Search Unity

Wooglie: Add your games to this new Unity3D portal!

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by MikeHergaarden, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Shigidy

Shigidy

Hey MikeHergaarden, I'm trying to upload a game called torque racing. http://www.kongregate.com/games/CodyG81/torque-racing It keeps saying on the e-mail I need to upload pictures, but i have been doing that. Just wanted to know if this game meets expectations to go on your site.

2. Shigidy

Shigidy

Why does my game keep getting rejected

3. zenforhire

zenforhire

I'm getting an Error. Anybody had similar issues?

Error: The API tried to upload a file with filesize <= 1kb Please contact hello@wooglie.com so that we can help you upload your game.
    No. It's not empty. The file is around 26 Meg. My emails to them are never answered.

I uploaded an empty unity project without a problem. That was 1.7 Meg.

Thanks

4. MikeHergaarden

MikeHergaarden

Try reducing the filesize of your project a bit. I think sizes above 25mb are giving problems.

5. TheLastDon

TheLastDon

Hi Mike, it's been about a week since I've submitted my game but I've received no update. Just checking to see if that's expected as the site says the expected review time is at max 2 days. Thanks for your help.

Edit: Thanks for the approval. Looks like my UI is somehow off on the Wooglie site, I'll fix it asap. :)

Last edited: May 31, 2014
  6. L-Tyrosine

L-Tyrosine

Does anybody else having problems with payments? I'm trying to contact wooglie website in many ways but no response.

7. MikeHergaarden

MikeHergaarden

I've paid out all developers that reached the payout limit last week. I just answered your email.

8. L-Tyrosine

L-Tyrosine

I see, thank you.

9. KEELAN

KEELAN

Hi Mike.
    Firstly I wanted to pass thanks, my game Arc Length was put online Monday and since then it has received just over 8000 views. This goes way beyond what I ever expected, I was hoping for around 200 people. So sincerely thanks for the great portal and helping me get my small piece of sucess.

I send a 2 messages awhile ago and havent heard back, so possibly this would be a better place to reach you.

First question is:
    How do you get onto the Popular games list? My game has more views than one of the games on the front pages popular games list so I am curious as to the criterion.

Second question is:
    Is it correct that developers do not earn revenue based on non-unique plays? I find this confusing as they are still playing the game and seeing the ads.

Kind Regards
    Keelan Moore

10. pinchmass

pinchmass

Hi just checking is the 25mb file limit for the whole of wooglie or just the upload from Unity (Im hitting around 50mb) so should I just give up as it want be accepted on wooglie or do I have to manually upload it ?

all the best

11. MikeHergaarden

MikeHergaarden

Please check the size of the COMPRESSED webgl folder only, this is what the 25 mb limit applies on. I believe I unofficially made the limit 30mb. Do check your build report to easily reduce file size. Also make sure to use Crunched textures, this could easily bring your game down to 25mb.

12. pinchmass

pinchmass

Hi sorry its been a good few years since I uploaded a game (thought I should update it) was not aware its supported webgl now (is this preferred on wooglie) for web games now.

cheers

13. MikeHergaarden

MikeHergaarden

Yeah we're forced to switch to webgl seeing all browsers are killing plugins such as unity webplayer. Updating to Unity 5 and grabbing the latest Wooglie API is all you need to get going (still 1 click publishing)

L-Tyrosine likes this.
  14. georgeq

georgeq

Are guys having trouble with your site?... I was able to play my game a couple of weeks ago, but just today when I tried to play it just hangs... I tried with Chrome, Fire Fox and Edge and it just doesn't play in any browser, so obviously the problem is on the server side... and it seems it is only affecting my game, and don't know why, specially since it is on the list of most popular.

I have another game which was rejected with no explanation, and it was set to: "In Development" but I just can't play it either, it crashes buy some, I have updated it several time trying anything I have though of but it just doesn't play... even when the WebGL build works perfect locally.

I emailed you about this (last) issue about 3 weeks ago but haven't got any reply.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  15. MikeHergaarden

MikeHergaarden

Hi George,
    I also just emailed you.
    I'm not sure why it stopped working, we did add support for the new WebGL format and that must've somehow broken old games but I do not yet see how or why. I'd love to have your game working again as it's one of the best WebGL games ATM.
    Please reupload both games and reply to my mail: I'll get them online ASAP.
    I'm sorry for the trouble

16. georgeq

georgeq

Thanks Mike!

I did as you told me on your email, and it worked like a charm for Jack Courier, but still have trouble with Tanksmash, don't know if you have to do something on your site before I can play the game.