Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Reign Unity Plugins (Win8/WP8, BB10, iOS, Android, ect...)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by zezba9000, Oct 1, 2013.

1. zezba9000

zezba9000

Ultimate Unified API
    http://u3d.as/content/reign-studios/ultimate-unified-api/5MM

• You save 28% on the Ultimate bundle vs buying each platform API individually!
    • Buy from the Unity Store
    • Or buy from Sellfy
    • Looking for a discount? Email "support@reign-studios.com"

Full Source Code Included (+GitHub access)!
    More GitHub access info here: Reign Forum Post
    No long waits for upcoming versions with the built in updater.

The Reign Ultimate Unified API is a cross-platform, unified API for the Unity game engine. The plugin supports a number of useful features.

Features:

• Editor testing.

• Win8 Privacy Policy (To pass WACK).

• Ads: Microsoft, AdDuplex, AdMob, MM, iAd, ect.

• Interstitial Ads: AdMob, AdDuplex.

• IAP: MS-Store, BB10, Apple, GooglePlay, Amazon and Samsung.

• Native Ok/Cancel Message Boxes.

• Email feedback request.

• Invoke store page for review.

• Save/Load/Delete data files.

• Save/Load Image files to your pictures folder.

• Save SnapShot to Pictures in one easy call.

• Native Image/Photo Picker.

• Native Camera Picker.

• Save File Picker (Win8 only).

• GameCenter Leaderboards / Achievements

• GooglePlay Leaderboards / Achievements

• GameCircle Leaderboards / Achievements

• Reign-Scores Leaderboards / Achievements (Coming Soon!)

• Silverlight ImageTools ported for image processing.

• SharpZipLib ported to be compatible with all platforms.

• Check out our website for latest features.

Be Productive
    We aim to bring a platform-agnostic approach to the API design. You only need to write code once without the need for so many compiler directives, which makes bringing your game to new platforms a snap!

More Info
    Visit the http://www.reign-studios.net/ Website for documentation and important information.
    Please ask question on the http://reign-studios.net/forums/ Reign Forums or email support at: support@reign-studios.com

Keywords: Win8 Win8.1 Windows8 Windows8.1 Metro Windows Phone 8 WP8 Tablet Microsoft Advertising pubCenter AdMob Amazon Mobile Kindle Google GooglePlay Play Android Ad Ads advertisement advertisements advertising iAd Apple iOS iPhone iPad BB10 BlackBerry BlackBerry10 QNX RIM BBOS store products purchase purchases GameCenter Game Center GameCircle Game Circle Reign Scores Samsung

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
  2. zezba9000

zezba9000

Just added Amazon Ads support for Android.

3. zezba9000

zezba9000

BlackBerry 10 Plugin released! Woot!

NOTE: This supports Native BB10 Ads and is the only plugin that does as far as I know.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  4. zezba9000

zezba9000

For Leaderboards and Achievements I will use the native API for each platform:

iOS - GameCenter

Android - GooglePlay and Amazon

BB10 - Scoreloop

Win8/WP8 - Scoreoid (Because Xbox Live features are almost impossible to get access to I will use Scoreoid, unless someone has another suggestion? This is the reason i'm making this post.)

5. zezba9000

zezba9000

Unity 4.3.4 support added.

6. zezba9000

zezba9000

Added AdMob support for WP8, iOS and Android.

7. tonycoculuzzi

tonycoculuzzi

I've began integrating the entire mobile support package into my application and I have a few questions.

When using AdMob on iOS, do I change the iOS_AdAPI to AdAPIs.AdMob?

8. zezba9000

zezba9000

Yes you must set the Ad-API to the one you want for each platform. So iOS can either support iAds or AdMob.

9. SkaiCloud

SkaiCloud

I purchase the full Mobile. I set the ads.visible = false but it still shows the banner. Am I doing something wrong? I set the visible flag to false inside the AdDesc delagate. Then I use ads.visible to either true or false whenever I need the banner to show. But in this case I can see the ads hide for a brief second then it remain on screen.

10. zezba9000

zezba9000

What platform is this not working on?
    Did you pull updates via the file menu "Edit->Reign->Check for Updates?"

11. SkaiCloud

SkaiCloud

Yes, I download the latest Edit > Reign > Bleeding Edge Unity Package > Download Mobile Package. I'm currently developing for Android and set platform to Android. I have to resort to using Admanager.Dispose to hide and Admanager.Create to show. Doing so causes the ad to remain permanantly onscreen if the player tap the correct UI button. But it did control the ads the way I wanted though.

12. zezba9000

zezba9000

Which Ad framework are you using, AdMob or Amazon Ads? Let me know and I will see if can reproduce.

Make sure your "ad" object reference is static or its reference doesn't get lost.
    Also make sure you don't have a duplicate "Reign.dll" that lives in "Plugins/Reign/Reign.dll". You want ONLY the "Plugins/Reign.dll" one. (Just checking as this changed in the Unity4.3.4 update).

13. SkaiCloud

SkaiCloud

I found it Thank you so much for the quick response. My HideAds delegate is trying to hide a AdDesc that hasn't created yet. I'll just have to check to be sure the ads is created first before I attempting to hide it. Which explain why that brief hide of the ads work but then it breaks and just kept it on screen afterward. Maybe add an exception to the AdDesc to check if it exist first as a noob proof such as myself might do.

14. zezba9000

zezba9000

Glad it works, and good suggestion, I plan on adding in better error handling in general.

15. SkaiCloud

SkaiCloud

Hi, I'm back I'm sorry. I tried to build for IOS today and I got this error.

info: Unity v4.3.4f1 , IOS Basic License, Reign Check Plugin (Up to date)

What I did so far
    -Switch from Android build to IOS build. Android build work perfectly.
    -Reign Mobile Package but also download and update IOS individually.
    -Reign Set platform to IOS
    -Build to IOS

firstError:
    Cross compilation job Reign.Android.dll failed.
    UnityEngine.UnityException: Failed AOT cross compiler: /Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/BuildTargetTools/iPhonePlayer/mono-xcompiler --aot=full,asmonly,nodebug,static,outfile="Reign.Android.dll.s" "Reign.Android.dll" current dir : /Users/kprel/Desktop/TLoP/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed
    result file exists: False
    stdout:
    stderr:

secondError:
    Error building Player: UnityException: Cross compilation failed.

16. zezba9000

zezba9000

Hi SkaiClound,
    This means somehow you still have the "Reign.Android.dll" active. It should set to "Reign.Android.dllx" so Unity will ignore it.
    Can you try to do "Edit->Reign->SetPlatform->Revert", does it give any errors?

To fix:
    Manually change back all Reign ".dllx" files back to ".dll" and run "Edit->Reign->SetPlatform->iOS" again?
    ALSO, make sure to change the .meta files if any from ".dllx" to ".dll"

If you are still having issues maybe you can send or PM me a screenshot of what your Reign-Plugin folder looks like?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  17. SkaiCloud

SkaiCloud

Thank You for the awesome quick reply. I did a revert and it give me this error. I set platform to IOS again and it gave me the same error.

Error:
    IOException: Win32 IO returned ERROR_ALREADY_EXISTS. Path:
    System.IO.File.Move (System.String sourceFileName, System.String destFileName) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/monoAndRuntimeClassLibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/File.cs:337)
    Reign.EditorTools.BuildMenu.setDll (Boolean enable, System.String dllName) (at Assets/Editor/Reign/BuildMenu.cs:375)
    Reign.EditorTools.BuildMenu.setIOS (Boolean enable) (at Assets/Editor/Reign/BuildMenu.cs:335)
    Reign.EditorTools.BuildMenu.SetPlatformRevert () (at Assets/Editor/Reign/BuildMenu.cs:152)

18. zezba9000

zezba9000

Ok, so it looks like you have some "dllx" files and installed the ReignPlugin again i'm guessing? Thus it added back the "dll" files and it causing issues. Now you have duplicate Reign dlls.
    I would delete any "dllx" duplicates, or just delete all Reign dll stuff and re-install the plugin. Either way you must get rid of the duplicate reign files.

I will add something into the plugin for "set platform" that will auto delete junk that accidentally gets added so you don't run into this again.

19. SkaiCloud

SkaiCloud

Ok, Ill try to remove everything and redownload the mobile package. In the meantime I gave you and awesome review in the asset store and I appreciate the quick response.

20. zezba9000

zezba9000

Tnx! I appreciate it :)

21. SkaiCloud

SkaiCloud

Yup that did it! Thank you for the support. I hope you sell a million of these. Unity3d why haven't you guys feature this asset? I practically have to dig deep in the asset store to find this gem! You guys are practically giving away ALL the mobile licenses for free why not feature a package that serves ALL your monetize needs that support ALL your platform?

22. totsboy

totsboy

Hello!
    Your plugin looks really good, seems to be exactly what I'm looking for!
    I have one question though, will I be able to use other ad platforms alongside yours? Like chartboost, for example.
    Thanks!

23. zezba9000

zezba9000

I have not tested along side the Chartboost Unity plugin on Android, so can't say for sure. But on iOS you are never going to have problems.
    I'm adding in Interstitial Ads support and will be looking into either directly adding Chartboost/PlayHaven into the plugin or changing the Android plugin so it doesn't have to override the main Unity Activity.

So thats the thing to keep in mind, right now the ReignPlugin overrides the Unity activity on Android which may help answer your question.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  24. totsboy

totsboy

Sounds good enough for me, I'll give it a try :)

25. zezba9000

zezba9000

Just pushed out an update to the plugin. (NOTE: You may need to download bleeding edge packages to get the new demo scenes. Iv'e updated the updater tool itself, so after you update next time you should never have to use package updates again. I also made the set-platform tool auto clean up junk if you accidentally messed up an update.)

Added AdMob Interstitial Ads to (WP8, iOS and Android).
    Added Ok/Cancel MessageBoxes.
    Added way better demo scenes.
    Fixed bugs.
    Added some better error handling.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  26. SkaiCloud

SkaiCloud

Wooohoo thanks for the update!! I have been very careful in using Reign, looks like that's a thing in the past now :)

27. zezba9000

zezba9000

Had to just push out a updater tool fix. There is a permission issue on windows if it tries to update hidden .meta files.
    So you can download one of the unitypackages to fix the updater and pull from now on... blaa I hate those little things :)

Also added in BB10 unavailable-placement Ad support. So it should not just show a white box anymore.

Make sure to manually remove the old "ReignDemo.cs" file thats no longer valid!

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  28. SkaiCloud

SkaiCloud

Awesome glad you catch it before me. Was wondering if you can rename InAppPurchasManager to ReignInAppPurchaseManager on future updates because it was conflicting with an android native I'm using. I'm planning to use reign for wp8 bb and ios. It's not a big deal but I like to keep all my Reign in Reign place place :)

29. zezba9000

zezba9000

Why not just use the namespace instead? Reign.InAppPurchasManager? Thats what its for and is basically the same thing.

30. SkaiCloud

SkaiCloud

Oh because I'm using a native android plug in that had the exact same file name. I use reign for the other platform except for Android because reignnative and android native I use build duplicate jar files. When I switch to other platform I have to delete some InAppPurchasManager.cs from my native android pluggin and import reign to utilize inapp for other platforms. I hope that's not to confusing.

31. zezba9000

zezba9000

I don't understand. The .cs file is in a totally different directory and namespace under the Reign folder. You can use namespaces to get rid of conflicts. You can also you compiler directives to get rid of conflicts. There is no reason you need to delete and files. Or I am not understanding the issue.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  32. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Hi, I just bought the Win8 plugin. Just wondering if there are any tutorial videos or anything to explain how to use it? If not, it would be great as I find it easier to learn from a brief video as opposed to just reading a documentation.

33. zezba9000

zezba9000

There are no videos right now. But there are demo ".cs" files and Scenes for each major feature. Just look under "Assets/Scenes/Reign/...".
    If you have not yet updated the plugin I would do so first under the file menu "Edit->Reign->Bleeding edge packages".

34. zezba9000

zezba9000

Just pushed out a critical update that fixes some bugs in AdMob for Android. Get it via the file menu "Edit->Reign->Check for updates".

35. totsboy

totsboy

Hello,
    I'm getting this error when trying to build for WP8:

I have already installed the patch from your website and made a clean build, but neither worked =(

36. zezba9000

zezba9000

This is because the "Reign.Android.dll" is not compatible with WP8 version of .NET.
    You must run "Edit->Reign->Set Platform->WP8"
    I have this listed in the general docs: http://www.reign-studios.net/docs/unity-plugin/

37. totsboy

totsboy

Totally on me, I did not see the general info page, thanks!

It's working fine on windows phone it seems, but on Android it's crashing my game constantly after ~ 1 minute, and I can't get any errors on log. Any idea what that might be? I'm using the AdsDemo script, and the ReignServices.cs is on the very first scene.

38. zezba9000

zezba9000

This was caused from a bug after updating to the GooglePlayServices version of AdMob. It should be fixed. Does it let you pull updates again if you do "Edit->Reign->Check for updates" ?

If it still crashes there must be something from your logcat about the Java exception?

39. zezba9000

zezba9000

40. uniphonic

uniphonic

Does this plugin use the "Main Activity" on Android? I ask, because I'm using some other Android native plugins that use the Main Activity, and so might conflict.

Thanks!

41. zezba9000

zezba9000

Yes it overrides the Main Activity right now. Because this is becoming such a big issue, i'll be looking to change this.

42. totsboy

totsboy

Still crashing after the update.
    Also tried to replace the .jar, still crashing, bud much faster now, sometimes it doesn't even show the ad (but the gui statussays the ad succeeded).

I'll check the log again when I get home later, but previously it wasn't showing anything at all.
    Also, the game does not crash if the wifi is disconnected, not sure if it helps.

43. uniphonic

uniphonic

I really like the concept of this plugin. Having all of the different platform API native calls abstracted to a single API sounds great!

I've got a few questions though:

1. Does the "Save/Load/Delete data files" work for MP3 files, so that I might load a user MP3 file into a Unity AudioSource ?

2. Is there plan to add any share functionality?

3. Is any of the source open, so that I might add/change/extend the API, to for instance, add another platform (such as Samsung IAP, etc.)?

Thanks!
    Jacob

44. zezba9000

zezba9000

Pushed up a fix to the reignnative.jar file again and its working on both my devices.
    Can you try to re-download and try again? https://www.dropbox.com/s/pjojzf7g2snz9av/reignnative.jar
    NOTE: sometimes when AdMob crashes on Android, you have to reset your device... not sure why as other Ad APIs never have this issue.

Because the AdMob GooglePlayServices SDK has a bug, iv'e had to make a work around for now and is whats been the root issue.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  45. zezba9000

zezba9000

The File Manager can save to your storage space on all devices, so if Unity3D can play an MP3 or any other file from that location then yes. So the answer should be yes as Unity can.

What kind and from what API or service?

None of the native code is open, such as the Java, ObjC or .NET 4.5.1 code. Only the code that interfaces with those APIs. I may consider being more open with the native code after looking at UE4 model, but not sure the best way to go about it yet.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  46. zezba9000

zezba9000

FYI update was just pushed to fix this.

47. totsboy

totsboy

Ok, will test asap!
    Should I just update the plugin or download the .jar?

48. zezba9000

zezba9000

Just update the plugin. Don't need the jar anymore.

49. uniphonic

uniphonic

Thanks for the responses!
    Another question: does this allow you to build a single Android apk, and deploy it to both Amazon and Google Play? Or do you have to compile a separate apk for each platform?

Thanks!

50. zezba9000

zezba9000

You have to build a different APK for GooglePlay and Amazon as both stores can be installed on a device, thus you need to set what one the app uses.

Its just a simple enum value in the plugin that gets set and your ready to go.