Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Easy Leap Motion Gestures and Starter Kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by CarlosFM, Oct 1, 2013.

1. CarlosFM

CarlosFM

Hi guys,

$icon.png

As always, it is a pleasure for me to announce that my latest package has been approved and it is available on the Asset Store:

Easy Leap Motion Gestures and Starter Kit

ELMG is a plugin that process the input received from the device and lets you detect a collection of gestures far beyond the predefined ones. It is as easy as start listening for gestures, and then the plugin will send you notifications whenever they happen, together with some data to make them more useful (things like position, state, and so on).

Gestures supported:

- Circle
    - Swipe
    - Keytap
    - Screentap
    - Double and tripe screen and keytap
    - Double in and out swipe
    - Push
    - Pull
    - Numbers (with one or two hands)
    - Close and open fist
    - Clap
    - Steering wheel (beta)

The pack comes also with a Starter Kit demo in which you can control a sphere with your hands, pushing things around as you move, rotate and scale it!

And of course, if you have that killer gesture that I haven't included yet but you would die to use, please let me know and we'll do everything possible to import it.

$Mini banner.png

Enjoy!

PS: As per the request for some sort of documentation, I've attached the PDF that comes with the pack for people to better understand how the plugin works. I also included a video showcasing the general usage of the plugin :)

View attachment $ELMG guide v1.0.pdf

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
    FaberVi likes this.
  2. sjm-tech

sjm-tech

Compliments! seem very interesting!
    Would be very nice to see a video that shows some aspect (in action) of your implementation.
    Max

3. Jum

Jum

Sounds good, but i wish there would be a video in action. I think the price is a little expensive. 15- or 20 would be fine.

4. CarlosFM

CarlosFM

Hi,

Thanks for the comments. I'll look into creating a video demonstrating the capabilities of the plugin. In the meantime I've attached the PDF guide that comes with the package so you guys can have more information about the plugin, what it does and how it delivers :)

5. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

Sounds good! But I would like to see some videos demonstration (Youtube prefered!) and how easy it is to integrate into Unity.

6. CarlosFM

CarlosFM

Hi all,

I just included a video showcasing the demo scene and how the plugin works. I hope you enjoy it!

Let me know what you think

7. FuelFX

FuelFX

Good morning,

I just purchased the product based on the video demo. Looks like an excellent tool that will see a lot of use.
    I downloaded and imported the package into an empty project/scene and upon trying to run one of th scenes IO receive the following errors:

"DllNotFoundException: LeapCSharp
    Leap.LeapPINVOKE+SWIGExceptionHelper..cctor ()
    Rethrow as TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for SWIGExceptionHelper
    Leap.LeapPINVOKE..cctor ()
    Rethrow as TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for Leap.LeapPINVOKE
    Leap.Controller..ctor ()
    FollowHand.Start () (at Assets/Plugins/ELMG/Scripts/FollowHand.cs:11)"

and

"NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    FollowHand.Update () (at Assets/Plugins/ELMG/Scripts/FollowHand.cs:16)"

Any thoughts?

8. CarlosFM

CarlosFM

Hi,

Please note that as indicated in the guide you need to install and import the leap motion libraries (not included within the package) in order to use the plugin.

Cheers.

9. FuelFX

FuelFX

Thank you SO much for your prompt response. That is genuinely appreciated.

10. TNTantoine

TNTantoine

Hey Carlos !

Your package sound like it would be very, very helpful for one of my projects, but I have a small question after reading your guide :
    Is there any way to differentiate a swipe to the left and a swipe to the right ?

Thanks in advance ! :)

TNTantoine

11. CarlosFM

CarlosFM

Since swipe is one of the default gestures, it comes with all the info they pack for us, which means no differentiation.

However, a way you can actually check if it's a left to right swipe or vice versa would be by checking the hands direction when you receive the Gesture in onGestureRecognised

Code (csharp):
    1. void onGestureRecognised(EasyLeapGesture gesture) {
    2.     print ("Gesture! " + gesture.Type + " " + gesture.Id + " " + gesture.State +" " + gesture.Duration + " " + gesture.Position);
    3.     Leap.Vector direction = gesture.Frame.Hands[0].Direction;
    4. }
    By checking the X property of direction you can see whether the hand was moving right or left (or you should at least!). I'll consider adding this to the kit.

Cheers

12. TNTantoine

TNTantoine

Sounds like it could work !

Thanks for your fast answer, your package will help a lot. :)

TNTantoine

13. JanusMirith

JanusMirith

Hi,
    Our project is currently using the prefabs from the leap motion demo pack, will your asset conflict with these or will they be able to run concurrently?

14. CarlosFM

CarlosFM

Hi JanusMirith,

Terribly late response, but here it goes anyways!

The asset should not conflict with with any of the prefabs from the demo pack, it's a standalone script that allows you to recognise more gestures.

15. MaxvH

MaxvH

Hi,
    I am very impressed with your package but notice it is lacking push/pull functionality on the Z axis (towards and away from the screen). Is this something you might be able to add in the future? It is quintessential for the progression of the project I am working on for a local museum and of course being uncomfortable with the Leap API I would rather buy the asset pre-made with this functionality from you than hardcode it by hand. This would be useful for many things, including in my case implementing push-towards-screen-to-zoom functionality like in the free included anatomy/science 3D app included with the Leap Controller.
    Thank you for your consideration,
    Max

16. MaxvH

MaxvH

17. CarlosFM

CarlosFM

@MaxvH: That is actually something we may considering add in the next iteration. Unfortunately we do not have a release date yet for it, but shouldn't be too long.

18. jorone_h

jorone_h

Hi~
    I has the same error~~
    :(What is the " leap motion libraries "?Could you get me a link? I use Unity 3d 5.1.2f 64bits~~think you so much!!!:D

19. alfredzhao

alfredzhao

Hi,
    I plan to buy your leapmotion gesture and starter kit, before buying, there are still some questions:
    1) does this latest version compitable with leapmotion's newest SDK?
    2) does this latest version support zoom in/out, if yes, how to operate?

20. CarlosFM

CarlosFM

Hi alfredzhao,

Unfortunately the plugin is quite outdated as it stands and may need some redoing when used with the latest Leap Motion SDK. We have an upgrade in the pipeline but do not have a release date quite yet.

In any case, the plugin does give you a way of detecting gestures such as pinch or clap that then you can read and do whatever operation you need. In the case of zooming in and out, you can detect pinch gestures and then perhaps move the camera or alter its field of view easily.

21. linfengr2

linfengr2

Hi Carlos
    This kit is very helpful of my work, but it doesn't work when i buy it. Need you help! thanks!

22. prisillaade

prisillaade

is it still available in assets store now? I really need this assets.
    thank you

23. drewkelly1995

drewkelly1995

Hi Carlos !

Am I able to buy this still, I'm having trouble locating the download page etc.