Search Unity

[fighting game] Kinetic Damage [Released]

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by n0mad, Mar 18, 2009.

?

Which real martial art would you love to master ?

1. Muay Thai

54 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. Ninjutsu

76 vote(s)
    21.7%
  3. Taekwondo

35 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Tai Chi Chuan / Qi Gong Jin

22 vote(s)
    6.3%
  5. Jeet Kun Do

30 vote(s)
    8.6%
  6. Pencak Silat

8 vote(s)
    2.3%
  7. Boxing

22 vote(s)
    6.3%
  8. Shaolin Kung Fu

77 vote(s)
    22.0%
  9. I don't like martial arts / fighting games

26 vote(s)
    7.4%
  1. kereyroper

kereyroper

Hi Ben,

I just contacted you via the web form you have on your website. The short summary is that we are looking to use a third-party fighting game engine to speed up development of a game we are working on. Check your inbox! :)

2. n0mad

n0mad

Replied :)

3. toto2003

toto2003

hello nomad
    i was following you for quite some time, i was wondering how s thing s going, hope you re getting fine , are you planning to keep on working on kinetic damage for android? or start something new?

cheers

4. n0mad

n0mad

Hey toto, thanks for coming by :]
    Based on iOS rating and reviews, Kinetic Damage has been a critical success, but didn't make it enough to financially support a quick evolution like I wished it would. I'm still working on it, but not 7/7 anymore due to inevitable time constraints.

Now for the news :
    * I will submit an update this week that will crank up the difficulty a bit more and support iOS Game Controller, and after that will still continue to work on multiplayer.
    * multiplayer's future is still uncertain at the moment, for backend reasons. I need top notch servers to support such a quick action, and the only financially viable solution I got right now is to use Apple gamecenter, which has been told to be horribly slow.
    * I'm planning to release Kinetic Damage on Android in the coming monthes, in a Full Free version, supported by ads. iOS will follow such a model shortly after.
    * This summer, I will start to contact some studios to see if any is interested to pump up the project to a higher ground. One year after release seems to be a good momentum.

Anyway, Android is still planned to be released indeed :]
    Cheers

Last edited: May 6, 2014
  5. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

This is exactly what I am doing for mine! I have a larger project i was working on, but to quickly establish myself, i decided to build a simpler game first!

And Honestly, this REEKS of awesomeness! I am actually, ironically, building a fighter as well, but mine takes a slightly different concept: it's going 3D instead of the two-dimensional plane that a lot of fighting games have (Like Super Smash Bros. Brawl, DeadOrAlive, and those arcade hits of the 90s)

And good luck on porting to consoles! I am hoping to port to console someday too... :D And i agree with coding multi-player: my code's a monster!

EDIT: I will say one thing though: my "smaller" project is the brawling game... :D

Last edited: May 19, 2014
  6. aldrich_yan

aldrich_yan

Wonderful game and develop experience~;)
    Thanks for sharing~

7. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Upon examining your situation I would possibly suggest:

1. a spin off game with the same fighters, just new backgrounds and textures. Give some "edition" title or whatever and tweak the mechanics slightly. Basically a new flavour.

2. Make it free, but watching a full screen ad with Unity ads could unlock a new fighter. This should only occur every few hours and could unlock abilities as well. Generally people watch a vid ad to unlock a bit more. See the unity crossy road blog posting for more on this business model.

This could be rather successful as a free fighting franchise in this manner, there is a gap in the market for it. Not for paid in an era of big boys :)

8. Rinoa_Heartilly

Rinoa_Heartilly

wow you're so hard working and this game is really big so admirable

9. n0mad

n0mad

Been a while since I didn't connect ! I just took some kind of gamedev vacation :)
    Anyway, just to announce that this week, after 3 years of release, I'm permanently offering Kinetic Damage to anyone by setting the price to free ! Hope you'll enjoy :)

RavenOfCode and KRGraphics like this.