Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Ultimate MMORPG Kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by MrSkeletarik, Sep 19, 2013.

1. MrSkeletarik

MrSkeletarik

Thank you for such nice words, GeorgeAmos! :)

2. tequyla

tequyla

Hi,

i have bought your package for support you and for use it

Any chance to add changeform feature ?
    for example: i change form to bird or other apparence when i drink a potion or i click a hotkey

have fun

++++

3. MrSkeletarik

MrSkeletarik

Hello! Thanks for purchasing!

In my opinion it is a very interesting idea. I will add it in next updates with the Character Editor. It will be about 1.4 or 1.5 version.

For this moment the private chat and groups have been done, Friend List is the next one. So, the next release is coming soon.

4. tequyla

tequyla

Hi,

Thanks.

Does it works with NGUI ?

+++

5. CGFX360

CGFX360

Hey,

I wanted to ask about a few features i was wondering if you planned?... Or could add?

Chat filter - Block certain words from being said in the chat.
    Bans/Kicks - Banning and kicking players from the server/game.
    Player Permission system - By this, i mean allowing the admin to define players who are premium or paid players, where they get more items, money, or whatever. (Like a subscription system, like most MMO's have.)

Sorry if any of these have been mentioned or are already handled another way, and i just never noticed. I just finally started fully looking at the kit :)

P.S. Cant wait for the social features =D Great job on this kit!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  6. MrSkeletarik

MrSkeletarik

For this moment there is no NGUI Support.

7. MrSkeletarik

MrSkeletarik

Yes, there is Chat filter and Kicks playes from the server in the 1.3 Version. It will be released in this month.

About permissions. I think I will make In-Game Purchases System (based on PayPal). But probably it will be the separate addon that will be paid.

8. MrSkeletarik

MrSkeletarik

The 40% Sale is going to end soon. Hurry up to purchase Ultimate MMORPG Kit for only $30!

9. CGFX360

CGFX360

Ah! Great :D

Excited for the next version! I'd love to see the in-game purchase system sometime as well, sounds promising.

Thanks for all your work :)

10. cbri

cbri

Hi,

I'm working with portals but can't seem to change the 'Place' value to the new portal I created. It's in a new scene and I don't know how to edit it. I was able to change the code and use Application.LoadLevel but I want to be able to use the script as is.. what am I doing wrong?

11. rpg_gamer

rpg_gamer

Hello there, I am trying to add my own player model to replace that viking...... It's extremely complicated firstly, and in CreateCharacter.cs I am setting the paths to the axes, and shields.... but when I run the create character scene i get no create character gui, and the character instantiates infinite clones of itself one after the other..

what is causing that? and .... why is replacing the character in this kit so complicated?

12. rpg_gamer

rpg_gamer

it also will not instantiate the player into the world scene in the client..... even though it is exactly the same as the viking character included.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
  13. rpg_gamer

rpg_gamer

the only difference i can see between my character prefab and the one included is that my photon view is pointing to the character prefab and it says unityengine.transform to the left of it.. the included character says thirdpersonnetworkvik in the observe field ..... which is a script attatched to the player.

I can't set my photon view to that somehow in the player i'm trying to get in. how do i get that set?

14. rpg_gamer

rpg_gamer

you're horrible at answering emails, or your forum posts......

15. grig

grig

Does anyone have an idea how to make the player Viking start in a new scene that we create, say MountainForest? It seems like there are some weird things going on with these scenes as if there is only one scene and its being copied when needed. I only say this because when I edit one of the scenes it changes (say I made terrain edits) it for all of them.

16. cbri

cbri

This is what happens when we transfer to the new level..

$Capture.PNG

17. GeorgeAmos

GeorgeAmos

Do you mean if a tree is cut or a rock is moved at runtime, is the change visible to all players?

What if the scene is changed only in Editor, only on one machine, before start to run. Which scene is picked-up? The local client one or the server's one?

18. radar089

radar089

i do not have the mmorpg kit tab between component and window tab at the top of unity? i was following your video and got stuck at that point how do i get that tab?

19. tequyla

tequyla

Hi,

any new from creator ?

+++

20. cbri

cbri

Nope...

21. tequyla

tequyla

hi,

hum, it s bad new :(

+++

22. CGFX360

CGFX360

Whoa, What happened? Did the developer just disappear? He usually is always replying here.

=/ hope the kit doesn't die

23. rpg_gamer

rpg_gamer

yo! Where's the dev at??

24. CGFX360

CGFX360

I don't know man, I hope he comes back soon. =/

25. tequyla

tequyla

Hi,

The problem with "MMO" in the title is that often after a moment of development, the developer realizes a mmo is primarily a network architecture. Unity is bad for network solution.

Two ways, in fact:
    1/ project dies or will die
    2/project is reworked

All assets in this forum with MMO are dead or renamed.

wait and see...

+++

26. cmrcmr

cmrcmr

I find it a little embarrassing that release dates are given and the developer does not have the gift of speech.
    You can also send email and no answer.

27. uexilon

uexilon

Pro and Cons so far:

Pro:
    -Gives you some ideas on how to work with photon
    -Some tools can be used after a little bit of adjustment.
    - Source code of every tool

Cons:
    - Uses deprecated mysql (Takes about 2 hours to change it to mysqli)
    - Uses WWW forms of Unity to send data from the Client to the database. While WWW forms can be used (still not the best solution) it's a no-go to let the Client send data to the database. You'll need to write your hashcode into Client files, which can be decompiled. A cheater can change any data he want as soon as he gets the hashtag (that means you don't even need to start working on your game).
    - Some features don't really work (sync worked once for me)
    - Developer answered one email (before I bought it), no response for the last week.

Afterall it's not worth that much money at the moment. I would apperciate a fix for those Cons before the developer adds new features.

28. cookimage

cookimage

I disagree. We have been working on Atavism Online Engine we are making available for Unity users witch is server side using Unity for client. We also am developing Neos Land which is a fantasy MMO and is in Closed Alpha including using AtVoxel so it has a voxel based terrain and our server is holding steady so far. Only with minor bugs because its alpha but Unity is a great client side system for MMO games. We have also around a 100 other developers using and testing Atavism for their own MMO games and is very happy with it so far. You can read more about it on our forum post in Unity here or visit our website www.atavismonline.com for more details.

29. ungr

ungr

I totally agree with this. I am one of the alpha testers for the Atavism Engine (switched from Ultimate MMORPG because of the client to database problem) and Its so much better than ANYTHING out there. I only wish I could afford the Atvoxel, and Dev packs. I know I will be buying them eventually though.

30. inthedeepend

inthedeepend

ive purchased this product and ive hit a brick wall.following his tutorials was very good,but it wasnt enough to get it up and running.

ive set up the database,the game client creates new users etc.but it dosnt go past that stage and it dosnt give me any errors to work with.

getting a reply from the DEV is hard,he must be busy as they only reply to my emails once a day and thats not really very helpful right now.i want this working and im stuck lol.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  31. inthedeepend

inthedeepend

why the hell dosnt this guy reply to emails..he replies when you contact him about buying it...then leaves you high and dry with no support...

32. tequyla

tequyla

Hi,

Some news features and updates for celebrating unity 5.2.3 ?

+++