Search Unity

Did the Asset Store help make your project possible? We'd love to hear from you!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by DJAB, Oct 23, 2013.

1. DJAB

DJAB

Unity Technologies

Hi People

Just to introduce myself, my name's Daniel, and I write marketing copy for Unity - it's a great job :)

We want to start showcasing some of the work you've been doing with Asset Store assets, and to open that process up a bit I'd like to invite as many of you as want to to post a little bit about what you've been working on to this thread.

So, if you're happy to have us highlight your work in our Asset Store Newsletter we'd love to hear from you!

We'll need the following information:

Your company's name:
    A link to your game / app's website or a link to a trailer:
    A couple of good quality screenshots (or a link to somewhere I can find them):
    A list of the asset/assets you've used:
    A short description of how using those particular assets helped make your project a success (be aware that we may quote you in the newsletter):
    Please also indicate if your happy for me to contact you - for example with follow up questions.

Many thanks for all your help with this. I'm really looking forward to showing off some great content, but we won't, of course, be able to showcase all your projects.

2. SmellyDogs

SmellyDogs

3. nipoco

nipoco

That is not the best example, given they had to take their game down from Steam because of a stolen model in the AssetStore.

4. Tethys

Tethys

5. KevinCodes4Food

KevinCodes4Food

Hi DJAB,

We are a small studio, Coded Velocity, Inc.. The asset store is critical to our success. Without these packs, it would be impossible for us to access the quality and diversity of content we receive from the Unity asset store.

For example, our current title is a cartoon-style platformer with integrated children's art that relies heavily on high-quality asset store packs for sound tracks, art, effects, and features that bring depth and interest to the basic billboard art.

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/215445-Challenge-of-the-Dragon-2-5D-platform-RPG-adventure!

Some of the fantastic asset packs we used in this specific title include:

o toon pack from The Hedgehog Team
    o 2D Jump'n'Run Framework by BySamb
    o Fx Arcade Particles from Photon Blasting Service
    o last hope asset pack from Luciano junior
    o Mobile Sky System by The3DAction, $15.00
    o Nobiax free rocks from moctezumagames
    o Cartoon Platformer 2 from DEXSOFT-Games
    o Sky5X One by outburners
    o Toon Ruins Pack by Cat on the Roof
    o AudioDraft Orchestral Music Pack

I'll point out many of these are FREE which is really unbelievable!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  6. Lostlogic

Lostlogic

Your company's name: Gamer Outfit

A link to your game / app's website or a link to a trailer: www.Xenovoid.com

A couple of good quality screenshots (or a link to somewhere I can find them): http://xenovoid.com/about/

1. Sprite Manager 2
    2. EZ Gui
    3. Localization
    4. Space Graphics Toolkit - Several background graphics and ship effects (thrusters)
    5. Radar Arrows
    6. Space Unity - Several space background scenes (login, title, etc.)
    7. SciFi Level Kit - Planet background
    8. A ton of models from 3DRT - Ships, defenses, planet buildings, ground units, and more
    9. SciFi Muzzle Flashes - Ship combat replay system lasers
    10. War FX - Denotes planet ownership in the meta map view
    11. USequencer - Animated planet extras
    12. Texture Tools
    13. Shuriken Magic
    14. Cartoon FX
    15. Game Analytics
    16. Imphenzia Soundtrack - Background music, movies, and sound f/x for the UI
    17. Glow 11
    18. Autopilot - iOS deployment
    19. Andromeda System - Helper robot, background computer screens, and more.
    20. Finger Gestures - Drag, pinch, and more gestures to ease touch-screen (mobile) versions
    21. Master Audio - All audio is managed through this for multiple scenes
    22. Heavy Armored SFX
    23. HUD Interface SFX
    24. 83 Explosion SFX

A short description of how using those particular assets helped make your project a success (be aware that we may quote you in the newsletter):

The assets have saved me an immense amount of development time and allowed me to focus on designing the game. For example, at a very reasonable rate I purchased several Sound F/X libraries that are far more affordable than professional packages and are just as high of quality. The same can be said for the graphics packages and I especially like that they load directly into Unity without any special conversion.

Please also indicate if your happy for me to contact you - for example with follow up questions.

Absolutely, feel free to contact me.

7. tjiani111

tjiani111

i got an error and i couldnt test play it

8. nasos_333

nasos_333

This is a great section

Enough is to say that without the asset store and certain packs especially like ORK Framework and Smoothmoves, my project would have never got to the point it is today.

And it would never look that good wihtout packs like Skyshop for the lighting and the many quality assets found in the store

Unity is doing an amazing job of integrading ease of use, versatility and an asset store that has some of the most comprehensive and impressive tools and assets i have used, in prices i could never think possible.

And i wont even go to the 50% price drops every single day :)

I cant post pics from my game yet sadly, but will do so when the time is right for sure

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  9. Dan-Stubbs

Dan-Stubbs

No company yet, this is a solo project.

Screenshots
    http://imgur.com/a/QyiRW

Asets used
    Ultimate FPS Controller
    Urban Constuction Pack
    Painterly
    Free MatCap Shaders
    AllSky
    Extreme Vehicle Pack
    Livity

I would never have started making something as ambitious as The Hit without the Unity Asset store. It's like a super-power for Indies. My long-term aim is to release all the systems I'm developing (crowds, crafting, endless environments) on the Asset Store, so I can be surprised and amazed by what other developers could do with them.

I would be happy to speak to you. My email address is on the site.

Dan

10. Gunhi

Gunhi

Asset Store and AppStore have a same point is REVOLUTION ^__^

11. Nicolas-Liatti

Nicolas-Liatti

Hi,

I've been working on a stealth game (called "Stealth" for the moment) on iOS for 1 year now.

ALL the 3D assets (props, mesh, textures, animations...) come from the Asset Store: I am alone on this project, and definitely not an artist, so the Asset Store allows me to concentrate on the code (although I am not a dev, but I learnt :) ).

Here are a few screenshots and 2 videos (it runs at 30 fps on iPad 2, pretty happy about it):

Capture d'écran 2014-06-11 18.30.57.png Capture d'écran 2014-04-30 23.47.41.png

You can of course contact me by PM if you have more questions.

Cheers,
    Nicolas

StevenGerrard and GarBenjamin like this.
  12. GiusCo

GiusCo

Hello,

One-man band here and more an hobbyist than an indie dev.

My game is not top class but I was able to mod something decent in about 100 hours work, starting from three assets in the Asset Store:

- 2D infinite runner toolkit (art reskinned and modular code expanded)
    - iOS Native (implemented Game Center + in-app purchases; also put iAds from Unity own class)
    - Super Retro Audio Bundle (leading tune and sound effects)

TITLE: Nuclear Scroller for iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nuclear-scroller/id882598579

Hope you like it. A few tens downloads in the very first day and no bugs reported, that's an achievement!! :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
    GarBenjamin likes this.
  13. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Hi, more or less a one man development house. I released my first game, Gun Frenzy, this month on both the Windows Store and Windows Phone store. I'm a developer so rely on the app store for every asset file in the whole game.

Your company's name: - Wave Light Games
    A link to your game / app's website or a link to a trailer: http://www.wavelightgames.com/gun-frenzy.html
    A couple of good quality screenshots (or a link to somewhere I can find them):

screenshot_06142014_204612 - Copy by raj_dhillon, on Flickr

screenshot3 by raj_dhillon, on Flickr

screenshot2 by raj_dhillon, on Flickr

Far too many to list ... everything from 3d models, music, sound effects, particle effects and even game code from the Asset Store. A few of the main ones were:

- 3D Models from 3Dfoin, Mr. Necturus, and Arteria3D
    - Backgrounds by MichaelO
    - Fantasy Music Bundle
    - Kalemona's particle effects (modern guns and magic)
    - Unity AGK

The game was completed by myself in 3 months and working part time. It would not have been possible without the many assets I used in the asset store. Using the AGK as the core of my game saved me months of coding time and the various 3D models I used were something I could not have made myself.

Certainly ... feel free to contact.

Links to both games:

http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/app/gun-frenzy/5f54b297-e1a6-4f7f-9876-8aaf94d4de78

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/gun-frenzy/bc740f8a-af56-46f6-b48c-4ec4c911e30a

jonkuze and 3dFoin like this.
  14. 3dFoin

3dFoin

I think this is one of the best example of how assets on Asset Store can be used together to make a great game with just one skillfull man and 3 months that's amazing
    We're so proud that our models have been chosen to be used in this game XD

Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
    Rajmahal likes this.
  15. jonkuze

jonkuze

Yes! Amazing Work Rajmahal! I have played this game and it's awesome! I am very happy and grateful for the opportunity to be a Publisher on the Unity Asset Store. I'm happy to be able to offer an asset like AGK: Action Game Kit that helped make Rajmahal's Game Possible in 3 Months! Great Work, and Great example Rajmahal!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
    Rajmahal likes this.
  16. jonkuze

jonkuze

An Epic New Casual Game! Multiplayer RPG & MOBA Style Gameplay!
    Developed by MijiKai Game Studio

* Most Promising Game Nomination * Indie Prize Showcase USA 2014

Game Screenshots:
    http://www.indiedb.com/games/heroes-of-rune/images
    Unity Assets:
    - Fantasy Skybox and First Fantasy for Mobile by G.E. Team
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/publisher/4162

- Fantasy Character Packs, and Forest Pack by Soul Awesome
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/publisher/3867

Success Story:
    Thanks to Unity Assets, MijiKai Game Studio was able to save time and money on creating art from scratch. We were able to easily focus and invest more on actual development of our game Heroes of Rune. When using quality, ready to use game assets, it helps visualize what the end result of the game will be very early on. Without Unity Assets, we would be stuck with placement art, and would need to wait much longer before we knew what our game was going to feel like. Instead we were able to immerse right into the game world we wanted to create right from the start. It made a world of a difference for our development of Heroes of Rune. (Note: Hereos of Rune is still in development, currently in alpha stage)

Contact Info:
    Email: jon@mijikaigames.com
    Skype ID: jonmalave

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
    Socrates likes this.
  17. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Thanks ... I'm glad you like it. You should be proud of your game kit. It's a fantastic product. I'm looking forward to AGK v2.0!

I like what I'm seeing on Heroes of Run ... very clean and polished looking despite being alpha stage. You should consider stripping out the graphics and release a bare bones version of it as a game kit some time in the future.

jonkuze likes this.
  18. McSwan

McSwan

Witches, Heroes and Magic!

Just a quick note that Witches, Heroes and Magic has been released on Steam!
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/378510/

Please watch trailer in HD, Fullscreen ;)

Your company's name: Swan Studios

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Witches-Heroes-and-Magic-WHAM/900411509987289

A list of the asset/assets you've used: - Here is a few of the main ones- I have used about 100 + assets store assets.

Marmoset Sky shop
    Protofactor's models
    Mr Nectorius
    RTP terrain pack
    Michael O.
    Ngui
    Easy Save 2
    Shuriken magic effects pack

Skyshop - I used the beta refractive material for most of the characters - It's just amazing!
    Protofactors/character models look fantastic in combination with this. It also gives them a unique look.
    RTP makes the terrain textures amazing - I chose to give them a "wet" look. I also suspect the terrains render faster.
    Michael O. environment assets took a bit of work to work with rtp and skyshop, but the result were worth it.
    Ngui for GUI drag and drop system - The easy save 2 and GUI system actually took the longest time, but was worth it to get best results possible.
    There are quite a few awesome particle systems too. They give the game a lot of sparkle ;)

Feel free to contact me!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
    TapTapDomination likes this.
  19. RT_Jester

RT_Jester

Hello everyone! There is some great content here!

One thing I noticed though: Did anyone mention AI assets that were used in the creation of their games? I didn't see any with my quick search. Even something as popular as Playmaker isn't mentioned.

Is this because most of the games here rolled their own pathfinding, behavior, and AI systems?

20. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

In my case, I used the stock AI that was included in AGK. It's not perfect but it's good enough to control a swarm of zombies and monsters.

RT_Jester likes this.
  21. RT_Jester

RT_Jester

If you're using RAIN in your game we want to promote it as well.

Here's an example video:

Contact me directly (jester[at]rivaltheory[dot]com) or simply put RAIN in your list of assets used and I will get in touch with you.

I look forward to more great posts on this thread!

Best,
    Jester

22. RT_Jester

RT_Jester

This makes a lot of sense especially if you're looking for a relatively codeless solution for basic pathfinding AI. Some of the enemies I see in these trailers seem to have more complicated behavior that adapts to the the player.

23. McSwan

McSwan

HI,
    I used Rain about a year ago, but couldn't get it to work - I used it when there was bug that completely stopped it working - a week or 2 later I think it was patched, but by then I just wrote my own Ai. ( I have a masters degree in AI, so kinda felt guilty using a 3rd party AI system, lol. I was more into artificial general intelligence though, I wrote a program that could rewrite, and recompile itself - ). Anyway, I never actually removed RAIN as I thought I might add it back in when it got a bit more stable, so technically it is in there. - Might even implement it in the future. It's my dream when I finish WHAM to concentrate on AGI.

RT_Jester likes this.
  24. RT_Jester

RT_Jester

Thanks for the info! I can see your point about using your education.

RAIN's infrastructure will do all the heavy lifting for you to get your character moving around, animating, and perceiving a scene. I think the real creativity in creating AI is actually crafting behavior which is easier to do in RAIN but it's not a magic bullet... it is getting there though.

Check out RAIN and let me know what you think! I'll be your direct contact here and will myself (or my team) will answer any questions you might have.

25. QI

QI

Hello !

Of course I love Assets Store, I think it is a important part of Unity3d.
    I always like to find some nice art package at assets store,really fall in love with some landscape package! :):)

And also I would like to share something about my product ISGravity:

My company's name: SPINACH
    A link to my game / app's website or a link to a trailer: http://www.spinachelectr.com/ISGravity/Demo.html

A couple of good quality screenshots : you can find it all on my website and the follow thread : http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/re...best-tool-to-make-a-flight-shoot-game.226862/

A short description : ISGravity is a very easy to use tool to make a flight shooter game,you can make your amazing game without any programming skill with ISGravity, only drag and drop !

Contact me :
    E-Mail : haoyan@spinachelectr.com

Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
  26. jonkuze

jonkuze

This thread just went from Promoting Games made with Unity Assets to Promoting your Unity Assets... Huh? there is an Asset Store Forum Category for that... come on people really?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
    RT_Jester likes this.
  27. RT_Jester

RT_Jester

Good point, I think there was a point missed here somewhere. If you feel my post was a form of promotion please accept my apologies-- that was not it's intention. Reading this thread made me curious. I know there is a lot of assets used in making games and, while it's impossible to name them all, I was surprised to see that no where in this thread was even a mention of an AI asset RAIN or otherwise. It might suggest that the majority of studios launching games are rolling their own AI.

Like Unity, we want to help promote games using our asset, not the asset itself. It's one more free channel to help studios get the word out.

28. Ravel

Ravel

I'd like to point out the fact that you can not upload plugins (dll files in my case) wich is a disapointment to me! Because I developed a realistic racing physics simulation module and I wanted to offer it with an afordable price. Meaning that I will not sell the code, but the fact that you can use the plugin to create realistic race cars.

4 years of hard work and unity decided to limit one of the most important features?

29. TonyLi

TonyLi

May I suggest you post this as a separate thread? It's not quite on topic for this thread. But you can submit DLLs to the Asset Store.

30. Ravel

Ravel

Imo this is exactly the right place, because the Asset store did NOT make my project possible, because of this issue. And there are different type of dll's mine is C++ source based and seems like the asset store ignores it.

31. TonyLi

TonyLi

I believe NLua ships with C++ DLLs, so yours may be more of a support/how-to question.

32. Saxi

Saxi

What did they steal and how did someone find out?

33. goat

goat

I created a game with Unity 4.6.1p2 Free and assets, some of them bought, from the asset store. I didn't even write a line of code but I did alter some textures. I did the game in a week but only because I messed around with Unity from time to time in the past. I released to 3 stores and would have released to 2 more stores if not for HW problems on my end (I think). The game is free of course but it was still worth while to make. I waiting for new HW so I can more thoroughly test it & expand it's capabilities. I was a bit of fun.

34. randomperson42

randomperson42

Screenshots? Links?

35. goat

goat

No, I released it to go through a release cycle, it's not really finished, although technically it's complete. I'll expand it capabilities by next Christmas, this time with my own code and work but I needed a good starting point.

It looks, plays, and sounds good though. And you wouldn't really look at it and say, 'oh that's Unity' or 'I know those assets'. In that vein, the art looks unified in on old style Saturday Evening Post / Norman Rockwell Christmas theme style although I didn't realize at the time I was buying those assets that was the look I was after.

It looks like a good mannered Christmas game.

+++++

OK, randomperson42 -

I got my NetBook 7" Android 4.4.2 tablet (quad code CPU and essentially quad core GPU although officially I think it's a dual core MP450 - not sure) from Wal*Mart today and I tried but I couldn't get the 'runner' in the game to run through various stairs and other colliders (invisible though the colliders be) like I could so easily on a single core / single GPU ARM Jellybean 4.1 7" tablet - even after simplifying the textures a lot. Even at $75 I don't want to buying these tablets several times a year.

The game is straight up Unity 4.6.1p2 and a few assets from the Asset Store. No code of mine or art of mine and it was fairly easy to give it an 'original look' with Gimp. It's kind of daft in that you can leave the track and hit an invisible wall but those changes come later. Just a reasonably compute intensive proof of concept and as important a reasonable test to see the minimal HW specs to look for going forward when and if I decide to publish something where I create some of the art and add some coding.

It only works with enough multithreading resources available and was proof enough for me that I won't be publishing anything to anything less then an dual Core CPU / Quad Core GPU (or vice versa) like the iPhone 5S or the NetBook 7" Android Tablet at Wal*Mart.

Hobby or not, do you want to dork around with the Unity kernel tossing interrupts and physics calculations to keep the screen drawn you've designed and then optimize that until it works and you have nothing like you had planned on or do you want to restrict yourself to a subset of inexpensive HW and SW (in the Android case) such that you can focus on creating a game or other app that you can expand on and enjoy?

In Google Store & Amazon Store it's called Six Pence although even typing Six Pence in their search engines won't bring it up unless you narrow the search beforehand.

Ciao, have fun.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  36. WellFiredDevelopment

WellFiredDevelopment

Hello!

First of all, this is obviously in the wrong place, I just couldn't find a reasonable place for it :)

The Asset Store didn't help me realise my 'project', but it helped me to realise my dream of working around the globe. I'm currently maintaining my assets along with a couple of other contract developers whilst travelling around South East Asia. I've been able to quit my job, travel and maintain all my products whilst (attempting) to realise my un-announced game. The benefit for me and my team is that, we obviously don't need an office and as such can work from just about any corner of the globe (with wifi), therefore realising the ultimate dream of travelling, without having to worry about where my income is coming from.

www.wellfired.com
    (Just about to launch our new asset) - HipFilters - http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/hi...ilters-and-in-game-screenshot-utility.289030/

Assets we've made :
    uSequencer - http://www.wellfired.com/usequencer.html
    uRecord - http://www.wellfired.com/urecord.html
    Development Console - http://www.wellfired.com/developmentconsole.html
    (Pending Review) HipFilters - http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/hi...ilters-and-in-game-screenshot-utility.289030/

You can contact me at terrymagnusdrever@wellfired.com

- Terry

37. temo_koki

temo_koki

Making Of Santa's Funny Job

Play the game on Kongregate:
    http://www.kongregate.com/games/temo_koki/santas-funny-job

Used Assets:

Mariam Sarishvili - Fantasy Medieval Cartoon Village Pack
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/30043

Hedgehog Team - Christmas Toon Level Kit
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/21209

Unluck Software - Toon Character Pack
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/6698

G.E.TeamDev - Fantasy Skybox FREE
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/18353

BD-GS (OUSE Games) - Secure Client
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/3692

SonicBloomEric likes this.
  38. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

http://www.thebarbariangame.com

"The Barbarian", 100% Unity Asset Store art & audio.
    Anything that wasn't available, I hired out for or did myself, and then put up on the store to sell.

39. McSwan

McSwan

40. Weendie-Games

Weendie-Games

41. DM789

DM789

well.... i don't know if i'm gonna use assets from unity store,

because it seems there is a stigma that i noticed on a lot of steam forums, that devs that uses bought assets or free assets, they tend to be looked down by a lot of steam users, seems like if the devs uses assets that isn't self made, they think the devs are incompetent,

i want to use assets (free or bought), because i'm a 1 man team(coder), but i'm really afraid that it will be my doom, if some user pointed out that its an assets from assets store. and then comes the domino effects.....

ps : i forgot which games got affected, because it was a few months ago. oh and sorry for my bad english, english isn't my native language.

42. meshonline

meshonline

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  43. the_Bad_Brad

the_Bad_Brad

I'm recreating State of Decay with Asset Store items.

The game will be called State of Decay: Remix

Those trees came from asset store.
    That Sky some came from asset store too.
    The background music is composed by Jesper Kyd.
    The characters, except the powered armor guy are downloaded from tf3dm.com
    Everything else is created by me.

44. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

That's a stigma, yes. But not everyone has it, and a quality game is a quality game. People say that about the store not because the assets are bad, but because people make bad games. If a lot of games were made w/o the store that were crap, maybe they'd say "Non-asset store games are crap", except they can't do that, nothing to latch onto.

Fact is the assets are there, and what developers do with them should reflect the developers, not the assets.

HOWEVER -- having made my whole game w/ asset store stuff, I know I wanted much more versatility in assets. So I started spending my savings on getting things made. It's not at all cheap, but the stuff I've been making for my own game, I've been putting on the asset store.

Check out http://www.InfinityPBR.com -- all my models are insanely customizable. I actually don't know of a single other asset on the store that does what i'm doing. Not only are the models top quality, and the textures and animations realistic in a physical world, but the textures are 100% customizable. Many models include a handful of texture sets.

That's great, but you're still stuck with only a few looks, unless you do something w/ it in Photoshop. I go beyond that, and allow you to change the look and feel with sliders from within Unity. The colors ,the roughness value, environmental FX like ground dirt, surface dirt, grunge, damage, snow, ice & more.

Most of the time you can even change the entire texture itself -- change things from metal to wood or use different metals.

My goal is to provide crazy high quality work for people like me-two-years-ago (when I started making my game) while also allowing them to have as unique as possible models. Not only will that help keep players from seeing the same models over and over, it helps developers ensure that the look and feel of the models matches the game they want to make -- from ultra realistic to less so, and everything in between.

So....shameless plug over! Check it out :D

twobob likes this.
  45. Catacomber

Catacomber

Although I have a 2d artist, I couldn't have done my games without the Unity Asset store and thanks to everybody there like sfbaystudios, but I have one little complaint.

I can't sort graphics in the Asset Store anymore by Latest and so I don't know what the latest graphics are. Some help would be most welcome. Consequently I don't spend any money in the asset store because I know the old assets but can't find the new ones but that's not helping me find good new assets for my games. : } I stumble on a few.

I think any complaint about using Unity assets on Steam or anywhere else could be avoided if you carefully construct your scene not just from one asset provider but from many and use your artistic perception to see if it looks right. Because no one knows even on Steam all the assets in the asset store. You can make a scene using Dexsoft graphics' assets, Mr. Necturus' assets, sfbaystudios' assets, and so many others that who would know?

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
    infinitypbr likes this.
  46. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

First, glad you like my stuff!

You can search by latest, it's now in the "Updated" option. Only when browsing via categories, however. Of course that'll show new and recently updated packages, rather than just new ones.

I think somewhere there is an RSS feed that will show all the latest packages, but that may also include updates, not sure.

Screen Shot 2015-10-21 at 2.35.39 AM.png

47. Catacomber

Catacomber

Thanks! For your great assets and for helping me find the new packages. :)

48. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Here's my second game .... using more Asset Store assets than I can count:

Demon's Rise on the app store. A top-down, turn-based dungeon crawler. Rated 4 out of 5 stars by Touch Arcade and was featured in the RPG section when released.

Screen Shot 2015-09-30 at 4.20.11 PM by Rajpreet Dhillon, on Flickr

Screen Shot 2015-10-07 at 12.29.59 PM by Rajpreet Dhillon, on Flickr

Old school RPG with 27 playable character classes, loads of items and loot to collect, an XCOM-style cover and morale system and a gritty / dark fantasy setting.

Here's the link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/demons-rise/id951205464?mt=8

cabled_mess, mancuso and infinitypbr like this.
  49. aakarshak51

aakarshak51

50. AlanMattano

AlanMattano

Assets are lost in time. The life time is too short.

Limit for an Indy.

Asset store it is grate but if the game is made with for example more that 100 different asset is impossible tomaintain (for an Indy). The asset store has a limit of quantity that a user can manage. This limitation is made by the quality of the assets them self that do not persist in time or do not reach the stability to be include in the game. For an Indy after a big amount of assets include in the game, there is more time fixing problems than the time between Unity updates. At that point is not possible to add more assets into the game for an Indy. The only way is replacing some of them when is possible.

The limit numbers of asset that an asset producer can produce is direct proportional to long terms bad quality. If the asset producer is responsible then he will end up with a limited numbers of asset he/she can produce because maintain it is time consuming.

The solution to this problem can be that Unity offer to the asset builders a kind of kit maintenance service. Or better a pay percentage process to maintenance that asset service automatically replace old code with new code so the asset builder has free time making new assets and he/she is not there trying to fix them all. I mean when the asset is stable.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015