Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Blackberry plugins?

Discussion in 'BlackBerry' started by EvilDingo, Aug 6, 2013.

1. zezba9000

zezba9000

Hmm I don't have control over that, the tool used to set the price only lets me set US Dollars, I can't set conversion rates.
    If its a concern to you, I suggest talking to the Unity folks about it, maybe there is something wrong in there system.

2. SpacePixel

SpacePixel

That's a shame, does seem a tad unfair but hopefully they can look into it. Looks a great asset though and I'll be grabbing it later today.

3. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

Hey guys,

I was able to get a project working that was using bbmsp. I compiled it like this:
    arm-unknown-nto-qnx8.0.0eabi-g++ -fPIC -marm -L<Path To your BlackBerry SDK>/target_10_2_0_1155/qnx6/armle-v7/usr/lib/qt4/lib -lQtCore -lbbmsp -shared <sourcefile name>.cpp -o <your shared library name>.so

So I linked against the QtCore lib there. Next it gets a little tricky. What you need to do is modify the bar-descriptor.xml in the StagingArea directory because it defines the LD_LIBRARY_PATH that the app runs with.

<env var="LD_LIBRARY_PATH" value="$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:app/native/lib"/>
    To make it say:
    <env var="LD_LIBRARY_PATH" value="$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:app/native/lib:/usr/lib/qt4/lib"/>

After that you can repackage the application using the command line tools and deploy using the command line tools. I plan on adding a feature (hopefully soon) that will allow users to modify the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and add additional libraries to it.

4. EvilDingo

EvilDingo

5. steddyman

steddyman

Has anybody had any look making a plugin that can call functions in the bb namespace?

I am trying to create a simple Shared Library and I can get it to compile only if I don't add any functions form the bb or Q namespaces. For example I want to use InvokeManager, but when I do that it complains of QtGlobal, no such file or directory.

I've seen comments about editing the PO file, but when you just create a shared library none of that even gets created. You just have a hidden .project file and the CPP and MAK files.

This has been driving me nuts for hours :(

6. zezba9000

zezba9000

You can't link to QT libs. Its the biggest issue with making plugins for BB10. You can ONLY use Core Native C APIs.

7. steddyman

steddyman

Ah, that explains why I've spent 3 hours getting nowhere then.

Thanks for confirming that. I will look at the Core API instead.

8. steddyman

steddyman

Almost there now. Just can't seem to get it to call the functions in my library.

I have a CPP file that is compiled to libMyPluginso and placed into Plugins/Blackberry/libs. It contains a number of functions that return ints and take char *strings as parameters.

I have written the C# wrapper class for them and declared access to the functions as follows:

[DllImport("MyPlugin", EntryPoint="_MyTestFunction", CharSet=CharSet.Auto)]
    private static extern int _MyTestFunction(string message);

However, when running on the device, the call to this function always throws the following Exception:

DllNotFoundException: MyPlugin

I can't see what I am doing wrong here. I have tried removing the EntryPoint option but it makes no difference at all.

Anyone any ideas?

9. zezba9000

zezba9000

Don't make or compile a native BB10 .so lib file yourself. This is pointless when working with the Core Native APIs as they are all C methods anyway.
    You will just create more trouble then its worth. DllImport directly into the Core Native APIs instead.

10. steddyman

steddyman

I'm not sure I understand that answer, sorry.

I have written a straight CPP file with three simple functions inside an extern C function block. These functions call lots of native library methods to do their tasks and use native c parameters. I need to be able to call these function blocks I have written from C#.

Am I missing something?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  11. zezba9000

zezba9000

I was suggesting if you are trying to call Core Native APIs, then its best to just invoke them via C#.

If you are writing a C/C++ lib for other reasons:
    1) Did you put your compiled .so file in "Assets/Plugins/BlackBerry/libs/..." ?
    2) You don't need to set "CharSet=CharSet.Auto"
    3) Make sure you build as release.

12. steddyman

steddyman