Search Unity

No Blackberry Device

Discussion in 'BlackBerry' started by GenericGame, Jul 30, 2013.

1. GenericGame

GenericGame

I do not have a blackberry device. In the setup instructions posted in this forum's sticky, it's indicated that you need to supply a device PIN for testing purposes. No device, no BlackBerry PIN. Is this step required before uploading?

2. iossif

iossif

the pin is not needed for the device, it is needed for the codesign process. i don't know why they call it pin... it is a normal passphrase you can set when generating your key pairs.

3. GenericGame

GenericGame

sorry, i don't mean in the registration section. In the Debug section, it's asking for a Blackberry PIN, which is quite different than your regular PIN# which I believe you are referring to. I used blackberries for over 6 years before they went to the wayside, every blackberry has a unique PIN associated with it.

4. GenericGame

GenericGame

in the following instructions from this page which I read as required steps to configure Unity for BlackBerry: http://docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/Manual/bb10-setup.html

Step #4 states:
    "Create a debug Token: A debug token is required to deploy to any Blackberry devices. In Player Settings->BlackBerry->Publishing Settings find Debug Token. Then select Create."

Maybe what they meant to say was, if you want to test the application locally? What I'm reading here is that all published games need to have a PIN# setup in debug?

5. iossif

iossif

ah now i understand what you mean.

i did skip those points because i have no BB test device at the moment. but i was able to sign and upload a .bar file to the developer center without that pin.

6. TuesdayNinja

TuesdayNinja

Unity Technologies

Hey guys,

Your device PIN is located on your phone under Settings/About/Category/Hardware. Go there and it's right at the top of the menu. It's a unique alphanumeric 8-digit key for each phone.

7. daisySa

daisySa

I've registered with Blackberry at https://www.blackberry.com/SignedKeys/codesigning.html. I've generated a PIN and downloaded the .csk file but I haven't received an email with the two .csj files attached.

Anyone else had this issue?

Apart from this, I'm all set to go: I have BB10 Pro, I've been accepted as a vendor and I've entered the draft details - I just need to upload the binary, and I need the .csj files for the build.

8. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

How long have you been waiting? If you don't receive an e-mail within 24 hours with the two files you may need to request another pair.

9. Extrawurst

Extrawurst

For me it ended up in SPAM on gmail ;)

10. daisySa

daisySa

Thanks all, I have the files now (thanks Spacefrog!). However, I'm getting this error during the build. Has anyone else experienced this?

Error: Bar file must have .bar extension: 60

I have Build Type set to Signed and Development Build checked.

11. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

What operating system are you using? When you select build run from the build settings menu what are you naming your output file?

12. daisySa

daisySa

I'm using Mac OS X 10.8.4. I'm using Build, and specifying the game's name with .bar appended (i.e. "60 Seconds To Doom.bar"). It seems to complete the build process but then it displays this message, and I can't find a .bar file:

Error: Bar file must have .bar extension: 60
    UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

I can't use Build Run because I don't have a Blackberry, so I can't specify a device address and password. If I select Build Run, I get this message:

Author Id, Device Address and Device Password must all be set in order to use Build and Run
    UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

Any help much appreciated!

13. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

Ah! Okay I was able to reproduce your issue. The spaces in your bar file name are causing the problem. This is a bug so please submit a bug report against this and I'll make sure it gets fixed!

In the mean time if you name your bar file something like "60_Seconds_To_Doom" it will work.

14. _Max_

_Max_

Did you read the original posters first post???
    He is saying he does not have a physical phone.
    Not sure how you missed this..

15. daisySa

daisySa

Fantastic, many thanks Alex, I can build the .bar file now. I'll submit a bug report right after I post this.

I'm now running into an issue trying to upload the .bar:

Bar is not RDK signed Bar is not AUTHOR signed This bar contains unsigned entries which have not been integrity-checked.

I saw a couple of other people here got the same error, but it's not clear how they resolved it. If anyone knows, please let me know!

Edit: Bug report is at https://fogbugz.unity3d.com/default.asp?558470_2m46b947jvufgk3j

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  16. wana7262

wana7262

i got Error: Unknown protocol : e HELP PLEASE I CANT BUILD .bar

17. Grespon

Grespon

Hi,
    Anyone knows how to build and run to the BlackBerry Simulator ?

18. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

BlackBerry simulator is currently unsupported. Sorry :-(

19. Grespon

Grespon

Hi Alex,
    So, is there a way we can build a bar file to submit to Blackberry without a real device?

20. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

yes, if you click build from the build settings window it will output a .bar file that you can submit.

21. Grespon

Grespon

Thanks Alex,

I was able to submit the game to Vendor Portal. Not sure if it will work though..

I was having troubles getting the .csj files. This doc seems to be wrong. We need to choose the second option when registering, right?

22. WaterlooErik

WaterlooErik

That's right Grespon. We've recently added BlackBerry ID authentication to code signing and the options changed slightly on the web form. Currently BBID signing the first option when requesting code signing keys but Unity does not support that method yet:
    https://www.blackberry.com/SignedKeys/codesigning.html

You'll want to use the 2nd "For BlackBerry PlayBook apps..." option as highlighted in this image:

$Untitled.jpg

23. MarceloBarce

MarceloBarce

Anyone know how to solve this annoying issue? I'm getting the same error.

24. sampson3333

sampson3333

I click the build button, but I can't find the .bar file, help me.

25. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

What OS are you guys using? Are you seeing the unknown protocol error when you click "Build Run" or just "Build" from the player settings window?

26. sampson3333

sampson3333

I use unity3d in windows7 x64 os, nothing error, I choose "signed submission" and auto signature "Yes", I click "build" then show my documents"c:\user\myname\", I can't find my product.bar file.

27. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

Is it possible that you're working behind a proxy server?

28. sampson3333

sampson3333

I can build it on mac os X, but it fails to launch. In win7 no way.