Search Unity

OBM One Base Male Customisable Character designed for UNITY released

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by arteria, Oct 15, 2013.

1. arteria

arteria

What is it?
    ONE BASE MALE(OBM) is a character customisation kit, providing a base male character in underwear at the outset, provided with many costume styles and armour elements that fit onto this character(all are rigged already, and provide as part of the model file)

What makes this kit quite unique?
    The intereresting part of this kit, is that its not fixed to one genre - The kit includes medieval and sci fi costumes, and armour pieces, allowing you to not only make medieval, or sci fi based styled characters, but an interesting mix of the two, allowing for some interesting medieval/scifi hybrid characters.

Use Unity?
    Customers who use unity get the added bonus of the kit set up to use with a scene provided with a collection of ready made characters from the kit, as depicted in the promo images. The Unity version allows intuitive use of the kit, with all models, animations, textures, materials, and shader maps set up for you.

Product can be purchased for just $99 for the next 2 weeks, before rising to $150.
    A female version of this kit will also be released very soon.

Price - Initial launch $99
    ProductPage:
    http://arteria3d.com/products/obm

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  2. arteria

arteria

Video instruction guide just posted:

Check out the video below, to see how easy the kit is to use.
    [video=youtube_share;Uu9N4U1c2_8]http://youtu.be/Uu9N4U1c2_8

3. Jaimi

Jaimi

Looks incredible! Wow, exactly what everyone needs. Now of course need "One Base Female". :)

4. arteria

arteria

Thank you Jaimi
    I will be releasing a female version very soon too

5. Wampy

Wampy

As always nice work Steve.

6. granada

granada

Nice work again,thanks steve :D.

Dave

7. arteria

arteria

Thankyou, much appreciated. Ive put a lot of work into the kit, to make it nice and easy to use for you all.

Steve

8. John-G

John-G

Fantastic character pack Steve. Does the set include basic feet for default male model?
    Would be good for rpg's for start character.

9. sefou

sefou

Hi,

if this plug will became Mecamim compatible , you will have an sure buyer.

10. arteria

arteria

John, I don't include feet, as I figured that most would start with some kind of footwear, but easy to add, in the next update

Steve

11. arteria

arteria

Thankyou Sefou

12. junkyardog

junkyardog

Super kit.

As noted on Arteria's forums, Firefox seems to want to display a text file upon download whereas ie is downloading fine. Is there something in Firefox that could be set to not have this issue?

13. im

im

yeah i just got it last night and it looks like fun stuff, well worth checking out...

when you do you will notice he doesnt even forget to throw in the kitchen sink

so you get something that has so many different uses.

plus you get all the stuff you need to tweak away.

finally im very happy i headed on to his studio cause he has lots of stuff and very fair terms for and pricing for any indie game developer.

just chat with him he's very nice and helpful guy

got me pointed in the right directed on how to get started with what i wanted to do and saved me lots of money... so if you need stuff check out his place and have a chat with him. he's very kind/helpful.

so thanks steve :)

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  14. arteria

arteria

Thanyou IM, thats very kind of you.

15. Archania

Archania

Very nicely done arteria. Awesome job

16. arteria

arteria

Thankyou Archania, much appreciated

Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
  17. arteria

arteria

Also the product works with mecanim and rigs fine. Although my animations don't use root motion, its still good to know it works with the mecanim system.

Steve

18. tectuma

tectuma

NO FEET!!!! AGGGG... LOL I need feet... OK I posted this at your site before coming here but I will post it here too:

We are interested in using your OBM system in our project but had a few questions first:

1 - Will it work with Unity's Mecanim? We down loaded your Easter give away (still up on your site) and tried to use it with Mecanim and found that it was missing the bone from the elbow to the hand and Mecamin tossed a fit and broke the hands of the model. Looked funny but did not work. That is why we wanted to make sure it was supported first. - You said above yes so this one is fine...

2 - We allow the players to pick male and female toon so if we put in the OBM we would have to put the female ver in at the same time (Have to be fare) we where wondering how long before it would be released. Is there an ETA for the female?

3 - Will the female names (Meshes, textures, etc...) match up with the OBM? Also will it support the same Meshes? Like the OBM has plate armor A will the female ver also have a plate armor A (Just the female ver of it). Can understand that they may not have the beard or may have a bra that is not in the OBM has but would be nice to know. (Just wondering if both models would work with our current code set that lets the males and females use the same items...).

4 - In the video you said that there would be other packages such as punk etc. How would this work with the OBM would they be a complexity different model set or would there be a way to mix and match them (Like a shirt on from the punk on the OBM male with a cape from a diff one of your packages. Also do you plan on releasing the Punk/Sifi etc females and males at the same time? and a ETA on this...

(So you know just trying to get your models approved so so we can get rid of our current ones. They are fugly!!! If I do get them approved we will prob be buying all the packages going forward. LOL)

19. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Does this have more faces, hair styles and skin colors than the base scifi male?

20. John-G

John-G

Cheers Steve, fantastic product.

21. arteria

arteria

Tactuma,

1 - The OBm system does work with mecanim, its just my animations are not root motion.
    One of my customers successfully rigged yesterday and applied his own mix of animations for the torso part, then for the legs and all worked well.

2 - The female version will be released in just under a month- it will use the same mesh styles and the exact same texture set - all bones will be the same, all materials the same, all animations the same.

3 - The female will use the same texture set, with its own mesh versions of the armour, to accommodate the female proportions.

4 - When I do the steampunk styles it will use the combination of meshes already provided, with texture alterations - and if I think it needs it some new meshes too, which will be combined with the main kit FBX, for hats, etc.

22. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

I see you are going to add steampunk and the modern based male to this. Do you have any plans on adding modern military outfits to this at all?

23. arteria

arteria

Thankyou John!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  24. arteria

arteria

Dreamlarp, re the faces, there are 15 in the base pack, a lot more than the original scifi pack, plus there are lots more hairstyles. This will increase with additions to the pack, probably free updates

The new OBM, and OBf for female system will encompass all character styles eventually. the flexibility of the included meshes allow this, and i will also add additional mesh pieces for more specific uniform elements

I really apreciate all the support and questions about the pack. Its very heart felt that the community enjoy the products i make.

Steve

25. arteria

arteria

Re the military uniforms, that's a great idea. We could even introduce the existing soldier pack into OBm.

26. RayWolf

RayWolf

Looks like a great package, wanna have it.^^

Is it possible to purchase this asset via unity asset store?
    and
    I dont have paypal account.

27. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Yes just what I was thinking. Our game needed modern casual, military and scifi. That's not easy to find.

28. arteria

arteria

Raywolf, you don't need a PayPal account, PayPal simply process the card payments

29. RayWolf

RayWolf

one does need a paypal acc.

the issue is as always:

in past (10 years ago) coz of inactivity and the lack of a verification tbank transfer my old ancient paypal acc was closed. Its real hard to get it open because I surely have no clue what my former years ago credit card number were. paypal support is hell and pain in the ass!

for getting your aasset I can a) log into my paypal acc where I cant do S*** coz it sux/closed still (even with personality check and telephone talks LOL) OR b) create a new paypal acc which IS NOT WORKING because my name and/or email adress is still connected with this closed paypal acc.

you see..Im not able to buy anything from you and this matter is real anoying coz of the damn good assets you made over the years.

Maybe Im doing something wrong but this is just a 10 percent chance I think.

I can pay with legit visa card but not with paypal in background it seems. Is buying via normal bank transfer an option for you? (Im sitting in germany here)

regards,
    Ray

Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  30. arteria

arteria

Sorry to hear this. When you as a customer wish to purchase though, you don't actually have to log into any paypal account. I know when im buying personally myself, I can either log into an account or use a card without logging into paypal

Do you not get that option?

Steve

31. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Yes paypal is so bad with service. We found that we had to make a brand new account with them. Even using the same bank account they still opened it without any delay.

32. RayWolf

RayWolf

Hi again,

I get only 2 payment options, one is with login into existing acc and one is making a new acc. Maybe I can let some fields empty, I will try this.

edit: no, paypal is NOT optional for me (germany..maybe thatswhy..who knows)

I will talk to the paypal crappy support on monday (tomorrow) regarding my account AGAIN, another attempt.

MfG,
    Ray

Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  33. Socrates

Socrates

RayWolf:

Based on my experience elsewhere, your country of origin does matter for what options you have when paying with PayPal. It caused a lot of confusion until we finally figured out that in some countries, PayPal just doesn't put up the option to pay with a credit card without going through a PayPal account.

I would assume it has to do with varied banking laws in the different countries. Unfortunately, I do not have a list of which countries do allow it and which do not.

34. arteria

arteria

That's interesting how paypal only put up - pay with credit card in certan countries. That's quite limiting for a lot of customers.

35. arteria

arteria

Thankyou for all the interest with the OBMs, especially since the female version released

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  36. arteria

arteria

Addons released this week on OBm include Feet Mesh, so you can use the character without boots.
    Also, in the transition of adding our modern day character styles, acting on requests by customers, we have developed a series of 1920s style clothing, in the style of a Horror Investigaor style character. Great for use with our total horror character, and forthcoming asylum packs.

37. John-Lattin

John-Lattin

Out of curiosity, are you going to release this on the asset store? I understand that your profit will be lower, you *could* offset this by charging more on the asset store and letting people chose where they want to purchase it. it would be nice to at least have this option.

38. John-G

John-G

Thanks for the feet :)

39. arteria

arteria

John L, in the short-term the pack will only be released on arteria.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  40. arteria

arteria

John G, yes.. important addition. Will release before the weekend.

41. arteria

arteria

New update Released Today,adding feet to the character system, thus characters can now start without boots, just in underwear on your character creation screens.

42. unicat

unicat

Waited for this, thank you. :)

43. arteria

arteria

Your welcome. More new updates shortly too. Modern Day elements are being worked on, for the next addon pack.
    OBM OBF are to raise in price shortly, so grab them both now for Christmas before the increase!

http://arteria3d.com/products/obm

44. sefou

sefou

Hi Steve, pm send.

sefou