If you are a professional 3D Animator / Rigger and want to get paid for working on an awesome project with 20 other people you should keep reading.
We’re Subterranean Games, an Indie studio that formed in late 2012, created a successful Kickstarter campaign, and are now looking to give our production schedule a little boost. Our game is currently featured on Steam Early Access and we’re on track for a late 2013 / early 2014 release.
Our game is a RTS Dungeon Management Game that is a spiritual successor to Dungeon Keeper. We’re building the game in Unity and will be releasing on Windows, Linux, and OSX platforms.
Here are our two main websites — where you can research our project a bit more.
About the Team & Your Commute
Our team is situated between California, New York, Spain, England, Central Europe, Russia, and Hong Kong, Australia, and New Zealand. Being a truly international team we tend to communicate through Assembla, Skype, and Mumble.
Your commute will be a few feet to a couple yards (depending on the location of your computer within your house). If you live near one of us, we could hang out, or not, depends on how entertaining you seem to be (or antisocial we are).
Aside from a few mandatory meeting hours per week you may work when you want as long as you get all of your work done.
The Nitty Gritty
This is a paid position under which you will be considered a “contractor” — work is also considered “for hire” and employment is “at will.” Pay periods are bi-weekly and you will be paid via bank transfer from the UK. You will be responsible for your own taxes and transfer fees.
- Animating characters
- Thorough understanding of the technical aspects of animation
- Ability to contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of the game art and production
- Ability to set an example for all team members by regularly demonstrating strong work ethics, quality of work, teamwork, motivation, and solid leadership
- Maintain effective and strong working relationships with managers and coworkers
- Knowledge of other disciplines with 3D art, including modeling, special effects, lighting, and rendering
- Ability and willingness to animate in a variety of styles
Skills and Qualifications
- Proficient in Maya Keyframe Animation
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Ability to work quickly without sacrificing quality
- Ability and willingness to accept and follow direction, collaborate productively with others, and work to meet deadlines as necessary
- Work samples required
Exceptional Applicants Will Have the Following
- Knowledge and experience with rigging
- Passion for Dungeon Management and RTS games
- Have at least one really good joke to tell us once we “hire” you.
How to Apply & The Application Process
To apply please link or attach your resume/CV and include recent examples of your work. We will review and evaluate all candidates that apply.
Email the above to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once our Animation Lead has chosen the best candidates we’ll get in touch with them via email, at which point you may be asked to perform what should be a simple test.
Compensation and work schedule will be discussed after we’re all happy with your work and you’re happy with us. This is also a great time for you to start asking us questions.
Lastly, thanks for your interest. My name is David and I look forward to hearing from you.
p.s. If you PM me your resume, or use any form of contact outside of the aforementioned avenue you will not receive a response.