Search Unity

Slow review process...

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by DanMan, Oct 2, 2013.

1. DanMan

DanMan

Hi everybody,

I've submitted my first asset (scripting package) to the store on September 19th and I'm still waiting for it to be reviewed ('Pending Review' status)!
    What's even more worrying, they didn't responded to any of two e-mails I've sent them... :(
    Anybody else got similar problems lately?

Question to AssetStore publishers: how long you usually have to wait for your new asset's review?

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  2. Deleted User

Deleted User

I submitted a package for review on September 15th and got a response on the 19th. However, subsequent emails I have sent them have gone unanswered so far.

I even have an automated response email that assures me that a representative will be in touch within 48 hours, dated 8 days ago...

I guess there's nothing for it but to be patient.

3. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

Yep. I published a version 1.1.0 update for my asset last week and still pending review. It's a critical update and I have another functional update to post as soon as it's approved so I hope it gets done soon.

4. Sajid_farooq

Sajid_farooq

Usually an update can take from 3-8 (working) days. Anything longer, and you should start contacting the guys at the Asset Store. Many of the Asset Store people visit these forums, so just PM one of them (probably Catylin).

5. Crazy Robot

Crazy Robot

LOL... I don't have any assets on the store, and I don't plan on it any time soon, so I don't have a dog in this fight, but I just have to say. As a customer, I've tried to contact this "Catylin" you speak of a number of times with Asset Store issues. I don't think this person exists. I wonder if anyone has ever actually seen this person. They don't do any work... I mean, this person has NEVER emailed me or anyone I know. I think the email you send to that address just goes off to the NSA for safe keeping and tracking.

I'm just sayin...

6. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

In fairness I've emailed support before and I got a reply within 24 hours. I hate to bug them because I know they're busy, but when they're taking a 30% cut, it would be nice if Unity increased the number of reviewers and got things moved through a little more quickly, especially if it's an Update as they often contain bug fixes.

7. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

She posts on the forums and does lots of work. Her staff is unfeasibly small, which explains the delays, although that does remind me of the time when Apple's app reviewing staff suddenly improved markedly, apparently as the result of (as I vaguely remember) a guy with some kind of military background being put in charge who whipped them into shape. So if Caitlyn returns from boot camp with a buzz cut and starts shouting at everyone to do pushups, you'll know what's going on.

--Eric

8. jerotas

jerotas

she exists...and used to answer emails a lot more often than nowadays. Most of the emails I sent do not ever get answered unless I follow up on them a week later. I hope that changes, but I know they are very busy. Definitely if you have a review waiting for over a week send them an email.