Search Unity

Scene Camera Tool

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Dantus, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Dantus

Dantus

The Scene Camera Tool allows you to align any camera with the active scene view. Using the scene view navigation in combination with the automatic camera synchronization simplifies and accelerates your workflows.

Camera Positioning
    Place the camera with the comfortable scene view navigation.

Level Editing
    With the scene and game view side by side, it becomes possible to edit the level and to see the in game result directly.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  2. Dantus

Dantus

mtxdeadlock likes this.
  3. paraself

paraself

Looks great...
    I was looking for the same thing but eventually end up with making it on my own by accessing "SceneView.lastActiveSceneView.camera;"
    Wondering if you are using the same approach..

4. Dantus

Dantus

Yes. That's the only way to get the correct scene camera. But it took a little more to make it user friendly at the end.

5. Dantus

Dantus

I got some feedback regarding undo functionality. Editor extension must provide undo, but for this tool it is not always optimal. I have made an update containing another toggle button, with which you can prevent the undo behaviour for the camera you have assigned.
    If anyone who purchased this package wants the update before the official release, just drop me a mail or pm with your invoice number and your email address.

6. Seith

Seith

This is a fantastic tool! I don't even know why such a functionality is not included in Unity by default. The game I'm developing right now relies heavily on camera post-effects and to be able to actually manipulate the game camera (seamlessly through the scene camera) without having to jump in-game is such a time-saver.

Anyway, great job! :)

7. Dantus

Dantus

Thanks a lot Seith!

It is good that the person who gave me this idea likes it. :)

8. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

I have to agree with Seith, this is a fantastic tool

I have always wanted to be able to see in the Game View the same that you can view in the Scene view, but obviously this is not possible because you can ONLY see what the main camera (or the choosen camera) can see and you can never MOVE the camera in game view unless you hit play

Well all this is over and a thing of the past thanks to this incredible, amazing and awesome tool that changes all this in a much powerful, friendly and very easy wonderful way

It is really very use to configure in a few seconds (as shown on the video) and then you can MOVE FREELY THE CAMERA IN GAME VIEW !!!! in the same way as you can do in the scene view, I think this is really amazing and love how it works

Thanks to this tool you can very easily see what is impossible to see on the Scene view, for example, shader effects, lighting, particles, post effects, camera effects, etc.

Thanks really very much for making this and make it so easy to use and for a very low price

9. Dantus

Dantus

I am glad you like it! Thanks for the feedback!

10. Roni92

Roni92

Is it joke? You press ctrl+ shift + f and your cam is aligned with scene view. Or I didnt understood something here :eek:

11. OnePxl

OnePxl

Yes, you misunderstood the purpose of this asset.

Dantus likes this.
  12. Dantus

Dantus

Ctrl+Shift+F and Ctrl+Alt+F are fairly limited. It is neither possible to tell Unity directly which camera should be used, nor can you achieve an interactive update.

13. Seith

Seith

This asset makes the game camera match the scene camera as you move around in real time. It's tremendously useful.

Dantus and OnePxl like this.
  14. eco_bach

eco_bach

Fully compatible with latest Unity 5.2?

15. Dantus

Dantus

Yes, it has been tested with Unity 5.2. Of course, there can always be issues. But those would be resolved as quickly as possible.