Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Free Live Online Training from Unity Technologies

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by Adam-Buckner, Oct 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

Unity Technologies presents free live online training.

There are some great advantages of this new set up:

• No preregistration is required. Simply turn up and participate.
    • No class size limits. We can broadcast to everyone who wants to participate.
    • No time zone confusion. Each class has it's own countdown timer based on UTC.
    • Calendar Events. Buttons will save a session to your calendar using google calendar or ical events.
    • Archived Class Sessions. If there is a class you couldn't participate in live, you can review it from the archive.

The live page will show the next class in the header and a list of all upcoming classes in the main body of the page. Simply follow the link for details about that class.

The live page will show the next class in the header and a list of all upcoming classes in the main body of the page.

These are live classes and we expect and encourage our participants to interact and ask questions of presenter just like any live class.

These classes will be recorded and are saved in the archive tab. If there is a class you couldn't participate in live, you can review it from the archive.

For a full listing of our current classes please visit the Live Training Page for more information.

"Save the date" with a google calendar or ical event and: See you in class!

2. ijeomamanda

ijeomamanda

how do you start

3. Nezabyte

Nezabyte

Awesome! thanks for this

4. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

You simply need to go to the class page while the class is running, sit back, relax and learn.

It is probably a good idea to arrive at the page early enough to get settled and sign into the chat roll so you can ask questions and comment on the content. Don't forget that this is a live class and you should feel free to participate if you want to by using the chat roll interface.

See you in class!

MHUnity and John3D like this.
  5. NutellaDaddy

NutellaDaddy

I've loved it. Have been following them for a while now. Most are a great review ,but I learn at least one new thing in each video.

6. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

NutellaDaddy! Thanks for the feedback. We are trying to get as many fun, but educational, sessions up as possible.

7. Torben23

Torben23

I found the 2D Character Controller Session by search couple of days ago and loved it. Have 4 handwritten Pages of notes. Really Awesome!

Now I found this.. What the heck... Over 20 Sessions already? Insane. That is exceeding any expectations I had in terms of learning material for Unity.
    This will get me going in no time!

Thank you Unity Team for making this possible!

8. Soumikbhat

Soumikbhat

If the previous class-sessions can be made available somehow it would help a lot...Missed them :(

And am a beginner as well, so little bit of guidance from the admins would've helped a lot

9. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

10. Unity_Student

Unity_Student

Thank you a lot! This what differentiate unity than other! You care about us! Giving us free live classes wow!

All i want to say is thank you a lot! Though some classes I won't be attending because of timing :(

Anyway thanks a lot again :D

11. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

Thanks! I'm glad you like it and find it useful.

Let us know what times (and what time zone - GMT/UTC is best) that you can take a class for an hour or so.

We'll see if we can fit a class in that time.

12. Unity_Student

Unity_Student

Can you please upload your latest live training! i missed it due to timing and i want to really watch it :D thanks!

13. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

Yes, I will asap. There is a technical glitch with the audio recording that I need to fix before I upload it.

14. shevill88

shevill88

:D Will definitely check this out.

15. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

The episode is up. We'll do Part 2 tonight.

I tried my best to remove the audio issues, but it still feels like there is a bowl of rice crispies under the mic. My apologies!

16. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

If there are any topics or subjects you want covered, please let us know!

17. mgear

mgear

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  18. NelsonPRSousa

NelsonPRSousa

What about server side programming? There's not a lot of info about it...

19. DalerHakimov

DalerHakimov

Hey Adam,
    Thanks for doing great videos, just a question. In 2d Catch Game Training Lesson(Pt1), you have mentioned that all assets will be uploaded to the asset store and the videos to Live training archive, but unfortunately the assets is not in the asset store. Do we need to look for some assetes ourself?

20. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

We are preparing the assets for the Asset Store as we speak. There has been, if not a change of plan, an addition to the plan, where we will package up a number of 2D assets, including the ones from Hat Trick, the Fun Catch Game! - and coordinating this has taken more time than expected.

The availability is "imminent", so just a little more patience!

I'll post here when they are ready.

21. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

DalerHakimov: New Plan! We are making a "2D Pack, which will include more than just the material from Catch Game, which is why it was delayed. Expect to see these assets imminently. I've signed off on the Catch Game part, so they just need to be wrapped up and shipped off!

DalerHakimov likes this.
  22. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

23. DalerHakimov

DalerHakimov

Dear @Adam Buckner,

Any results about that assets. I really do want to finish that Catch Game.. Sorry for being too intrusive. )

24. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

Hot off the production line:
    http://u3d.as/content/unity-technologies/unity-samples-2d-pack/

We will be updating this package as we add more 2D content to our leaning channels.

I may update the content from time to time to keep in synch with what we are doing live. For example, I need to adjust some of the scripts in this package to come in line with the details on Part 3 of Catch Game, but I didn't want to hold up the release of the package for it.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
    DalerHakimov likes this.
  25. JohnPet

JohnPet

Hey Unity Tech, we are really looking forward to your parkour tutorial project :).. Hope it arrives with Unity 5..

26. Mordekai

Mordekai

The video tutorial Character to Player: Bringing your character to life in Unity is not currently available. Will this be made available?

Thanks.
    M.

27. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

28. Ankit-Priyarup

Ankit-Priyarup

When the angry birds style training module will come to archive

29. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

Soon! There are some technical issues I want to fix, and last week the entire EMEA crew were in Denmark for a Unity event. I'll be prepping for Monday's class, and then fixing this on (Tuesday)? Here's hoping!

30. Ankit-Priyarup

Ankit-Priyarup

31. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

You can also get it in higher resolution here on our YouTube channel:

32. Ankit-Priyarup

Ankit-Priyarup

Unfortunately I am more interested in making angry birds like game module which you made around 2 weeks earlier

33. SinovenatoR

SinovenatoR

Making Angry Birds style game part 1 is grayed out in archive, how to access it ?

34. Mordekai

Mordekai

So far it looks like the first part is only available here (for the moment):
    http://www.twitch.tv/unitytech/b/538151142

M.

35. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

When items are greyed out in the archives, it means that I have not linked the Unity page to the original video. Currently I'm having a technical issue with that session.

36. SinovenatoR

SinovenatoR

Okey, I am waiting until you solve that technical issue, good luck!

37. frozenlogic

frozenlogic

Hi Adam, looking forward to check the source code of Introduction to Scriptable Objects tutorial. When it will be available?

38. Ankit-Priyarup

Ankit-Priyarup

39. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

Oh bother! You are correct... I'll look into this.

40. Turbo420

Turbo420

41. Luftbauch

Luftbauch

I really like unity if i open it up, i did one of the tutorials there (space shooter) and it was easy like ages ago with gamemaker 3d. It feels like a living 3d editor and i had none frustrating moments till now with that piece of software, but it takes so much time to learn.
    I start to learn it now, because its hard to find someone who you can trust (for me). But Unity is for me a great package, many tutorials, massive importoptions. There is real harmony with Blender.
    If you get something done to launch the 75Bucks for full copy are fair too.
    Is there any book out, to teach me the basics? I want to make simple games.
    I would let me coach or take some lessions, but i am a poor guy with kids that eat my hair, i can pay only small fee, but i never forget anyone who helped me out, when things go lucky.
    I can only html ^^.
    Greetings Stefan
    @Adam ty for your nice work.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  42. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

Thanks. I had some technical issues with that one, and sadly it's a lower resolution than I'd like... But it's there! Luckily most of the session is coding.

Turbo420 likes this.
  43. Turbo420

Turbo420

thanks Adam. i guess we will see you in about two hour for the next live show.;)

44. SinovenatoR

SinovenatoR

When will live training start ? It says "We're offline. But we will be back"

45. Turbo420

Turbo420

it starts in 45 mins ;)

46. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

Don't forget UTC (GMT) does not account for political changes in time like Summer Time or Daylight Savings Time!

Turbo420 likes this.
  47. SinovenatoR

SinovenatoR

Okey, thanks guys :)

48. gamezuv

gamezuv

how do i make this into a 3d drag projectile ?? Making a full 3d ...so all the z axis that u gave zero should be replaced with transform. Position. Z ? Right ? And use a perspective cam and 3d models and physics ?

49. gamezuv

gamezuv

Live Training 13th June 2014 - Making an "Angry Birds" style game

Making a full 3d ...so all the z axis that u gave zero should be replaced with transform. Position. Z ? Right ? And use a perspective cam and 3d models and physics ?

50. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

Can you tell me more? I'm unclear if you are trying to make a 2.5D game (a planar game on the x-y plane but using 3D objects), or if you want to be able to make a catapult that works in a full 3D game, where the player has control over all 3 directions in 3D.

Can you tell me more about how you see your final game working?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.