Unity Community

View Poll Results: Which real martial art would you love to master ?

Voters
437. You may not vote on this poll
  • Muay Thai

71 16.25%
  • Ninjutsu

87 19.91%
  • Taekwondo

44 10.07%
  • Tai Chi Chuan / Qi Gong Jin

28 6.41%
  • Jeet Kun Do

39 8.92%
  • Pencak Silat

11 2.52%
  • Boxing

30 6.86%
  • Shaolin Kung Fu

99 22.65%
  • I don't like martial arts / fighting games

28 6.41%
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

1. Location
    Paris
    Thank you Dakta

2. Location
    Paris
    Level 2 of 8.

Station Spatiale de France, restaurant.

During the last 10 years preceding this era, space travelling got totally vulgarized. Big transport companies built their own orbital stations, in order to give unique views during short stays.

Here is the main France complex.
    Its restaurant offers various specialities, in a cosy ambience.

We can see a busy waitress going here and there, serving an already full room, while we assist in a sunset.

This place is one of the most rubbed spots by powerful businessmen, and therefore drew the attention of the most passionate ones concerning organized fighting.Then it is not surprising to find the resort among the scenes of the Kinetic Damage tournament.

The architectural choice was directed towards a glass structure in order to extrapolate the sensation of floating in space.

The toroidal shape allows the restaurant to energize the main lines composing the image.

Here we go, screenshots below.

(Next level : Trans-Pacific Hovertrain.)
    Attached Images    

3. Posts
    Nice work, really! The last screenshot reminds me of Another World somehow.

Just one suggestion, something i noticed when looking at the 3-screenshots post a bit further up ... i think the first ones with the 3D background. I noticed that visual contrast isn't too high, especially the trousers of the fighters and the street are nearly the same greyish color. Maybe you can improve on that. I'm not a beat 'em up player or artist but i can imagine that visual clarity and being able to easily distinguish characters from background is probably one of the important visual aspects of these games.

Anyway i think it's great to see a game progressing so keep posting the updates!

4. Location
    Paris
    Thank you very much for your cheering and advices

Yes, I found the main chars shaders to be too simple, I'll create specific shaders to make them more catchy.

5. Location
    Paris
    3rd level done.

Transpacific Hovertrain.

In the late 2040's, recent discoveries in science allowed incredibly fast modification of water molecules by magnetic fields micro bombing. The result just made water hovering possible.

The Transpacific Hovertrain is a waypoint driven public vehicle, crossing the Pacific Ocean to deliver its passengers to beautiful destinations, hovering the Blue between incredible places like Bora-Bora, Fiji islands or Honolulu.

Our scene takes place on the roof of the train, at the constant speed of 600 km/h, protected by a force field to avoid air friction wipeout.
    From time to time, you'll see yourself be ingested by cliffs, crossing through the heart of one of the virgin islands around.

Your fighter do have the whole 60 meters length of the train to choose his/her position, and will be carefully followed by the KD channel's cameras and its white aircraft.

Movement and variety are important in this scenery, so you will never see the same background, as the isles topography and length are randomly generated.

Now let the speed boil your blood in a raging battle.
    Attached Images    

6. Location
    Paris
    - Ninja update -
    The sky was feeling a bit lonely, so I added scrolling clouds

Next level :

Los Angeles Business Center ruins.
    Attached Images  

7. Location
    Paris
    4th level done.

Business Center Ruins, Los Angeles.

In the late 2030, while the worldwide peace had reached a perfect equilibrium, small terrorism organizations were continuing to crawl in the dark.
    One of them, the brazilian Direitos Humanos Agora, couldn't take it anymore with growing corporations taking over each country's own political hierarchy.

So they've done the unfixable. They blew up L.A., one of the most powerful corporations crossroad in the world, with a custom Antimatter bomb.

Nowadays, ruins have been investigated by neo-punk communities, finding salvation in this no man's land.

Antimatter has left a permanent storm over here, growling over some weird green thick fog.

The action takes place over a bridge, letting a dominating view over the ruins.

Well, I will now switch to the core of the game : fighting.
    4 classes of fighters are planned to be completed in the next working row.

Incoming : the Tactician.

As another annoucement, I'm happy to let you know that a friend of mine, who actually released some popular high rated Nine Inch Nails remixes, will create some of the soundtracks.

You can find him as "buckbottleneck" on the remix page of NIN official site.
    Attached Images    

8. Location
    Brazil
    Nice work n0mad.

Any updates? hehe
    --

Beneton

9. Location
    Paris
    Quote Originally Posted by beneton
    Nice work n0mad.

Any updates? hehe
    Hi Beneton

Thank you for your interest !

Well, many water has passed under the bridge since this last level, including really exciting stuff :

- I established a contact with a huge musical artist : General MIDI. Thanks to their opened mind, they would be interested in having one of their track in the game. This is currently in discussion, but that's even great so far.
    Which made me want to finally, if my budget is enough, put other huge artists in the soundtrack, just like Need for Speed series.
    I will try to contact the followings : Plump DJs, Stanton Warriors, Spor, State of Mind, Future Sound of London, BT, and Rennie Pilgrem. They are all BreakBeat / Drum and Bass very well know artists, and I hope their awesome work could find a place in Kinetic Damage. One part of the deal would be to offer an iTunes link to their albums, ingame.

- Another friend of mine, who is really talented and professional, will join the soundtrack adventure too.
    PsycheDarkTrancia is his scene name. He produces very clean goa / psytrance tracks.

- I reserved a domain name, www.kineticdamage.com, to later put game help & presentation.
    I also locked the iTunes name reservation.

- Now concerning the game itself, I implemented camera moves, hit tests, combos, special move detection, and adjusted hit timings. This is to ensure that mechanisms between one strike and one hit are correctly balanced.

For this, I wrote a frametime table (see attached file*), putting an effort on precision.

This will make each fighter's gameplay feel different, some being slow but powerful, some fast to launch a strike but longer to recover, some others really fast but not so powerful, etc ...

That working method is inspired by Capcom's Street Fighter frametables, of course.

- I also worked on a major optimization : now the game is running at 50 fps on 3GS. I expect to have an average 30 fps on 3G by replacing 3D background by a flat picture.

- Actually, I'm working on every aspect of one class : the Tactician. Full info about it will be released when it will be over. By every aspect, I mean : CPU AI, mechanisms, quality control, special moves, and special talents. I consider it will be finished next month.

Well, here we go

I'll post a video of the Tactician when it will be done.

Thank you again for your attention, it drives me to put higher efforts.

Cheers

(sidenote : if anybody want to play some fights on Street Fighter 4, my XBox Live gamertag is Coolfusi0n. Fei-Long user here, but as I'm in G1 and there's nobody there, I will prefer to play friendly matches)

* frametable screenshot :
    Attached Images  

10. Location
    Portland, OR
    Nice work. The screenshots look quite good.

I have one question though, how are you exporting rigged meshes with animation out of C4D with the edge break data intact?

If you see this thread here http://forum.unity3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=37241

some other people were complaining and no one figured it out, could you post a tutorial of the export process or how you managed to do it?

11. Location
    Paris
    Hello Rygoody,

thank you for your comment.

Concerning the edge work, I actually don't check it. In fact I tried to import a first model in Unity, and was satisfied of its looking, so I continued without phong checking

I'm pleased with the result so far (considering char textures aren't even finalized yet).

12. Location
    Paris
    Hey, I forgot to expose the final HUD version, so here it is
    Attached Images  

13. Location
    Paris
    Just a quick message to say that that I received the first soundtracks from the Sound Designer, and they're awesome.

Dark, dirty, crawlish but punchy ambiences are there. Cyberpunk meets a fighting game.
    I'm not an easy picker in term of music, but these tracks just fit perfectly.

I hope I'll be able to provide some samples soon.

Anyway, the soundtrack will be available in a full album when the game will be released.

14. Location
    Paris
    The game is still building up, but on the code side, which is why there was no real thread update since a long time.

Although, I started producing char textures lately.

Here is the one which inaugurated my new Wacom Cintiq 12WX pen tablet

Basically, player will be able to choose his equipment (arms, legs, torso, head), plus his ethnic origins, hair color, size and corpulence.
    But his basic equipment is "totally naked"
    (Naked fighting ?!)
    Attached Images  

15. Location
    Belgium,West-Vlaanderen
    doesn't the guy misses something important :P?

16. Location
    Paris
    Haha you devil :P

Well in fact, the final version will have underpants, to avoid forbidding the game to the kids

17. Location
    Belgium,West-Vlaanderen
    Quote Originally Posted by n0mad
    Haha you devil :P

Well in fact, the final version will have underpants, to avoid forbidding the game to the kids
    Can't wait to play it

18. Location
    Paris
    Female model.
    (yes, female fighters generally aren't skinny )
    Attached Images  

19. Location
    Paris
    Finalized my main rig system, which now lets me unleash some very acrobatic movements.

Here is a short sample of what animating a fighting character looks like over my desk
    Attached Images  

20. Location
    japan
    the pose look good and convincing , i guess you have an encyclopedie of fighting ref ^^.

Let us see some short clip of them in action when you can

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast