Unity Community

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

1. Location
    Maryland, USA

Complete solution with UIs, cutscenes, quests & more!

Name:  ds_logo_128x128.png
Views: 67
Size:  14.1 KB

The Dialogue System is a proven, complete solution for interactive conversations, designed from the ground up with a polished user interface system, cutscene sequences (camera shots, animation, etc.), node-based visual conversation editor, dynamic state, and more, with easy integration into your existing gameplay framework.

"This asset does everything it promises and more. It comes with great documentation and examples of different uses of the system. The support from the publisher is top notch as well. You'd be hard pressed to find a better value on the Asset Store."
    Recently Added Features: Adventure Creator integration, 2D Action RPG Starter Kit integration,
    KGFMapSystem integration, and more!

Name:  f01 Editor.jpg
Size:  64.5 KB

Name:  f02 UIs.jpg
Size:  76.9 KB

Name:  f03 Cutscenes.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  77.3 KB

Name:  f04 2D and 3D and more.jpg
Size:  112.6 KB

Requires Unity 4.3.0 or higher.

"This dialogue system is by far the best one available on the Asset Store.

It comes with vast amount of different uses and features and a lot of examples and integration packages to make it work with other popular assets such as NGUI or uSeq in no time. Documentation is rich and all scripts are commented and summarized in a clear way which helps a lot while working with the system.

I'm using this asset with Chat Mapper and together they are awesome environment to write and test interactive dialogue.... This is by far one of the best purchases I've made on the Asset Store."
    Features:
    Editor:
    • Visual, node-based editor
    • Optional compact outline-based editor perfect for large conversations
    • Importers for Chat Mapper, articy:draft, and Neverwinter Nights

Engine:
    • No scripting required
    • Dynamic, branching conversation trees
    • Barks and gameplay alerts
    • Cutscenes (voice acting, audio, animation, camerawork, etc.)
    • Quick Time Events (QTEs)
    • Quest system
    • NPC status & relationship system
    • Easy language localization
    • Save/load without scripting
    • Optional Lua scripting and variable system supports sophisticated dialogue conditions
    • Comprehensive documentation and tutorials

Runtime UIs:
    • GUI-independent; works with all GUI systems
    • Built-in support for Unity GUI, NGUI, DF-GUI & 2D Toolkit
    • Modular interfaces: swap in your own UI or cutscene system
    • Several beautiful, fully-customizable UI skins
    • Detailed sci-fi environment & animated model
    • Works in 2D and 3D

Integration:
    Provides general-purpose integration components for any framework, plus custom components for drop-in integration into:
    • 2D Action RPG Starter Kit
    • Adventure Creator
    • Core GameKit (Killer Waves)
    • FaceFX
    • KGFMapSystem
    • PlayMaker
    • plyGame (UniRPG 2)
    • Realistic FPS Prefab
    • UltimateFPS (UFPS)
    • uSequencer

For Programmers:
    • Complete, thoroughly documented & optimized C# source code
    • Pre-compiled DLLs provided for lightning-fast build times
    • Full API reference

Works in Unity Free & Pro, and tested on standalone, web, and mobile.

"This is an amazing asset at every sense. It has a small learning curve but once you get the hang of it, creating dialogues is a breeze. The asset has a lot functions; has its own quest system and variables, a dedicated save system and Lua scripting support. Don't be alarmed by the word "scripting" though, it takes you few hours to learn the syntax and you're good to go. The examples provided with the asset are quite adequate, make sure you study them before you jump into creating dialogues.

The asset also has NGUI, Playmaker and uSequencer support which is actually why I chose this asset over the other similar ones. It works great with Chat Mapper software but if you don't want to go down that road, the asset has its own dialogue editor which is very easy to use. You can also create different styles of dialogues, from adventure games to Mass Effect type dialogues with quick time actions.

The developer was very quick to respond to an issue and very helpful. In short, this asset was $50 well spent. I'd recommend it to anyone who needs a solid dialogue system in their game."
    Links:

"You really get an amazing value for your money with this asset. Sure it's a Dialogue System but the amount of extras is staggering - you get a flexible sequencer (which can actually be used with uSequencer), quest system, LUA scripting, lots of different component scripts (triggers), tools and support for all other major assets (Daikon, Playmaker, NGUI). There's even a fully fledged 3D space marine model you can use in your games. Support is great, documentation is very thorough."
    "This is a very high quality, well documented, and powerful dialog system. I have used several of the others in this category and each has their weaknesses and strengths but overall usability and versatility of this system is in a class of its own. Make sure you look at the work that has gone into the documentation alone. If all assets were this well documented our lives would be much better. If you're concerned about support - no need. Fast responses from the author and clear and concise answers to the questions I have posed. Triple A Asset IMHO!
    Change History:
    Version 1.2.1:
    Editors & Converters
    • New: Visual node-based conversation editor.
    • Improved: Can reorder dialogue entry links.
    • Improved: Tooltips added to the Dialogue Editor.
    • Improved: Double-clicking a dialogue database opens the Dialogue Editor.
    • Changed: When merging databases, if Actors, Items, or Locations exist in both, only the original will be kept.
    • Fixed: Bug that prevented adding fields to the dialogue database template.
    • (Chat Mapper) Can now convert Chat Mapper data at runtime; fixed bug converting some Chat Mapper projects with text containing pipes (|).
    • (articy:draft) Fixed an issue with jump targets in the articy:draft converter.
    • (Aurora NWN) Can now process all dlg.xml files to add missing actor tags.

Engine
    • New: Added a delegate hook to support extra checking on dialogue entries.
    • Improved: Added DialogueDatabase.GetItem(string), GetLocation(string).
    • Changed: At end of conversations, Lua observers update before Alert variable is checked and cleared. (Important if you're observing
    • Variable["Alert"].)

UIs
    • New: Optional Continue (Close) button for Alerts
    • Unity GUI updates:
      - Improved: Auto-Size grows in the direction specified by Alignment instead of growing equally in all directions.
      - Fixed: Panels are now positioned correctly when Clip Children is unticked.
      - Fixed: Rich text codes use lowercase hex characters, since Unity GUI doesn't handle uppercase characters well.
      - Fixed: Slide & Timer effects and gameplay alerts weren't timing properly with DialogueTime.Mode set to Realtime when Time.timeScale changed.

Third-Party Support
    • (Adventure Creator) New: Gameplay Integration with Adventure Creator
    • (plyGame) Added support for new interact system; updated to accommodate changes in latest beta.

Version 1.2.0:
    • New: LoadLevel() sequencer command.
    • New: Bark Dialogue UI to run conversations using actors' bark UIs.
    • Improved: Dialogue Editor sort button for quest fields, multi-line text areas for quest entries.
    • Improved: Lines assigned to the Player can now be used for barks.
    • Changed: Dialogue Manager keeps original emphasis settings when adding new databases.
    • Changed: Added Trackable field to Quest/Item table.
    • Changed: (Internal change) bark subtitle objects now use speaker instead of listener; no effect to end user.
    • Fixed: When configured as a singleton, Dialogue Manager now won't create a ghost copy when referenced while application is quitting.
    • Fixed: DialogueLua.SetXXXField & SetVariable now allow setting to null.
    • Fixed: Actor/Item/Quest text fields with line breaks weren't being handled properly by Lua.
    • (Chat Mapper) New: Export to Chat Mapper XML feature.
    • (uSequencer) Updated support package for uSequencer 1.3.5's new namespace.
    • Save/Load System improvements:
      New: Level Manager Component to load player's saved level when loading saved games.
      Improved: PersistentPositionData added option to track current level in PersistentPositionData.
      Improved: PersistentDataManager added includeSimStatus property. Now also records quest entry states.
    • Aurora Toolset (Neverwinter Nights) Converter improvements:
      New: Clear buttons to Dlg and Jrl sections.
      Improved: Can convert Jrl files by themselves now.
      Improved: Journal entries now include the "End" tag from Jrl files.
      Fixed: Conditions on replies weren't being added.

Version 1.1.9.1:
    • New: KGFMapSystem integration, KGFMapIcon() sequencer command.
    • New: Increment On Destroy script (useful for kill/gather quests).
    • Improved: Added Unity Dialogue UI Continue Button Fast Forward.
    • Improved: Bark triggers now record current bark index in Lua (for sequential barkers).
    • Improved: Added property to override position of NPC barks in Unity GUI & NGUI (DFGUI & TK2D already do this).
    • Changed: Bark index for sequential barks now wraps to zero at end of list of lines.
    • Fixed: DialogueManager > Allow Only One Instance now destroys duplicates immediately so they can't affect the Lua environment.
    • Fixed: Custom sequencer cameras weren't destroying themselves properly.
    • Fixed: Gamepad navigation bug.
    • (plyGame) Updated plyGame support package to handle changes in plyGame 2.0.9 beta.

Version 1.1.9:
    • New: Unique ID Tool to guarantee unique IDs across dialogue databases.
    • New: Quest Tracker HUD component.
    • Improved: Added demonstrations of text input and quest tracking to the feature demo scene.
    • Improved: The {{end}} tag is now supported in any dialogue entry sequence.
    • Improved: Sequence subjects can use "/" to access child objects (e.g., Animation(Character/Model, Idle)). Note:
    • SetActive(parent/child) doesn't find inactive children.
    • Improved: Added Dialogue Manager Display Setting "Inform Sequence Start And End".
    • Improved: DialogueLua.IncRelationship()/DecRelationship() on an undefined relationship value initializes the value to zero first.
    • Changed: SetPortrait() now sets a Lua field rather than modifying the dialogue database.
    • Fixed: DialogueLua.SetVariable()/SetItemField() handled non-string values incorrectly.
    • Fixed: Bug in display of Dialogue Editor drop-down fields when there were gaps in IDs.
    • Fixed: Unity GUI & NGUI barks were showing even if camera was facing 180 degrees away.
    • (plyGame) Updated plyGame support package to handle changes to plyGame.
    • (2D Toolkit) Implemented ITextFieldUI.

Version 1.1.8:
    • New: GUI system-independent quest log window system, with built-in implementations for Unity GUI, NGUI, and Daikon Forge GUI.
    • New: General-purpose Localization Tables.
    • New: Override Actor Name component. Also, if Usable or Persistent Data name overrides are blank, Override Actor Name will be used if defined.
    • New: Set Animator State On Dialogue Event and Set Animation On Dialogue Event components.
    • New: (QuestLog) Added IsQuestTrackingEnabled(), SetQuestTracking(), IsQuestAbandonable(). New options reflected in Dialogue Editor.
    • New: (Unity GUI): Can now change keyboard navigation click key from Unity's default Space.
    • New: (Unity GUI): When keyboard/gamepad navigation is enabled, mouse wheel scrolls through choices.
    • New: (PlayMaker): SetQuestTracking, IsQuestTrackingEnabled, and IsQuestAbandonable actions.
    • New: (plyGame): SetQuestTracking, IsQuestTrackingEnabled, and IsQuestAbandonable blocks.
    • Improved: Sequence & Lua Trigger inspectors now have multiline text areas.
    • Improved: If a "Notes" field is defined in a dialogue entry, the editor shows it. Also added a foldout for All Fields.
    • Fixed: Unity GUI controls weren't auto-fitting correctly in some cases.

Older Release Notes

"This dialogue system has all the bells and whistles and even being new on the asset store it is already very solid. The developer is quick to reply and very helpful with tips for integrating the asset into existing and new projects."

Please post any feedback here or email support (at) pixelcrushers (dot) com.
    Last edited by TonyLi; 7 Hours Ago at 06:56 PM.
    Dialogue System for Unity: Complete solution for interactive conversations, barks, quests, and more.

2. Location
    Maryland, USA
    Thank you to everyone who's picked up a copy of the Dialogue System for Unity already! Please don't hesitate to email or PM me with any questions or suggestions for the development roadmap.

I haven't received any requests for Chat Mapper discount codes. Perhaps the notice was tucked too deep in the original post. As a reminder:

Through April 2014, email me your invoice number for a 10% discount code good for any single Chat Mapper license!
    Dialogue System for Unity: Complete solution for interactive conversations, barks, quests, and more.

3. Location
    Maryland, USA
    Version 1.0.6 was just submitted to the Asset Store!

New Features:
    • NGUI 3.x support.
    • Additional cutscene sequence commands for controlling Mecanim characters.

Other Notes:
    • If you're using Urban Brain Studios' Chat Mapper versions 1.6.0 - 1.6.1.0, please upgrade to version 1.6.1.1 to fix an XML export bug.
    • Chat Mapper 1.6.x introduces several great new features, including data validation. Unfortunately this means the Dialogue System can no longer repurpose the built-in Video File field for cutscene sequences. The Dialogue System now uses a custom field named Sequence. See the 1.0.6 Release Notes for more details.

4. Location
    Maryland, USA
    Version 1.0.7 was submitted to the Asset Store!

Changes:
    • Fixed a conversion error with Chat Mapper 1.6 group nodes.
    • Fixed a bug with Dialog[].SimStatus conditions.

5. Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Do you know if this is works with Realistic FPS Prefab?

If it did, you'd save me a great deal of time

6. Location
    Maryland, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNorthridge View Post
    Do you know if this is works with Realistic FPS Prefab?

If it did, you'd save me a great deal of time
    I don't see why not. I built it for a first/third-person Mass Effect style project. But I'll confirm and let you know soon!

7. Location
    Dublin, Ireland

8. Location
    Maryland, USA
    The Dialogue System for Unity works fine with Realistic FPS Prefab. Here's a proof of concept that took all of 5-10 minutes: http://pixelcrushers.com/dialogue_sy...realistic_fps/. (Sorry it's a 35 MB load; the sample scene that comes with the Realistic FPS Prefab is kind of big.)

If you run up to the first robot on the path, it will automatically start a conversation.

You'll probably want to pause the FPS action during conversations. You can use the Set Enabled On Dialogue Event component to disable FPS components when the conversation starts and re-enable them when the conversation ends. The included demo scene does this with a simple third-person controller. That's just one way, of course. It's really up to you how you want it to work. And I'm here if you need assistance to get it working just the way you want.

More-detailed video tutorials are coming over the next few days, too.

9. Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Hi Tony,

Demo works great for a first try

How well does the Quest System work?

Cant wait to get my hands on this tool

-Sean

10. Location
    Maryland, USA
    Hi Sean,
    How well does the Quest System work?
    The quest system is complete and will also be getting additional features in an upcoming release.

Please feel free to peruse the quest system documentation at: http://www.pixelcrushers.com/dialogu...og_system.html

And try out the quest logs in the Sci Fi and Fantasy demos. The source Chat Mapper project for the Fantasy demo is on the demo page. You can look through it in Chat Mapper to see how the quests were written.

11. Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Hi Tony,

Sorry, I mean as in, how well does the Quest System work in the FPS Prefab? :P

Its vital it works, as it'll be the main source of missions, where in exploring the city, you pick up quests, complete them, and gain rewards from them.

It will also drive the story forward.

-Sean

12. Location
    Maryland, USA
    Sorry, I mean as in, how well does the Quest System work in the FPS Prefab? :P
    I'll put together a proof of concept using the Realistic FPS Prefab tomorrow morning and post the link here.

13. Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Cool Thanks for the Help

Remind me to send you a pack of cookies :P

Now to learn and relearn the Dialogue instructions!

14. Location
    Maryland, USA
    I just used the same link: http://www.pixelcrushers.com/dialogu...realistic_fps/

Name:  Realistic FPS Demo small.png
Views: 5516
Size:  325.2 KB

I added a quest. The Esc key brings up a main menu borrowed from the feature demo, from which you can view the quest log.

I used the Set Enabled On Dialogue Event component to "pause" the FPS action during conversations.

I also wrote two very short scripts to give the Dialogue System access to the internal state of the FPS scene.

This script removes a weapon when you give it away during dialogue (called by a sequencer command in the dialogue):

Code:  
    1. public class AddRemoveWeapon : MonoBehaviour {
    3.     public WeaponBehavior weapon;
    5.     public void RemoveWeapon() {
    6.         weapon.haveWeapon = false;
    7.         weapon.gameObject.SetActive(false);
    8.     }
    10. }

This script is used to tell the Dialogue System that you've picked up an item:

Code:  
    1. public class LuaOnPickUpItem : MonoBehaviour {
    3.     public string luaCode;
    5.     public void PickUpItem() {
    6.         Lua.Run(luaCode);
    7.     }
    9. }

15. Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Are you a Wizard? lol

I love it. Thanks

Cant wait to try this out on Monday

16. Location
    Maryland, USA
    Great! Let me know if you have any questions. I'm always happy to help!

17. Location
    Maryland, USA
    I just posted an integration package for the Realistic FPS Prefab to the customer download section of our website. (The prerequisites are the Dialogue System and Azuline Studios' Realistic FPS Prefab.)

If you've purchased the Dialogue System for Unity and would like access to the download section or the promotional 10% discount code we've arranged with Urban Brain Studios (the makers of Chat Mapper), please contact me with your invoice number!

18. Posts
    1. Is Daikon Forge GUI supported? It's much faster and easier then NGUI
    2. About save game functionality, if I have Dialogue System do I still need tools such as "Easy Save 2"?
    3. Does Chat Mapper need its own license?
    4. What about localisation options?

19. Location
    Germany
    I know chat mapper needs its own license. Its worth it tho..imho best tool for composing multiple choice dialogues out there. The best is, you can TEST the dialogues directly in chat mapper until they do what you want. When you dont go for multiple choice stuff you dont need chat mapper I think.

20. Posts
    Hallo! Interesting looking package!

Do you guys support or look to support Articy Draft .xml export in the future?

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast