Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Clarification: Qualifying BlackBerry 10 Pro License Add-Ons Will Not Expire

Discussion in 'BlackBerry' started by WaterlooErik, Nov 7, 2013.

1. WaterlooErik

WaterlooErik

Hello all, this has come up a handful of times and I want to ensure it's not lost in a separate thread. This refers to the BlackBerry 10 Pro License Add-On that is available through this offer: https://unity3d.com/contest/blackberry

At that URL, you will notice:

However, at the time of writing this, in the Terms and Conditions there is mention of expiry after one year; this term is not accurate. The add-on will not expire.

Our Developer Program team has been made aware of this and are in the process of updating the T/Cs to reflect that the BlackBerry 10 Pro License Add-On that you receive as as part of qualifying for the program will not expire. As noted on the web page, it is indeed yours to keep forever.

Sincere apologies for the confusion. If you have any questions about this please let us know.

Also, hooray! :)

2. dberroa

dberroa

Woot Woot!!!!

Thank you!

3. Tomo-Games

Tomo-Games

I noticed had noticed 1year mention too. Thanks so much for clarifying!

4. daisySa

daisySa

That's fantastic news Erik - many thanks for the update!

5. PuneetK

PuneetK

Awesome! Thanks Erik!

6. 00christian00

00christian00

Hi,
    Since this is a pro add on, is this offer valid only for people who has unity pro?

Is the offer valid worldwide?

Thanks

7. WaterlooErik

WaterlooErik

Correct, valid worldwide, but you will need a Unity Pro license already to get the add-on for free.

Note that you don't need the BlackBerry Pro license to build for BlackBerry 10, you can do so for free. It's only if you are using Pro features that you'll need the extra license.

8. 00christian00

00christian00

What about the Z10 device? Can I enroll to the contest with unity free and get the Z10?
    Thanks

9. WaterlooErik

WaterlooErik

10. dberroa

dberroa

I haven't gotten an email from Unity stating that my Unity Pro license is permanent. When am I supposed to receive that?

11. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

Your Unity Pro serial, purchased 25th July 2013 is permanent. Your BB10 Pro add-on is also permanent if you publish an app on Blackberry World. If you do not publish to BlackBerry World by Feb 28th 2014 the add-on will be terminated. As Erik said some months ago, if you quality for Reward Category 2 your Unity BB10 Pro add-on is permanent, and not the 12 month period that the terms mention.

12. dberroa

dberroa

Sorry, I meant to say my Blackberry Pro add on.

I published an app to Blackberry World and it was approved. I asked Blackberry if my name was picked up on their list to go to Unity and they said yes and I should receive an email shortly letting me know that the Blackberry add on is permanent.

That is the email I mean when I say I haven't got anything saying that my game for me the pro add on.

I just don't want Feb. 28th to come and then I lose it when I did the contest properly.

Thanks.