Search Unity

Oomph: Free Space Combat Customization Kit

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by LaneFox, Nov 1, 2013.

1. LaneFox

LaneFox

Project Files Download
    Webplayer

Release 1.0 Notes
    • REQUIRES PLAYMAKER 1.7.x
    • Works with non-pro versions of Unity
    • Instructions are in the Oomph Documentation.doc file.
    • There are still some things I want and need to tweak, but this is more than enough to get a beginner going, or to introduce physics flight.
    • Please comment if you have any concerns, ideas, trouble or errors with the kit.

XCO likes this.
  2. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

nice tyvm. This is all with playmaker?

3. LaneFox

LaneFox

Yup, all of the gameplay systems are done with playmaker

4. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

I looked through it all. There's a lot that can be done with it. Whats the licence on it? How much can I mess around with it?
    I see a lot that I can try out on this kit. Maybe even a game with some of the assets I already have.

5. LaneFox

LaneFox

I chose the CC BY Attribution license, you can do whatever you want with it even comercially as long as you credit the author somewhere.

Yeah I think there is plenty of content for a person to start with in the kit. I plan to update it if there is interest, so if you have requests for some new things feel free to post them up.

6. Silly_Rollo

Silly_Rollo

That is a really slick looking package and very awesome of you to publish it for free.

7. LaneFox

LaneFox

Thanks, I'm glad you like it.

8. LaneFox

LaneFox

Update!...

..available for the Hangar/Shop. You now get a fancy build random ship button. Horray!

$HangarBrainNew.jpg

[video=youtube_share;cccYtULGK-Q]http://youtu.be/cccYtULGK-Q

This is an update you'll inject yourself. Replace the HangarBrain Object in your Hangar scene object or prefab. It includes a new FSM and changes to the Shop FSM. You don't need to replace the entire shop, only the HangarBrain child of it.

LINK:
    Download new Hangar Brain.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  9. Play_Edu

Play_Edu

10. Soulice

Soulice

I know this is old, but if you (LaneFox) are watching...how easy is it to use your own ship parts? I want to make very ugly, clunky ships.

11. LaneFox

LaneFox

It's not that hard, look at the existing parts for a go-by. The hardest part is getting the pivot correct but you can just put it in a wrapper object and test until it works. There are some rules about the thrusters and naming conventions, I can expand on those if you have a hard time understanding after looking at the kit. I think the documentation has some information about that in it. Can't remember.

Of course you'll always have the hazard of overlapping parts, but that is entirely up to you and your design rules for parts.

12. Soulice

Soulice

Thanks , will see what I can come up with. Unfortunately, do not have Playmaker yet, so have to do that first.