Search Unity

[RELEASED] Ultimate MMORPG Kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by MrSkeletarik, Sep 19, 2013.

1. ungr

ungr

Well. you can put them wherever you want. I usually put my project folders in my documents folder c:\Users\yourusername\documents

open unity and open the project through there. the project you open will be a folder. you can tell it is the right folder if the open button is enabled.

2. grig

grig

I recently started using this kit as well. I can't seem to get it to see any servers. This is what I did.
    * I am only trying to run this through the Photon Cloud, not my own server.

- Started a new project in Unity
    - Imported the Ultimate MMO kit package
    - Window / Photon Unity Networking
    - Setup / Set AppId, and set to US, click Save
    - Close Unity
    - Install the Photon cloud app (I don't want to mess with my own server right now) ExitGames-Photon-Server-SDK_v3-2-10-4248.exe
    - I followed the startup video they had on their site, copied my license so I have 100 CCU now
    - Photon control / Default / Start Application (then I assumed I leave this running)
    - Open Unity with project, Build and Run (this seems to only include the Scene files, is that correct?)
    - When I register and play, there are no servers available...and I am stuck.

* Also when I run the Photon cloud, I am not sure whether I should set the IP control to local, or public, or auto...I've tried all three.

* In the docs there is a screenshot that shows where you enter in "Admin" and server name and you hit <<GO>. I've never seen that come up. Are the docs old or am I still doing something wrong?

*** Great work on this product!!! I am just very new to setting this stuff up.

I didn't un-rar all the Server files because I assumed you do that if you want to run a full blown dedicated server, without the Photon Cloud.

Thanks for any help!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  3. ungr

ungr

Photon cloud is not an app. What you installed was Photon Server. Photon Server lets you have 100 CCUs for free, and Photon Cloud lets you have 20 CCUs for free.

The first thing you need to get working is the login/signup the client will work fine without photon cloud or server. You should probably take a look at my earlier post where I mentioned installing XAMPP,

That screenshot that you saw in the docs is the server unity project. You have to run this to get in the actual game world (after login). This is in the server.rar and it does not matter what you use it is required.

Also I would suggest just running both projects (server first) right from unity, and compile them when you are ready to distribute your game. For the client you will need to add all of the scenes to your build settings.

4. cbri

cbri

I switched back to the photon cloud setup for now. Photon server isn't letting me select the local IP of the virtual machine I'm trying to set it up on. At least everything runs well under the cloud so far... now to integrate the php etc...

5. cbri

cbri

Hey all another question, what name does the mysql database use? I have the word doc for the table definitions but what database to create them in?

Thanks!

Craig

6. MrSkeletarik

MrSkeletarik

Hello!
    To tell the truth, it doesn't matter. But remember that you need to set this name in all PHP files as it is written in ReadMe file.

7. cbri

cbri

Ok thanks, where am I supposed to put the javascripts? Also, has anyone seen a situation where the MMO server shuts itself off after awhile and goes back to connecting to photon cloud (or server forget which)? It starts up fine and says 'Server Works!' but then after a little while it goes back to 'Connecting to Photon Server' and you can't do anything. I tried rebuilding the project but it's doing the same thing. Not sure what's up.

Craig

8. ungr

ungr

Javascript files stay put when extracted. Which is inside the unity projects folders.

As for your connection issue, I do not know. I have only been using Photon server so far.

9. Sphelps

Sphelps

This tool kit looks good but might I suggest creating the server just in Visual Studio instead of unity to keep it from pulling some much memory!

10. cbri

cbri

Any update as to the new version ETA?

Thanks,

Craig

11. cbri

cbri

Guess not lol..

12. ungr

ungr

Well, with my project I am ready to launch my demo online for a few testers to try out, but I am having trouble with the php scripts not executing properly. The PhP files execute perfectly on my localhost, and even over my LAN, but once I upload them and try to execute them over the internet they do not execute properly, and throw a 500 internal server error. Anyone have any ideas what the problem is? (I have tried on several hosting sites)

13. cbri

cbri

Who is your web host provider? Do they definitely support PHP?

14. cbri

cbri

To use this do I HAVE to use the MySQL and php parts or can I skip that part? I can set it up but just trying to simplify the game we're working on..

15. cmrcmr

cmrcmr

century which will be in the next update?

16. cbri

cbri

It was supposed to be out in October but no word as of yet..

17. cbri

cbri

When I try to add the Dialog script to one of the NPC's my unity doesn't look like the screenshot in the documentation. I have no 'elements' for 'choice' or 'what to do'.

Also, how do the golems know to to attack I can't see the AI script attached to them?

Any help out there?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  18. cmrcmr

cmrcmr

Unirpg updates its active almost every day! Whether or not you have faults!

19. cbri

cbri

What is Unirpg? Similar to this? Problem is I've already purchased this.. I'm hoping to hear SOMETHING...

20. cmrcmr

cmrcmr

Unirpg is:

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/188054-UniRPG-The-Unity-3D-RPG-Maker?p=1284322

This genial !

Check out the thread and see how updates every day or few days apart, but then corrects the bugs there.
    This makes for more hearing!

I also have this pack, I think I was the first, but is said to be updated in October and two months have passed already. It's too long!
    With the other package, you order the work done fast!

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  21. ungr

ungr

I tried several free ones just for testing. 000webhost.com, Host1free.com, and several others. And yes they do support PHP.

Currently how it is ... yes, but if you know how to change the code then you can do away with it.

I have not tried to add NPCs yet. (Just using the current ones for testing)

The AI script is there. Its on the prefab.

No UniRPG has no network capability. (At least the last update I checked didn't)

And yeah it looks like we have been abandoned.

22. cbri

cbri

We haven't! I got email from him yesterday that he's been having some problems, but has submitted the next version to the asset store admins! Hopefully it will be approved quickly. I was pretty psyched to hear from him.

I'll just setup a mysql host and give it a try. I'll let you know if I get the 500 errors. Can you log into your webhost and get to the error log files?

23. MrSkeletarik

MrSkeletarik

$YouTubePic.png

Well, the package is sent for checking to the Asset Store Admins. Usually it takes about a week to check.

New video about Version 1.2 is available:

Also video tutorials will be published in a few days.

24. cbri

cbri

Awesome!

25. ungr

ungr

Nice!

I guess it actually will be released in time for me to build the next version of my game.

For the PHP problem I ended up getting a VPS and installing Xampp on it, and it seems to be working ... not totally sure yet though because I am in the process of setting it up right now.

26. MrSkeletarik

MrSkeletarik

Version 1.2 has been published and availble for download!

Today or tomorrow I will upload the first tutorial about the UMK setting.

UMK 1.2 has new things like:
    • Custom NPC Editor
    • Custom Spell Editor
    • Photon Server Support
    • Spell Window (Spell Book)
    • Drag&Drop skills
    • Some fixes

Warning: this version doesn't support WebPlayer builds. Support will be added later.

Happy Game-Making!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  27. MrSkeletarik

MrSkeletarik

28. Seth-Jones

Seth-Jones

I am interested in this, but I really need it to work with 2-D assets. Is it possible to do this?

29. cbri

cbri

A 2d MMO game?

30. cbri

cbri

Will we see combat in the next release? I thought it was going to be in this release.

Thanks!

Merry Christmas all!

31. MrSkeletarik

MrSkeletarik

New tutorial is published!

Watch it now:

To Cbri: Next release will about social functions like private chat, groups and etc. Current version contains Spell Editor that allows you to create player's skills. Extended AI for NPCs will be later.

Well, I am going to share some of my plans for these two months.

January 2014
    • Tutorial 3: AI and Drop
    • Tutorial 4: Dialogs
    • Release 1.3 - Private chat, groups, friend lists, etc.
    • Tutorial 5: Vendor

February 2014
    • Tutorial 6: Quests
    • Tutorial 7: Portals
    • Release 1.4 - Probably it will be about Dungeons and NPC Spawn
    • Tutorial 8: Spell Creation

I am not sure that everything will be exactly the same: something will be able to come out earlier or later.
    But the chance that it will be so is about 90%.

Also between main releases there will be others that will fix some bugs.

Ah, and soon you will be able to buy this kit from my site! (http://warofdeath.com/umk/ Be careful, linking pictures are pretty big, I will make them smaller later)

32. neopan

neopan

is there any possibility you will make a uLink version?

33. MrSkeletarik

MrSkeletarik

To Neopan: now there is no plans for making an uLink version.

New Year Sale! Hurry up! -40% OFF!

For a limited time only: -40% OFF! Now you can purchase it for $30. We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Buy it now in Unity Asset Store!

Also this version (1.2.1) contains a few very important fixes concerned with NPC Editor, Spell Editor and Skill Book.
    If you've already bought it, update your package.

$UltimateMMORPGKitLogoXSale2013.png

34. cbri

cbri

I have a question. If I make modifications will I have to reapply them every time there is an update? If so is there a way around this?

Thanks!

35. MrSkeletarik

MrSkeletarik

It depends on modifications' type. Do you mean the scripts' modifications?

36. cbri

cbri

Yes, say I want to add melee attacks but use some of the spell code to do this should I make a separate file and add it to the existing object or modify your scripts? I'm not sure of the best way to add new features on my own that won't get over written during each upgrade.

Thanks!

37. MrSkeletarik

MrSkeletarik

It would be better if you make the separate script and write there your own functions and etc. Because you have an opportunity to copy&paste your script to the updated project. If functions were in one of the UMK's files, they would be overwritten. So, it is more convenient to you to write your own scripts that will expand the UMK power.

Also I want to add that you can use UMK's Spell Editor for melee attacks creation. You can simply increase spell's distance and change it's type to the "Long-Range". So, it can be easily done without programming.

38. GeorgeAmos

GeorgeAmos

Hi MrSkeletarik,

Thank you for this very nice package!
    At this sale price of $35 it is very good stuff! Lots of features, MMO and nice NPC and Spell Editor! Good work!
    I bought the package few days ago and I setup it, it works just fine.

I am waiting for the next update for some controller functionality for iOS / mobile, as you promised on the AssetStore's answer to reviews.

Best regards,
    George

39. neff11

neff11

i send you a question to u email 2 days ago, and im waiting yet :c

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  40. cmrcmr

cmrcmr

And remember that in chat, nicks should go in a different color to differentiate the nick and messages.
    When next update 1.3 ?

41. MrSkeletarik

MrSkeletarik

I am really sorry. There are a lot of letters, perhaps I haven't seen yours. Can you send me your letter again?

42. neff11

neff11

sent, im Sule Tunkara "st.tunkara@gmail.com"

43. MrSkeletarik

MrSkeletarik

Yes, I answered you via email.

44. neff11

neff11

Thx A Lot

45. cbri

cbri

Hi, I tried to update to version 1.2.1 but all I get is 'Unknown Error' and it won't import. I tried removing the package on my laptop, and even tried uninstalling/reinstalling unity. Nothing works. I no longer have the 1.2 version that at least worked. What should I do?

46. cbri

cbri

Well, I was able to create a new project, tick off the type (this package) and it seems to have created it OK. I'm not sure why I'm getting the errors when I tried to import it. I kept getting errors about mesh's not being found.

47. cbri

cbri

Ok so I have the latest version running and am noticing some things -

My mini-map stopped working
    If I click on quests it opens the window but I don't see how to close it?
    Also, if I open quests and click the quest button again it switches to another window in the same spot

Still testing.

48. cbri

cbri

Is there a tutorial on the spell and npc editors? I don't understand how they work when I click them there is nothing there and no options to choose from.

49. MrSkeletarik

MrSkeletarik

You can learn how to use NPC Editor in the second tutorial called "NPC Creation". Spell Editor is like a NPC Editor, so if you learn how to use it, you will be able to use the Spell Editor too.

About errors. It is strange because neither me nor others have the problems with import. Did you replace all UMK files during its update?

50. GeorgeAmos

GeorgeAmos

Yes, I can confirm. The import is fine. No errors.
    I had no errors at import and no errors at all.

The "NPC Creation" works very good.
    I followed the second video tutorial to set it up.
    It took me about 10 minutes to set a monster character on the Server, by applying green and red particles, add to it the specific UMK scripts, its position and all then added to a prefab.
    I just copied then the original .fbx model, the .prefab and the .prefab.meta to the client.

Thank you for this package, MrSkeletarik