Search Unity

Do I need real iphone to register apple developer?

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by leegod, Oct 15, 2013.

1. leegod

leegod

Or can I just make iOS build and launch on appstore without real iphone?

2. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

If you drive your car with your eyes closed, then yes, you can submit a totally untested game to the app store. (Just don't expect to get good reviews.) :)

Seriously, how would you know the game even runs? Or runs at a suitable frame rate? Or the touch handling feels right? At least buy a cheap, old iPod Touch or 3GS, or something, and give it a try.

3. leegod

leegod

Because I already launched this game on android store, and ran on mac mini iphone simulator.

4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Just go ahead and drive with a blindfold, you're obviously set on it. I don't even see why you bothered posting here about it.

5. Agent_007

Agent_007

You can publish an App without a real device. But personally I would test the App on real device.

6. leegod

leegod

7. OceanBlue

OceanBlue

lol you read my mind

8. OceanBlue

OceanBlue

You can purchase ipods on ebay for 80 bucks.

To be honest, if you won't invest $80 to test on a device, what kind of respect do you have for your customers? You want to be taken seriously? Then show it in your work ethic.

9. leegod

leegod

Testing on ipod is nice idea. Is this similar result with test on iphone? I think 4g or 5g ipod, iphone.

10. DanielQuick

DanielQuick

If you want low end hardware (you do), you'd want the iPod Touch 4th gen. It has the same specifications (essentially) as the iPhone 4, with less RAM.

However, you wouldn't be able to test the 4 inch screen size or iOS 7 unless you get the 5th gen.

You can always find people who do have devices and send them the build via TestFlight to get their feedback.

11. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Testflight is a good cheap way you can gather feedback without the device. Certainly, you should do that as a minimum.