Search Unity

Unity c# tutorials for people who already know UnityScript?

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by ProjectCryken, Sep 1, 2013.

1. ProjectCryken

ProjectCryken

All the tutorials I can find on C# in Unity tutorials either assume you already know c# or have never used Unity before and so cover EVERYTHING, most of which has nothing to do with c# specifically making it far more time consuming to learn all over again. I have been using UnityScript for over 2 years now, so I'm pretty familiar. Are there any tutorials out there that will teach you as if you are coming from UnityScript?

Thanks!

2. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

Why not just look at generic C# programming tutorials? Since you already know Unity, that part doesn't change; it's not like the Unity API is any different between languages. It's just a matter of changing the language syntax.

--Eric

3. ProjectCryken

ProjectCryken

Yeah I suppose so. Time to get to work!

4. massey_digital

massey_digital

Hey ProjectCryken,

I have a C# tutorial series that takes place in Unity that teaches most all of what you will need to know about c# programming in Unity. Check out my signature for the link to the series, or look for acem003/Acem Gaming on Youtube and then my C# playlist.

My C# series is all about programming C# in Unity starting with the very basics like how to use variables and methods, and then slowly builds upon that knowledge into more advanced topics such as using statements and dictionaries.

I think this series might be just what you are looking for, and I hope that you will check it out.
    -Drew

Unity C# Youtube Playlist : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7rVTwUzzPyJs6bfjFYRSVzOs_nnWuUqy