Search Unity

Track BuildR - Generate race circuits within the Unity editor

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by jasperstocker, Sep 26, 2013.

1. jasperstocker

jasperstocker

emailed you.

2. emergki

emergki

Thank you @jasperstocker, I replied you there, please let me know about a solution.

Thank you.

3. emergki

emergki

Hi,

I've deleted the old TrackBuildR folder of my project and imported the latest version from Asset Store. Now I'm having another problems with this:

Assets/TrackBuildR/Editor/TrackBuildREditorInspector.cs(1094,70): error CS0117: `ShaderProperties' does not contain a definition for `NAMES'

Assets/TrackBuildR/Editor/TrackBuildREditorInspector.cs(1094,76): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for `System.Collections.Generic.List<string>.List(System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<string>)' has some invalid arguments

Assets/TrackBuildR/Editor/TrackBuildREditorInspector.cs(1094,76): error CS1503: Argument `#1' cannot convert `object' expression to type `System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<string>'

Can you help me?

4. jimboyte

jimboyte

I am considering buying Track BuildR and have a question for the group:

Can I create a track with BuildR and then export it and use it in another project at school where we do not have Track BuildR. Will that work?

5. jasperstocker

jasperstocker

That would be fine.

6. WalterEspinar

WalterEspinar

7. jasperstocker

jasperstocker

I'm afraid there are no intersections at the moment.

8. Der_Kevin

Der_Kevin

Hey!
    was there something like runtime editing/creation of the track planed in the past?
    Iam looking for something like that and could swear that track buildr had this feature planed?

9. jasperstocker

jasperstocker

Hi!
    I've mentioned that it would be possible but I've got no plans right now to provide a solution. It's on my list of nice to haves though - maybe one day i'll get the urge. Right now I'm just too stacked to add something that large

10. Der_Kevin

Der_Kevin

okay, thanks.
    I just thought it dreamed it or something cause i couldnt find anything like this anymore :D

11. m0ds84

m0ds84

Hi there, I'm building a multi track game with your asset, it's good, very useful, but I have a problem. Specifically with the final output, which isn't ideal.

Once I build my game, many of the tracks textures are being degraded. They are fine in the editor, and I Force Rebuild them so they are fine in editor. But after a build they keep doing it.

Here's a screenshot from build EXE, on the left you see one section is degraded, on the right it has retained its texture detail.

On build it doesn't seem to want to retain the recent force rebuilds/detail.

Do you have any suggestions please? Any way to force it at runtime or rebuild it before loading the scene or such? Or any other tips and tricks? Some way or other checkbox to force it to not alter the textures? I'm not sure what else to try. As I say its only when it builds that it seems to undo the last "Force Rebuild". And it can be a bit random about which tracks & sections of the track it decides to degrade again.

But it seems all my tracks are suffering it when they get built. So maybe there is something else conflicting? Ive lowered terrain texture quality so is it following suit or sth? I'm only using a few textures, grass, sand and asphalt. Though why it typically always retains the detail on the first section but none of the others is something you may probably understand more than me. Your ideas on this are appreciated.

Thank you!

(ps. Unity 5.3.4f1)

Last edited: May 25, 2016
  12. jasperstocker

jasperstocker

Yeah - that looks like a bug. I'll look into it. Could you PM/Email me the track as an XML? It might be something specific to your layout.

13. m0ds84

m0ds84

Thanks. I appreciate that. Give me until the end of the week, I tried a build after setting some tracks to "Optomized" and more of them retained their correct texture settings, so want to see if that holds an answer for me (haven't tried it across the whole game yet but am doing so tonight).

Re-loading those scenes after building and "Optomized" on those tracks has become unchecked though, is that normal?

If you have a moment, in the meantime a little info on those checkboxes there, Tangents Generated, Lightmap Generated, Optimised, would be useful, what do they do specifically please? They all sound useful but I'm not sure which might help or hinder me. Many thanks

14. jenwohs

jenwohs

Hey looking at getting Track BuildR - is it possible with this tool yet to place boundary prefabs along with the track points? Basically what I'm looking for is what you mentioned here (at around the 8:38 mark):

I'd like to be able to add tires/arrow signs/trees to the side etc as I make the track.

15. jenwohs

jenwohs

Hey, I pulled the trigger on getting track builder but noticed it really starts to chug on my computer once the track gets above a certain size. Any pointers on working on a large track?

16. jasperstocker

jasperstocker

Hi @jenwohs, at the moment it's not possible. I don't currently have a plan to implement it. Stacked with work at the moment.
    With the slow down, send me an email with your track as an XML so I can take a look. What version of Unity are you in too? Maybe something has changed recently...

17. ayk

ayk

Hey, @jasperstocker, I have an issue with Track Buildr's Terrain merge feature. I created a basic track and empty flat terrain. When I hit terrain merge, it works and the terrain updates, but then Unity freezes up. I'm on the most Unity 5.6.1f1

18. jasperstocker

jasperstocker

I check that out. Thanks. Hearing a lot about freezes with 5.6, might be something I need to change though to help out.

19. GunFister

GunFister

Heyas! Did this get deprecated due an issue with Unity? I had this in my Wish list for a new racing game and I just found out it's gone...