Search Unity

New Win 8.1 machine with VS 2013 => Errors

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Sievlar, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Sievlar

Sievlar

I just setup my machine with the following:
    - Windows 8.1
    - Unity 4.2.2f1
    - Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2013 for Windows

Now I get build errors:
    -----------------------------
    Internal compiler error. See the console log for more information. output was:Microsoft (R) Visual C# Compiler version 4.0.30319.33440

for Microsoft (R) .NET Framework 4.5
    Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

error CS0006: Metadata file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\References\CommonConfiguration\Neutral\Windows.winmd' could not be found
    error CS0006: Metadata file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\.NETCore\v4.5\Microsoft.CSharp.dll' could not be found
    error CS0006: Metadata file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\.NETCore\v4.5\Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll' could not be found
    error CS0006: Metadata file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\.NETCore\v4.5\mscorlib.dll' could not be found
    .. etc ...

FYI - I can't find "Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows" on Microsoft's website anymore, so I can't install that.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Mark

2. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

3. Sievlar

Sievlar

Thanks, that fixed the build errors I was getting in Unity.

Now when I open the project in Visual Studio 2013 it tells me I must retarget the project to Windows 8.1. I am not able to build until I do that. The retarget worked fine without errors, however when I then try to build I get:
    Error 1 Could not find SDK "Microsoft.VCLibs, Version=11.0".
    Warning 2 The referenced component 'Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Package' could not be found.

Thanks
    Mark

4. Mervill

Mervill

After retargeting rightclick on 'References' in the project view and select 'Add Refrences'

Select Windows/Extensions in the sidebar, in the center list deselect 'Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Package' and select 'Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Runtime Package for Windows'

milox777 likes this.
  5. Sievlar

Sievlar

Thanks! That pointed me in the right direction. I needed to remove the broken reference under references.

milox777 likes this.
  6. milox777

milox777

It helped me as well! Thanks :)