Search Unity

Getting Started with BlackBerry Development

Discussion in 'BlackBerry' started by Aurore, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Aurore

Aurore

Director of Real-Time Learning

2. spacefrog

spacefrog

Is the first codesigning step still working for anybody ?
    https://www.blackberry.com/SignedKeys/codesigning.html

As soon as i try to fill out the form at https://www.blackberry.com/SignedKeys/codesigning.html and activate the first checkbox for BB10/NDK etc. deployment, i get kicked to my BlackberryID login and after that to a BlackBerry ID token generator page...

This lets me generate a *.csk file, which i did several times already, but there seems to be no we to get those emails for the two CSJ files. Looks like Blackberry has changed their webpage structure in that department, no ?

Could anybody experienced with this validate that im wrong/right ?

3. daisySa

daisySa

Yes, that's the exact same issue I'm getting. Hope someone can resolve it!

4. spacefrog

spacefrog

Hi Daisy
    I got a response to this problem on the blackberry dev forum

Apparently we can use the SECOND checkbox option to get those .csj files ( which they call "the old method" )
    Indeed i was able to fill out the form and am awaiting those csj email now

UPDATE:

And there i recieved those files, 30 minuts after requesting ;-)
    Eagerly going to test now ...

Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  5. daisySa

daisySa

Fantastic, many thanks spacefrog! That's solved my issue too, I've now received an email from Blackberry saying that my .csj files will be arriving within the next 30 minutes.

Cheers - that's a nice start to the weekend. :)

6. Darjamfar

Darjamfar

I'm following the Blackberry "Setting up Unity to Build to Your Blackberry10 Device". I've registered with BB ordered and received my "BlackBerry OS 7.x" and "Lower Code Signing Registration Information" files, an RRT, RCR, RBB, RDK and PBDT (how complicated is this ?). I've entered my details into the panel when you tap "Register" under "RIM Signing Authority" and I press OK but nothing updates. The backup button is greyed out so I tried it again and nothing.

I tried looking at the code signing help but that page has never been a help page. A mass of spaghetti questions, frankly I don't know what help I need.
    The thought has occurred that I may need a Z10 device to do this ? Or could someone point out my folly.

Thanks

7. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

it looks like you selected the wrong code signing files. The one you wanted was the 2nd one or:

For BlackBerry PlayBook apps developed using BlackBerry WebWorks, BlackBerry NDK, or AIR - AND - For BlackBerry 10 apps developed using BlackBerry WebWorks, or the BlackBerry 10.2 Beta SDK or earlier

You will receive two files. Then it should work. Let me know if you're still having problems.

8. chandu125

chandu125

Hi Friends,
    Is there any unity plugin for integrating ads into games other than blackberry advertising servicve.Present i am using bbads revinue is $0.let me know is there any possibility ad network for blackberry....

9. Brain_Box123

Brain_Box123

i really need this info myself anyone?

10. Honest

Honest

So any comments on this? how the hell do we upload certificate in Unity ??

Attached Files:

11. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

I'm not sure if I understand your question? Are you trying to register your system with blackberry in order to acquire a debug token to use for development?

12. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Why don't you have a read around the net and some of the guides on here.
    Its clear your new to BB development so reading some stuff may help you first.

13. Honest

Honest

Hi,

We'll yes, I have iOS and Android unity game already done and ready just want to export them for bb10 but I never expected such a mess.
    First, for signing bb app I used token and development certificate of p12 file that I get from bb id and Momentics.. while Unity ask for keys that require old bb platform. OK, I got those keys, register and now I can see in Publishing settings "Yes" with Register note. But after I build bar and tried to upload it to bb world and I got error about public id don't match and within Unity I have error too about keys.. What to do? However I didn't upload debug token to Unity as it's release build not development.

14. Honest

Honest

I read all and over and there is no where explains how to sign an app in Unity because Unity requires bb keys to register. Keys? There are no keys any more only token and certificate right? Anyway I got keys asking for old platform and register but again my build never succeed as for some error about public id and keys signing within unity. Il post a screenshot later. I would really welcome somebody help, I would even pay just for somebody to build me release build as this unity/bb stuff is way from straightforward :) Can anybody comment these settings and error ?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  15. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

Your editor is currently saying that you are not registered. Did you go through the registration method that involved downloading a pbdt and rdk file?

16. Honest

Honest

Yes I did, but registration method that involved downloading a pbdt and rdk file is for old bb plaftorm OS7. Right? I dont see point registrating Unity with old keys that have nothing to do with bb10 platform and .bar files. As with BB id we get token and certificate p.12 files.
    Anyway I did that with request of old keys,now its says Registrated "Yes" anyway I still get same error about certificate chain not found and so on..

17. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

It says in your screenshot Registered - No
    You need to do some steps as per instructions on the BlackBerry site, this has nothing to do with Unity, once you got the correct files downloaded and you have a BlackBerry account setup correctly, then its a matter of importing Unity. Also you cannot build anything unless you have a physical BlackBerry phone to test on or special BlackBerry emulators. So the debug certificate means nothing if you dont plan to test on actual device/simulator

18. Honest

Honest

It says in my screenshot but later I did register and now say "Yes". I will post screenshot once I get back on Mac later today. Why nobody comment bloody keys , bb keys as part of signing Blackberry with Unity, its no sense... as this has nothing to do with BB10 development its for old bb OS7 platform and Unity requires pbdt and rdk file?! Why? I will post screenshot later today because I have set Player to Signed Build, I have register Unity because it say "yes" under publishing settings and still .bar file is invalid, I will put infos from my manifest file later. One question more, do I have to first make a product on BB Vendor and then import something from it in Unity or project settings ,like budne id or something? On Vendor portal I am able to upload bar file when creating new product.

UPDATE: I eventiuall crated succesfully bar file from Unity and my app is waiting for review from Blackberry team. I just want to point out one very stupid thing about archiving bar file from Unity. Once you setup all correctly (upload keys and you have p12 certificate in Rim folder on your Mac or Pc) you have to make your product name in UNITY DONT HAVE BLANK SPACES and once bar file is created and you have to save it make sure your bar file HAS NO EMPTY SPACES in name..it means is your game is to call Space Jump ,well no you cannot call it like that it has to be SpaceJump!? I think Unity should correct that.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  19. Honest

Honest

I have setup all correctly , but I get this error when I try to launch app in simulator.
    " Screenshot at Feb 28 20-49-08.png Screenshot at Feb 28 20-55-04.png Error: Failed to create application process: Exec format error"

20. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

Hey all I just wanted to point out that in Unity 5 the newer BlackBerry registration system is supported. No need to go through the BB 7 method of getting the pbdt and rdk files to register your system.

I will work on getting the documentation updated.

Honest likes this.
  21. Honest

Honest

Great. Thank you.

22. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

Another nice feature I added in 5.0 is the "Add connected device" when editing debug tokens. As long as you have the device ip and password set in the player settings you no longer need to go into the About/Hardware page to find the device number for the debug token. Unity does that part for you now. :)

Honest likes this.