Search Unity

Can't build unity3d wp8 project on windows 8.1

Discussion in 'Windows' started by vladrybak, Oct 23, 2013.

1. vladrybak

vladrybak

I Upgrade my windows 8 to 8.1 and VS 2012 to VS 2013 and now can't build my unity3d wp8 project
    Code (csharp):
    1. Error building Player: Exception: Framework reference assemblies path not found. Is Windows Phone SDK 8.0 installed?
    wp8 sdk built in VS 2013 and I can't install it on my windows 8.1.
    When I try to install wp8 SDK it canceled with this error: "This Product can only be installed on Windows 8 or later 64-bit Machine"
    How can I solve this problem?

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  2. Aswin Kumar

Aswin Kumar

yes..Unity have more problems in Windows 8.1. For me unity is not even starting in 8.1 .I think it will get resolved only in unity 4.3 version.

3. Jean-Fabre

Jean-Fabre

Hello,

I am facing the same problem with 4.3.3 and windows 8.1 I am not sure what to do next to solve this... It must be something very simple hopefully, I can't imagine such level of incompatibility..

Thanks in advance.

Jean

4. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Hi,

I've been running Windows 8.1 for quite some time now on my main machine and I did not have any of the mentioned issues. Could you describe the issue you're facing including your software setup?

5. guavaman

guavaman

I'm running 8.1 fine as well. Did you try installing the SDK? The OP mention he tried, but it failed. Looks like the SDK requires Windows 8 x64 btw.