Search Unity

UNITY 4.2.1 BUG!! help ive been having the same prob for weeks already

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by binsint, Sep 12, 2013.

1. binsint

binsint

hi every one!

im having a bug with unity 4.2.1... everytime i click something on the heirarchy while on the SCENE VIEW it crashes... i located my unity logs and this is the error...

Unsupported: Hidden/SceneViewWireframe

what is this?! ive been delayed with my work for days.. unity keeps crashing i dont know why

UPDATE: here's the solution

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  2. fffMalzbier

fffMalzbier

A little checklist:

• Try in new scene.
    • Report Bug.
    • Reinstall unity
    • Check GPU driver.

3. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

I'm guessing this message means that there is a shader called SceneViewWireframe which is usually hidden, the editor is trying to use it, but your GPU has reported the shader can't run on your machine. What are the specs of your machine? OS and GPU at least.

4. binsint

binsint

i found what's causing the crash... its the Graphics Emulation... it crashes when ES 1 and on scene view... i dont know why it crashes... ive been using ES 1 graphics emulation on my project all along and it was the only time it started crashing... After ive switched to ES 2 all was fine and okay.

If anyone of you may experience this in the future i hope this might help...

5. Dantus

Dantus

Did you submit a bug report?

6. Be-Rad

Be-Rad

Thank you for the help. Spent several hours today trying to narrow down the problem.
    Here's how to switch to 2.0:
    http://docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/Manual/GraphicsEmulation.html

7. Structed

Structed

Thank you very much indeed, binsint!
    I had switched my Android target to use ES1 for testing purposes and clicked on a plane in the editor -> crash.

8. binsint

binsint

You're welcome guys!!! I spent 3 days having that problem... I almost burst out... lol... im happy this post helped you guys too!

9. eriihine2

eriihine2

Thank you sir for posting the solution to this !!! You have saved my life ....

10. BillyM148

BillyM148

Ahhh thank you guys so much for figuring out the problem. I was just having the same exact issue that came out of nowhere. Switched to ES2 (no clue why it started crashing to begin with, but switching to ES2 fixed the problem for me as well).

I was having a panic attack - afraid I was going to lose everything I've been working on.

11. Dantus

Dantus

Did anyone who encountered that issue submit a bug report?