Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Mecanim Humanoid Animation Kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Jax_Cavalera, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Jax_Cavalera

Jax_Cavalera

$Cover Image 3.jpg

Due to current workloads and sudden life changes, I will need to place support for the kit on hold or at least establish it as a lower priority than other commitments. Thank you for all of your support and I will do my best to assist where possible.

Introduction :

This kit will allow you to quickly produce customized and unique animations that are fully compatible with the Mecanim system inside of the free to use application (Blender).

What's Included :
    - Animation Creation Kit Blender File

- Access to the Youtube Video Guide

- Mecanim Compatible Low Poly Game Character (great for testing out game prototypes using your newly created animation sequences).

- FK and IK Template Rig to use for your own game characters. (This can save you hours of preparation time and the FK Rig is compatible with Mecanim out of the box).

- Walk, Idle, Run and Strafe Animations for study modification and use inside of your next Unity Mecanim project.

[video=youtube_share;C6ivG0z7m5o]

Advantages :
    The key advantage that this kit provides is the ability to create all of your animations using an IK Rigged character and then convert the keyframes from this rig over to an FK Rigged version with minimal effort. This makes the speed of creating animation sequences significantly faster than traditional FK Animation.

The documentation provides a clear workflow with a solid foundation of detail spent on each step of the process.

It is compatible with all builds of Unity that feature the Mecanim system and can even be used to create Legacy Animations as well for older versions of Unity.

The Kit is now available from Sellbox : http://sbx.sk/Ak23

Instructions :

When you install the Unity Package, you will need to go into the Materials folder for the asset and click on both of the Materials - then under the Inspector Panel you will need to choose the Bumped Diffuse Shader for both.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  2. dibdab

dibdab

this could be useful. are the keyframes optimized? there's no megabytes of animation data, right?

3. BuildABurgerBurg

BuildABurgerBurg

what about fingers?

can you animate them?

4. Jax_Cavalera

Jax_Cavalera

As the animations are being created inside of Blender, using the kit all produced Action Sequences use minimal keyframes to achieve smooth results. The animations in test sequences I have done (walking, jumping, idle, crouching) usually required the same number of keyframes as needed for normal IK Animations due to the process the kit uses to translate between IK and FK.

There are special cases where you may find a particular action is not translating properly and an intermediate keyframe can help to resolve this type of issue. Generally speaking this is still a much smaller file size than typical mocap stuff since you are using keyframes as keyframes and not introducing one for every single keyframe of your animation sequence.

I hope this answers your question.

I'm currently experiencing complications due to Unity not accepting *.Blend files in Unity Assets so I may end up having to use Sellbox (pretty much the same concept) though I'll have to research exactly how Sellbox works to ensure that it can perform as needed for myself and for those that wish to use this kit.

I have contacted Unity Support and will update the Opening Post as necessary as soon as I have a result.

EDIT :

Yes fingers are all able to be animated

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  5. Jax_Cavalera

Jax_Cavalera

Just a quick update to advise that the Kit is now available from Sellbox. The link to the product can be located at the bottom of the opening post.

6. Jax_Cavalera

Jax_Cavalera

If you are purchasing via the Sellbox link, make sure that you don't forget to include the Promotion Code : FIRST2WEEKS

Entering this code will give you a 50% discount on the regular price. This code will only be valid until the 17th October 2013.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  7. sicga123

sicga123

@Jax_Cavalera - just bought this now, looks like a great tool. FYI - when submitting to the asset store files like .Blend you need to put them in a zip file and they should be easily uploaded then. That info is in all the notes on submitting to the asset store so I'm not 100% certain this is what you meant, still I thought I would point it out just in case that is the answer.

8. Jax_Cavalera

Jax_Cavalera

Hi Thank you for your support and for that information. The Zip file approach was unsuccessful due to Unity removing all Zip files from the submitted package so I have been requested by support to host the Blend file externally and provide instructions in the documentation on how to download it, which I have now done.

Hopefully the revised version should show up in the Asset Store soon.

Once it is in the store, I will be able to re-update with the source Kit file inside a zip as you advised and this should then work.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  9. Jax_Cavalera

Jax_Cavalera

Just a quick update to inform those that have already purchased the Kit.

We now have an official MHAK (Mechanim Humanoid Animation Kit) Forum.

Please find the new forum at the link below :

http://cxstudios.net/forum/index.php?board=2.0

As the Kit evolves and develops, this will be the best place to find new information, discuss all things MHAK related and obtain extended support using the kit as well as submitting bug reports etc.

10. Wolfie980

Wolfie980

I have just bought this now This is one of THE BEST Animation Kits I Have Use In My Game Making Life

THX YOU FOR MAKING THIS KIT :D

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  11. Jax_Cavalera

Jax_Cavalera

I'm glad you are enjoying it, thank you for your support. Feel free to register on the Official Forum : http://cxstudios.net/forum/index.php?board=2.0

As the product develops this will be the place to watch for updates and extra information.

12. Wolfie980

Wolfie980

I Have Now Register on Your Forum

I Hope To See A Lots More

:mrgreen:

13. Jax_Cavalera

Jax_Cavalera

Great, I'm working on an update for the kit at the moment so when that is ready, I will create a post here and on the official product forums.

14. Korindian

Korindian

Just purchased through sellbox to take advantage of your promotion, although I won't be using it for some time. Will definitely provide feedback when I do.

It has just played a major part in helping me to decide to use Blender rather than buying one of the more expensive modeling programs, so thank you for making this available!

15. Jax_Cavalera

Jax_Cavalera

Hi, thank you for your support and I'm glad it has been able to help with such a decision. Blender does have a lot of great tools available and with this kit you will find the creation of original animations a lot easier than it can be if you are doing it all from the ground up.

I look forward to your feedback and am about 1 or 2 days away from having the first update released. I will establish a system for distribution of updates so those who have purchased a copy, please keep an eye out in your email inbox that you used to purchase for instructions on how to obtain such updates.

16. Jax_Cavalera

Jax_Cavalera

Quick Update :

Version 1.0a is now available from Sellbox. If you have already purchased a copy of the Kit, you should have received an email with instructions on how to obtain future updates. If you have not received this email, please check the junk mail and inbox of the account you provided at the time of purchase.

Update Features
    - The update features a detailed video guide covering FBX Exporting of created animation sequences.

- Walk Forwards, Backwards, Strafe and Run animations.

n.b. The 50% discount promotion code period will come to a close in 7 hours time.

17. Korindian

Korindian

Thanks, got the update without any problems.

18. Jax_Cavalera

Jax_Cavalera

Great, I'm glad the system is working, I hope you enjoy the updated version.

19. Wolfie980

Wolfie980

love this

20. phronexia

phronexia

I just bougth your kit... and I'm a bit despite...

The first problem is I cannot have a correct rendering of material in Blender (the model is partially covered by the texture with big black zones).

The second one (and probably related) is the atomated address provided to find the textures wich is "//..\..\..\Dissident\Assets\Resources\Game Characters\Materials\Default_Player_Player_Default_UV_color.png". My project is currently called "Animations" so the address should be //..\..\..\Animations\Assets\Resources\Game Characters\Materials\Default_Player_Player_Default_UV_color.png. When I reset to the correct address the texture mapping go weird (see picture attached)... What can I do ?

$BlenderCapture.PNG

I set Bumped Diffuse as shader for the 3 materials ("Default_Player_Default_UV_nmap", "No Name", and "unamed". Tru to remove etc... same result

Hope some help...

EDIT : I'm using Mecanim Humanoid Animation Kit v1.1a,with Unity 4.3.4 on Windows8

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  21. Jax_Cavalera

Jax_Cavalera

Hi,
    I'll contact you via private message so we can sort this out then once we have a working solution I will post this in here and update the documentation to reflect. Please allow private messaging so I may contact you to achieve a positive result.

EDIT
    I am still not able to send you private messages so I will do my best to resolve the problem here.

I have recreated the situation as per described and am not able to achieve the same bug. I have a suspicion that the problem is a result of incorrect settings or modified mesh normals.

Please find below a clip that identifies the correct settings for the bump / normal map texture.

If you can confirm that these settings are identical for your textures being used that will help to narrow down the cause of the problem.

The other thing that may be happening is that Unity has a tendency to not register the texture mapping method correctly at times though if this is setup correctly inside of blender and the file re-saved it should resolve the issue once Unity re-updates the source files and folders automatically.

So I think the best approach will be to ensure that we can get the textures to assign and map correctly inside of Blender firstly as this should enable a smooth transition over to Unity.

Thanks,
    Jax

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  22. Jax_Cavalera

Jax_Cavalera

Due to current workloads and sudden life changes, I will need to place support for the kit on hold or at least establish it as a lower priority than other commitments. Thank you for all of your support and I will do my best to assist where possible.