Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

iOS Prov.Profiles: Development vs Adhoc-Distribution

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by Cascho01, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Cascho01

Cascho01

I want to send my iOS Apps to clients for testing purposes (using Testflight/Diawi) before finally submitting them to the appstore.

Now I get confused when chosing the correct provisioning profile for this app
    because in both cases I have to register test-devices and include them in the profiles.

$ProvProfiles.jpg

Is it just that I can´t use store technologies when distributing with developer profiles?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
  2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Use the Ad Hoc distribution profile.

App Store provisioning profile will not run on your device or client devices. It will get DRM added on Apple's end before it works for the store.

Development profiles let you properly debug and come with fluff. This can be automated to an extent from xcode. Both Ad Hoc and Development will probably work for you and clients, but it's recommended you use Ad Hoc for clients.

3. mwyman

mwyman

Important note if you are using push notifications, there are two ways/places to send a push notification. One is for development, which can only be received by a build that has been compiled with a development profile. The second is production, which is what you use to send to live users (the app on the app store) and builds compiles with a adHoc profile.

Also, if your using testflight to send builds to other people you'll want to use (required I believe) an adHoc profile as well.