Search Unity

Wooglie: Add your games to this new Unity3D portal!

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by MikeHergaarden, Apr 8, 2009.

1. stefmen

stefmen

Yeah just got my first payment from wooglie

i really like to see wooglie growing so fast last time keep submitting games guys

2. rockysam888

rockysam888

3. absolutebreeze

absolutebreeze

I was just wondering if there are any stats on payouts etc. The reason I ask is to decide whether it is worth using wooglie - or indeed utilise my own servers.

Especially as I'll be promoting the game in various places with paid advertising.

I honestly do not mind giving wooglie a shot - but it would be nice to be able to estimate some kind of income (to cover costs of advertising etc).

Thanks,
    Tony.

ps. my game is nearing completion and should be ready in about a month.

4. MikeHergaarden

MikeHergaarden

I'd say whatever you do; also add the game to Wooglie as it really costs minimum effort from your side to publish to Wooglie.

Regarding income stats:
    On average our top developers earn about 150 euros a month (anywhere in between 100-450 euros a month: 3 - 15 Euros a day).
    Quality games on Wooglie will be embedded by webmasters from other game portals as well. They use Wooglies iframe code, so you don't even have to know about these external websites. Furthermore we'll officially launch on Facebook soon which should boost our hits+advertisement revenue.

5. Epic

Epic

Uk uses 50. to

6. absolutebreeze

absolutebreeze

Thanks leepo.

That is a very reasonable figure for quality games.

I guess your top developers have more than 1 game published?

7. absolutebreeze

absolutebreeze

Hi Leepo,

Sorry for all these questions.

You mentioned
    Does that mean that developers get revenue based on plays via other portals?

8. MikeHergaarden

MikeHergaarden

One or two usually. And with top developers I mean the 3-6 that earn the most.

Yes; advertisement revenue is shared with the developers based on unique gameplays per day. If external websites embed a Wooglie game it shows an add and the gameplays are counted.

9. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

I would like to give a testimonial to M2H:

"I submitted my game SHMUP: Orbital Combat to Wooglie. Not only was it accepted within a single day, I'm still getting hits three months later! Thank you, M2H!"

Can't wait to submit my next projects - as soon as I finish them.

10. Aceblues

Aceblues

Just submitted my game too. Awesome, approved within a few hours even on a sunday. Great job!

11. eric_c

eric_c

can we upload games that are made with unity free/pro trial now?

12. MikeHergaarden

MikeHergaarden

Yes, we have no limitations or requirements (and never had) on the Unity license you used to create the game.

13. eric_c

eric_c

Thanks for the reply, i'l finish up my game with unity pro trial.. looks better with image efects =)

14. Kyuss77

Kyuss77

The Wooglie Version of PicBlox is live !! Thank you Wooglie team for the fast approval process. I am so excited !!

PicBlox is a fun puzzle game where you use logic to determine which blocks to remove from the puzzle, revealing a 3D hidden object inside !!

Play PicBlox on Wooglie Click Here !!

15. GameRon

GameRon

I posted a game to Wooglie, do i have to provide the paypal address to receive the payment? Or the will the payment be piled up and paid until i give a paypal address?

16. J_P_

J_P_

Is the file size limit still 10MB?

17. MikeHergaarden

MikeHergaarden

Nope, the file size limit is 20mb. However I can not imagine many web games that really need more than 10mb. In most cases the games lack filesize optimization if they're above 10mb.

18. Vinícius Sanctus

Vinícius Sanctus

Just registered into it! That´s all i needed in order to produce some nice games, a reason to make them! Thx Leepo as usual you´re healping my sorry ass.

:>

19. Vinícius Sanctus

Vinícius Sanctus

Actually i have a tiny question regarding Paypal account. You guys ask for the Paypal user, od the Paypal Merchant ID? Cause im really new into this paypal stuff.

Thx in advance!

:>

20. MikeHergaarden

MikeHergaarden

You pay and receive payments in paypal using the email address you use to login to paypal (you can link multiple email addresses to one account though).

21. moghazy

moghazy

The Link of the PDF is not working :(

22. unity3D gamer

unity3D gamer

I want to add also http://game-box.us to the described ones, It has a nice selection of unity3D games, and it has a "golden pantheon" gallery where all the best games are. I liked the site a lot though it's not that professional looking as the others.

23. EpicTwist

EpicTwist

Uhh... I'm new and I want to make games. All I've made so far is a moving block and a worm that can shoot... Yeah, not so much eh? ._.

24. Muzzn

Muzzn

What scripting language is Wooglie written in?

25. huxley

huxley

Wooglie.com appears to be down. Is the site still active?

Devs can also submit their games to our free arcade portal, tinyutopia.com by using our web uploader in the free login area of http://www.unitytokens.com/

You do not need to use our custom token API to be featured on the tinyutopia.com arcade.

26. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Not complaining but site's doesn't exist in the first post, it should read: 'sites'. To be professional, it should read correctly :)

27. MikeHergaarden

MikeHergaarden

Thanks, fixed that. Wooglie and this post will be getting a big overhaul so everything will be revised.

28. BlackHawkStudios

BlackHawkStudios

Can you tell us a little about that?

29. MikeHergaarden

MikeHergaarden

We want to move away from the cheap look right now. Make it more attractive proffesional for both the gamers and the game developers.
    Furthermore we will expand the featureset as well; a very easy highscore API, accounts/profiles, etc.

30. welby

welby

Very nice site,..I was reading this thread from the start last night, then seeing the site shows an impressive growth! Good Job!

btw,.your Sig seems to link me to this thread, instead of the Wooglie.com site,..

31. GameMaster123

GameMaster123

i hope someone a hasnt already asked this but cant you upload games not made with unity but with a different GE?

32. SevenBits

SevenBits

No. It's Unity games only.

33. ncst

ncst

Has anyone had a problem uploading to Wooglie (from Unity Free)? I'm getting the error when the upload gets to about 21%:

Wooglie.com connection error
    Details: Send failure: connection was aborted

Followed by:
    Error
    Upload error:

The webplayer I am attempting to upload is about 8MB.

34. MikeHergaarden

MikeHergaarden

The webserver was rebooting every 5 minutes I suspect that aborted your uploads. I have solved the 5min restarts, please try again.

35. ncst

ncst

Thanks!

36. ncst

ncst

I'm still getting an error, but now the error reads:

Wooglie.com connection error
    Details: Recv failure: connection was reset

Error
    Upload error:

37. Pixeye

Pixeye

I'd like to upload my new game Dungelot but Im getting error for 2 days : "broken pipe" , what can I do?

38. MikeHergaarden

MikeHergaarden

Sorry for the trouble, all uploads had problems due to a server settings. This has been solved, please try to send us your game again.

39. ncst

ncst

Great! It worked fine for me last night, thanks for the update.

40. Martin_Gonzalez

Martin_Gonzalez

41. TB0Y298

TB0Y298

Me as developer need a bigger maximum upload size!! :(

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  42. jonkuze

jonkuze

Yes, I have to agree....

Dear Wooglie Admin,
    Please increase the upload size, or allow us to host our games in an iframe. It would be helpful as you are one of the unity dedicated web portals there is, besides Kongregate I think. Kongregate allows iFrames so I think you all should support it to... Thanks for reading.

43. TB0Y298

TB0Y298

Ok thats right. Im not the only one around here.
    Im not "mad" or something ;)
    It would be only much helpful!

44. MikeHergaarden

MikeHergaarden

How much size would you need? Do you already know how to optimize game size?
    20Mb should be plenty. For example, with 20 levels and 10 cars, Highway Rally is only 15MB

45. jonkuze

jonkuze

I think 50MB would be nice... but that may not be possible i'm sure either due to you bandwidth limits, or because of a lack of demand. So I understand.

I can say for myself that I have done my best to Optimize my game as best as I can, but I could not get it down further than about 42MB, I have alot of different, unique Textures in my game, so I can't re-use all if not most of them for all the different objects I have as well. You can see for youself... here: http://zombiewarz.com

it's a Zombie Game, but much more complex, and high level of detail in comparison to thw Two Zombie Games you have on Wooglie called Undead Swarm, or Surrounded by Death. I really can't optimize my game any further, so i guess i'm just out of luck... = (

46. Shigidy

Shigidy

100MB! Please

47. jonkuze

jonkuze

I think if a Browser Game is 100MB it might as well be a PC Downloadable Game, but on another note there are some techniques to Stream the Data via Web Player, where you only download part of the game bits at a time which would make the game not seem like it's 100MB to the Player, only problem is I think you need PRO Version for that.

48. Shigidy

Shigidy

well how does a game like red crucible 2 have like 10 maps and everything including vehicles. I'm making a racing game and with one track and 16 computers it's already 36mb. I might have to get pro. Anybody want to lend me 1500 dollars :)

49. Buxle Media

Buxle Media

How can I uninstall this api?
    I can not export my games , it s forwarding to the api url...

50. MikeHergaarden

MikeHergaarden

Can you be a bit more specific? Uninstalling the wooglie API is as simple as deleting the Wooglie folder from your project.