment. :(

17. goat

goat

The one I had with WGB December 2013 had to be resolved by the maker of WGB so it seems I will have to figure out the problem asset(s) and get the asset maker to update their assets in the Asset Store

18. BES

BES

I have been getting this issue since I switched to Unity 4.3.4f1 with just about every asset I import into my project(new and old).. figured this crap would be fixed by now ..its been several updates to the engine since this "mismatched serialization" issue started...

The devs for some of these assets don't respond any longer when contacted... so it would be nice if Unity devs fixed the issue..

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  19. Dantus

Dantus

20. chiapet1021

chiapet1021

I watched that issue in the tracker like a hawk, after it was picked up by UT. When they converted it from "fixed" to "won't fix", I shook my head...

21. BES

BES

I think its highly unrealistic of them to expect the devs of each asset to fix this problem.. not all of them are active anymore, the UNITY devs should conform to them ..or else not bother with an asset store or add-ons...

22. resequenced

resequenced

It would be helpful to have some kind of feedback from UT support as to why this issue has been closed with a status of "Won't Fix".

23. Steven-Walker

Steven-Walker

I am still getting this error in Unity 4.5.0f6, even though officially Unity's issue tracker shows this as 'fixed'. Any chance that anyone knows how to solve this problem?

24. daisySa

daisySa

Just tested this is 4.5.2 and it's fixed!

25. Chuckalicious

Chuckalicious

I'm having issues getting EasyRoads3D Pro v2.5.6 (ERP) to work with Terrain Composer v1.52 (TC) both the latest asset versions as of 2/22/2015. Can't add road markers when TC consists of multiple terrains. Unity 4.6.2f1 Free Version

My simple example follows the TC "Getting Started"

setting up 2X2 terrain. The terrain is generated with all textures, heights, and objects. I turn off the tree/grass rendering for better performance.

I follow the guidelines for ERP http://www.unityterraintools.com/manual.php#settings
    getting started and noted the settings option for multiple terrains must be selected (~per Raoul's comments in the asset store, "EasyRoads3D should work with terrains generated with Terrain Composer. The only thing to pay attention to, is that TC usually results in Multiple Terrains in the scene. EasyRoads3D v2 is optimized to work with one terrain, but it can handle multiple terrains, General Settings > Multiple Terrains (see the manual for more). This is further improved in v3.").

I simply hold shift and click on one of the TC quads and ERP just flicks and ...nothing. No markers are added. What am I missing? I very much want to use these assets in an upcoming project with imposed deadlines. These would help significantly in our team realizing our goals.

~Thanks Chuck
    LaughingSkull LLC of Arizona
    YouTube (LaughingSkull and CodersExpo)

26. Chuckalicious

Chuckalicious

NVM Wrong Forum thread.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015