Search Unity

List of Non Game apps made using Unity

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by patrickcummins, Sep 26, 2013.

1. patrickcummins

patrickcummins

Hi all,

I am searching the web for a list of apps made in unity that were not games. I have found a weather app but I am just wondering does anyone know of anymore out there?

I am making a business app using Unity and am halfway through it but I need to find other apps to support my reason for picking unity over other alternatives.

Thanks in advance

2. Crazy Robot

Crazy Robot

We made a little app that gives tasks to do to be kind to others, things like mow an elderly persons lawn, volunteer at a soup kitchen, things like that. Not very successful at all, but it was fun to make.

http://www.crazyrobotgames.com/beekind.html

Yash987654321 likes this.
  3. Aurore

Aurore

Director of Real-Time Learning

4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

5. Gigiwoo

Gigiwoo

How about apps on Gratitude, Compliments, and Marriage? With 120,000+ users, my self-help apps have been #1 or #2 for their keywords for many moons (see my sig). iOS for now, until I finish my first Android port.

Gigi.

6. TheRaider

TheRaider

7. tomekkie2

tomekkie2

This is my webplayer project template where user can assign textures to multimesh GameObjects. The textures are assorted in form of palettes. Apart from the build-in texture sets, a user can also add/remove his own textures from local computer.
    Then he can make screenshots for that.

http://virtualplayground.d2.pl/Unity/stoiskaPakietowe/?sc=6x3s_0

8. lazygunn

lazygunn

I've made a graphics showcase installation demo thing with unity which was basically graphics for a ska night at a local bar/gallery and no gaming in sight, it proved really great for the task, as it was short notice and unity produced the goods, the programmer hadnt even used unity before and came away very enthused by it. We're looking at future projects and posibly a business in doing pretty kooky non standard vj/fx installations for venues now as we got a good buzz and a lot of connected people not just impressed but having never seen anything like it it at a rock gig before. With Unduino and web interfaces and all the other fancy things people have made with unity, its a very potent tool for very innovative media application, i wouldnt write software with it that didnt target its strengths as a game development software but that certainly doesnt mean its only good for games.

Unity's proven almost the only viable option now for this kind of work where you need to prototype, pitch, then make your 'media thingy' very quickly. Unity is great for 'media thingies', and with an open mind and a scoot round the asset store (and i suppose at least a peppering of art and technical verve) the possibilities for surprising whoever's enlisted you rapidly climb to a list of features you desperately want to implement for the gig, if only there were enough hours in a day! You'll still end up knocking everyones socks off though, expectations seem slow to evolve but ability to exceed them are offered thick and fast

9. Arowx

Arowx

10. Tiles

Tiles

Just have a look at the asset store plugins ...

11. DaveyD

DaveyD

12. briandcruz67

briandcruz67