Search Unity

BlackBerry IAP and Scoreloop Plugins released!

Discussion in 'BlackBerry' started by rmadhavan7, Sep 10, 2013.

1. rmadhavan7

rmadhavan7

2. EvilDingo

EvilDingo

Oh no! You've just added a ton to my workload. (In a good way I guess!) :)

3. appxplore-tech

appxplore-tech

Hi rmadhavan7 thanks for submitting the plugin, is it possible to let me know is new Scoreloop Plugin support native leaderboard/ achievement ui? I did try the demo but seems not supported.

4. rmadhavan7

rmadhavan7

The Scoreloop plugin only supports the Unity Social API fuctionality and does not come with any pre-canned ui (If thats what you meant).

5. dberroa

dberroa

Is there ever going to be an add on for the Blackberry Advertising Service? A lot of topics and people on this board are waiting on ads to release their game.

If not, could you check out the topics of people trying to solve how to get ads to show and help?

Thank you for your time.

6. appxplore-tech

appxplore-tech

Thanks rmadhavan7 for answering my question. There is another question: I saw the UnitySocialAPI does contain both ShowAchievementsUI and ShowLeaderboardUI function. Is that function supported? From your documentation I didn't see any document regarding both function introduction.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  7. zezba9000

zezba9000

Problem is how do I submit a score to mode 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 ect... ??
    In the beta you would set (leaderBoard.id = "global:0";) global:1,2,3,4,ect...

This version breaks that, and the documentation still doesn't say what value I pass to the leadboard ID?
    I get the exception: "InvalidOperationException: Invalid leaderboard identifier provided (global:0)"

What is the new way to set the mode in this API release??

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  8. rmadhavan7

rmadhavan7

If you are running BlackBerry 10.0/10.1 OS on your device, 2 APIs would not do anything. However, those features would be supported starting 10.2 OS update. Please do post your issues in case you have trouble running on 10.2 OS

cheers, Ram

9. zezba9000

zezba9000

To answer my question, putting something like ""leaderboard.LeaderboardMode1"="type=global;mode:1;title=Global Leaderboard";"
    In "SLGame.txt" works.

10. rmadhavan7

rmadhavan7

Thats right zezba9000! however this should impact only the beta plugin users. I highly encourage your to download the ScoreloopSocial v1.0.2 from the Unity Asset store directly and refer to the latest docs packaged with them.

cheers, Ram

11. appxplore-tech

appxplore-tech

Hi Ram,
    I got a device STL1000-3 just updated to OS 10.2.0.1445 and i try the function "ShowLeaderboardUI" but it gives me exception as below:
    Code (csharp):
    1. InvalidOperationException: INVOKE_TARGET_ERROR
    2.   at ​ . (.   , .   ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    3.   at ​ . (System.String , System.String , System.String , System.String ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    4.   at ​ . (Boolean ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    5. Rethrow as NotSupportedException: Opening leaderboard on current OS version is not supported
    6.   at ​ . (Boolean ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    7.   at ​ . () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    8.   at   .      () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    9.   at ScoreloopManager.testShowLeaderBoardUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    10.   at PopUpOption.onOptLeaderboard () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    11. UnityEngine.GameObject:SendMessage(String, Object, SendMessageOptions)
    12. UnityEngine.GameObject:SendMessage(String)
    13. ButtonBasic:onMouseUp()
    14. InputManager:inputHandler()
    15. InputManager:Update()
    17. (Filename:  Line: -1)
    When will this be supported? is it real that it's available only from BB10.2 and above?

12. rmadhavan7

rmadhavan7

Thanks for the error report! We will take a definitely look and confirm the exact 10.2 OS version. Could you please let us know the Unity version you are running on as well?

Ram

13. appxplore-tech

appxplore-tech

hi Ram,

Unity3D version: 4.2.0f4

14. Tomo-Games

Tomo-Games

Anyone else notice errors in the IAP plugin v1.0.1 when trying to get a list of existing purchases in Sandbox mode?
    The parent application could not be located with in the reconcile cache?

The 2nd thing I noticed with the plugin is that I build the Bundle Version as v0.1 but BlackBerry World calls it Version: 0.1.0.1 when attempting to download it from my SKU / Content ID go figure.

Anyways. I want to be able to make my paid app as a one build free trial with IAP option. I set up the virtual good
    SKU as a non consumable static buy. Just wondering what would be the logic flow in IAP. Note I downloaded the plugin demo which is nice but it's just a bunch of one off button presses that show much.

In my example would it be:
    1. Check if the user already owns it.
    BlackBerryIAP.GetExistingPurchases();2. If not show them the Price. BlackBerryIAP.GetPrice("Your IAP SKU");
    3. Confirm the order and buy. BlackBerryIAP.Purchase("Your IAP SKU", null, null, null, null, null, null);
    4. Once they own it can you recommend a way / method to stop querying the internet upon game start for Step 1? Do you support a cache? Since this example isn't subscription or consumable based.

Ram maybe you can add some use cases to your blog no? If I use IAP in this way should I then change my app as free in the pricing tier choices?

Too bad there isn't a way to simply list the Primary Products SKU for Purchase and not have to create a Secondary Virtual Good SKU and simply leave a IAP supported checkbox in the products registration. Or does this exist somewhere and I'm looking at this whole thing wrong?

15. rmadhavan7

rmadhavan7

Thanks a lot for the detailed info on the issue!
    I haven't got a chance to try it myself (on travel!) but will pass it over to the development team to take a look and get back on that issue here. And thanks for the feedback on the post! I will see if i can do a part 2 maybe :)

Cheers, Ram

16. rmadhavan7

rmadhavan7

Thanks AppxploreF! We gave it a try on this exact OS build + Unity version but no luck reproducing it the error:(
    Could you maybe attach a sample script to reproduce that?

17. Tomo-Games

Tomo-Games

Ram please have someone get back to me ASAP as it's holding up Greedy Ducks submission for BlackBerry.
    Contact Tomo@TomoGames.com for further testing. I'm using the latest version of Unity on Mac OS Lion. The phone is a BlackBerry Z10 STL100-3 Software release 10.1.0.2019

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  18. rmadhavan7

rmadhavan7

Here is a couple things I wanted to note:

1. sandbox mode is not production mode and so getExistingPurchases() would not reply back any former transactions
    2. we dont support any special caching mechanism. you could save the list using a persistent file for example..

I am not sure what exactly you mean by the IAP logic flow but general payment service logic can be found at:
    http://developer.blackberry.com/nat...des/device_platform/paymentservice/index.html

Best practices at the bottom of this page:
    http://developer.blackberry.com/nat...s/device_platform/paymentservice/testing.html

more info on native API at:
    http://developer.blackberry.com/native/reference/cascades/platform_payment_service.html

Hope it helps,

Ram

19. Tomo-Games

Tomo-Games

1. Your answer is unacceptable. Why would you list Sandbox mode as a way to test IAP when it doesn't actually work? I can purchase the same non consumable static one off item multiple times without being told I had already bought the item. And there is no way to find out what I've bought in the past. Are you expecting us to take a leap on faith here prior to go live ? What does the error message even mean let alone trap the exception?

2. You didn't answer the issue about seeing me calling my build 0.1 for file-bundle but seeing below when downloading it:
    The 2nd thing I noticed with the plugin is that I build the Bundle Version as v0.1 but BlackBerry World calls it Version: 0.1.0.1 when attempting to download it from my SKU / Content ID go figure.

20. zezba9000

zezba9000

1) I would recommend you keep track of what was bought via PlayerPrefs and store the purchase locally so you don't have to ping the InApp API if they already have the product.

2) Are you saying there is no method exposed to restore this InApps they had bought before in this version of the API ??

21. zezba9000

zezba9000

Hey,

There is a bug in the new version of Scoreloop Unity Plugin 1.0.2. I updated the plugin and re-downloaded my Achievements package.
    But I still get the error below:
    NOTE: Everything runs fine in the editor, scores and Achievements load. But when I run on my Z10 BB10 device I get that error.
    This is now a road block.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  22. Tomo-Games

Tomo-Games

The main problem is that live transactions are not writing to the cache of my current test session. The plugin writes transactions to cache for Sandbox mode as writing the same transactions to the production database isn't going to happen while your app is still in draft status. We shouldn't be getting local cache write / read errors though if the test user making the purchase is also registered as a Sandbox user. The error looks like a bug.

23. zezba9000

zezba9000

So when you use a test Sandbox user you get read/write errors??
    Iv'e made a working BB10 plugin that supports IAP that seems to be working just fine and I don't get these errors.

Does it seem like the errors are coming from C# code or native BB10 "C" code by looking at your logs?

24. zezba9000

zezba9000

Has anyone else got the Scoreloop "EndOfStreamException" error in the Test Scene that comes with Unity3D?
    This error happens when I call "Social.Active = ScoreloopSocialClient.Create();".

After a while you can authenticate though, but I get the UserID of "1000" via "Social.Active.localUser.id".

What doesn't make any sense, is if I make a new project and import the Plugin and my "SLAwards.bundle" and run the test scene everything runs fine on the device.

But if I run the same test scene with same "SLAwards.bundle" and everything on my main App, I get the "EndOfStreamException"...
    I'm totally confused about this.

25. McKrackeN

McKrackeN

I'm having exactly the same issue. I've even try to delete everything in the project, leaving only the Scoreloop stuff and build the test scene, but it didn't work.

26. zezba9000

zezba9000

Just got this info: "Solution: open iOS-settings and disable "Stripping Level"".

Also note there is another bug.
    NOTE: To reproduce this the Test, you must start the App where Scoreloop is disconnected at launch requiring you to hit the Authenticate button.
    Basically if you create a Scoreloop object by calling "Social.Active = ScoreloopSocialClient.Create();",
    then load another Scene via "Application.LoadLevel(1);",
    Anytime you call "Social.Active.localUser.Authenticate" after that Scene Load it will NOT work. Nor will it even tell you it failed.

27. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

Some news on this issue. It's been discovered that stripping can cause problems like what you guys are describing. The BlackBerry implementation in unity is subject to the shared stripping setting found in iOS and Android but it does not have it's own UI element in the player settings for BlackBerry. This is a bug and I will be adding the UI element for the stripping level to the player settings for BlackBerry. If you disable stripping things should hopefully work again. :)

28. chandu125

chandu125

Hey folks!!!!!!!!!!
    I want to integrate unity scoreloop api into my game.But i have some doubts about scoreloop api..
    a) Which social network is used for sharing score to our friends?
    b) In Scoreloop api you just mentioned that when i click the authenticte button it will shoes authenticated.but in game how can i handle that one?
    c)I have submit the score by clicking submit button.i dont know whether the score is submitted or not?
    So plz give me the breaf explanation for using scoreloop api...

29. zezba9000

zezba9000

a) I think you would use something like the BlackBerry Messaging service.

b) What do you mean how do you handle it? There is a plugin thats documented on how to?

c) Go to scoreloop.com, where you set up your scoreloop account for the game to check.

30. Tomo-Games

Tomo-Games

Bump

31. Jmonroe

Jmonroe

Hey Tomo,
    In this blog http://devblog.blackberry.com/2013/01/blackberry-payment-services-sandbox/ they mention:

I don't think you can test past purchases until you go live, right now.

32. PuneetK

PuneetK

Could any one explain thoroughly how to integrate ScoreLoop with my unity BB 10 games?
    I have read the ppt that comes with the plugin but it is really not sufficient for a first time scoreloop user like me.

As of now i have kept the release of our game on hold for the sheer fact that we are unable to put in scoreloop yet!

33. chandu125

chandu125

Hi....
    Which social platform is used for loading friends in bb10 scoreloop plugin in asset store?t.e(facebook or bbm).
    I don't know how it working...the doc which is present in scoreloop plugin not clear for understanding...so pls give me clear explanation..

34. EddieChristian

EddieChristian

When are we going to see Android Support???

35. JayG81

JayG81

I can't seem to submit a score from my device (works through the Unity editor though). In the editor it signs me in as a number ID, on my device I'm signed in as "Lerpz". Can anybody shed some light on this? Thanks!

EDIT: It was the stripping level. I needed to disable it in the BlackBerry Player Settings.

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  36. johngriffin

johngriffin

Hi all ... if anyone needs an alternative to Scoreloop (RIM are shutting it down) then you should have a look at GameSparks. I work for GameSparks by the way ... just to be straight up about that.
    http://www.gamesparks.com/scoreloop/

37. pauljosaph

pauljosaph

thanks i want to use it, any other relevent information that u can give to me?

38. MarceloBarce

MarceloBarce

MrEsquire likes this.
  39. Honest

Honest

I have a gamein Unity that has iap , its working on iOS and Android fine but now I have to enable it for Blackberry release. I am a bit newbie in Unity so where do I start? I have downloaded and inported plugin from store to project ,whats next?

40. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Excellent work, thank you for this :)