Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Intermediate Tutorials - What would you like to see

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by JohnnyA, Aug 11, 2013.

?

Which tutorial idea appeals most to you?

1. Turn Based Strategy (eventually online)

20 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. Inventory and Item System

13 vote(s)
    29.5%
  3. Platform Game

8 vote(s)
    18.2%
  4. Other (please post details)

3 vote(s)
    6.8%
  1. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

I've been planning on doing a tutorial series aimed at an intermediate audience (you would be expected to be able to navigate Unity and know general C# concepts).

I've started a few bits of sample code but have decided that before progressing further I should ask what people would most like to see. Please vote or post suggestions if you would like to see something else.

Cheers,

John A

PS The platform controller is probably the least likely due to the risk of cannibalising sales of my controller.

2. Schlumpfsack

Schlumpfsack

inventory and item please :)

3. Cameronboo

Cameronboo

Can you make car accelerometer and speedometer script tutorial also car game AI script. There are not enough tutorials about car AI like good good one

Thanks

4. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

I'm not a fan of car games so its not likely :s

At this point it looks like a turn based strategy is the favoured option, which is good because its the one I most want to do :)

5. Paniku

Paniku

This is the first time I've visited the forums after using Unity for quite a while, with finding a turn-based game tutorial specifically in mind. So, my answer of course would be a turn-based strategy game! I can set up a really buggy, messy barebones version of a TBS but I just give up on it after a while. I'd really love a tutorial on it.

If you were to make one, when do you think you'd have it up? I assume it'd be up on the site in your signature? Just want to make sure I don't miss it if you decide to make it.

6. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

7. GD-Darren

GD-Darren

Would love to see a 3rd person bow and arrow shooting tutorial with arrow physics. Like in Chivalry Medieval Warfare.

8. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

Started working on this... might be some progress (i.e part one) in the next week or so.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  9. Paniku

Paniku

Can't wait! Thanks for doing this.

10. digitaldebonaire

digitaldebonaire

Personally I can't find enough material to learn intermidiate/ advanced stuff with cameras. I am trying to make a new camera right now, It is derived from Unity's FPS camera from the standard assets. I moved the camera back a ways from the character so is 3rd person, maneuvers very similarly to Skrim on PC/Mac by following my mouse and having character movement independently controlled with buttons. I am having a painful time trying to figure out how to implement camera collisions that work decent (A tutorial on this would be golden). My camera clips through walls and if I try to apply physics elements to it (such as rigidbody) all kinds of problems arise. It would also be really cool to see a tutorial on switching cameras, like going from 3rd person to a first person zoomed in look around mode (changing camera Y axis limits while doing so too).

11. childhood

childhood

me too !! i'm looking for that since 2 months now :(