Unity Community

View Poll Results: Which real martial art would you love to master ?

Voters
435. You may not vote on this poll
  • Muay Thai

71 16.32%
  • Ninjutsu

86 19.77%
  • Taekwondo

44 10.11%
  • Tai Chi Chuan / Qi Gong Jin

28 6.44%
  • Jeet Kun Do

39 8.97%
  • Pencak Silat

10 2.30%
  • Boxing

30 6.90%
  • Shaolin Kung Fu

99 22.76%
  • I don't like martial arts / fighting games

28 6.44%
Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

1. Location
    Paris
    Quote Originally Posted by pandabear00x View Post
    Still awaiting this

When do you think it will be released?
    Hi ! And thanks for your interest

I will submit the game in the end of December, so it arrives on the appstore at the start of January, right after the Christmas promotion madness
    I'm also compiling a whole fresh trailer right now, will submit it to youtube in a few minutes ^^

About the game : actually only is left a few multiplayer routines to pack up, but I'm waiting for Alljoyn (the Qualcomm device discovery solution) to be released for Unity iOS to continue. They plan to release it before end of year. I created a thread on their forum to check every day when the package is coming out. If it takes too long, I will fall back to my own system.
    The advantage of this framework over mine is that you wouldn't have to be connected to any Wifi hotspot to find other players. Right now with my homebrew system, you have to connect to a hotspot, as I didn't have the network knowledge (and time) to create a multiplatform Wifi adhoc solution.

But as you'll soon see in the forthcoming trailer, everything is going on very well
    Last edited by n0mad; 11-29-2012 at 04:39 PM.

2. Location
    North Carolina
    You sir are an inspiration to all of us indie game developers. I applaud your dedication and the game just looks gorgeous. I believe if you really tried you could compete with some of the big name fighting games (and you should try if this is as successful as I believe it could be). Once again, major props sir and may the wealth (both monetary and spiritual) flow your way!

3. Posts
    Everything looks great but I couldn't help but notice no mention of Android Any release timeline for the Android release?

4. Location
    Paris
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Darkshayde View Post
    You sir are an inspiration to all of us indie game developers. I applaud your dedication and the game just looks gorgeous. I believe if you really tried you could compete with some of the big name fighting games (and you should try if this is as successful as I believe it could be). Once again, major props sir and may the wealth (both monetary and spiritual) flow your way!
    Those are very kind words, thank you a lot, Lord Darkshayde
    I hope you will have as much fun to play Kinetic Damage as I had to build it.
    /bow

Quote Originally Posted by MABManZ View Post
    Everything looks great but I couldn't help but notice no mention of Android Any release timeline for the Android release?
    Hi Mab, don't worry, the project is still ready to be launched on Android, but as I don't have an official date for iOS yet (around start of January for sure), and since I want to see how well it works on iOS first, I didn't want to mention Android in the trailer. I will redo one when it launches on iOS, with a precise date (as Google allows us to set the release date, unlike Apple).
    There will be no need for additional work, as my workspace is on PC, therefore Android natively ^^
    It should follow the iOS release very closely, like a matter of a few weeks.
    To tell you how much I'm intending to release it on Android : the platform is the reason why I'm waiting for Qualcomm's Alljoyn Unity framework to be released, or I would have used Prime 31's iOS device discovery solution
    With Alljoyn, an iOS device would be able to play against an Android one (well, this is also possible with my current homebrew solution, but you have to connect to a hotspot first, which sucks imo :/)

But right now there is so much demand on Android for KD, that don't worry, I will release it on the Google platform
    Last edited by n0mad; 11-30-2012 at 04:05 AM.

5. Location
    San Francisco
    An amazing trailer. The combination of the fight scenes, UI, features, and music make it very powerful. Great job!

6. Location
    Rome / Niš
    Watching all the trailer and all the stuff you put together, I have to say that now the thing that impresses me most is not the fighting anymore. Instead, it's the incredible amount of content! There's more stuff in there than in any AAA fighting game ever made! I bow to that, and good luck

::::: GOSCURRY - a hard game :::::

I am DEMIGIANT
    HOTween : a fast, type-safe, and powerful Unity tween engine
    HOTools - HOUnityLibs

7. Location
    Paris
    Thank you guys ! Love your support

Hey that trailer just pushed Kinetic Damage to IndieDB's top 100 :O
    http://www.indiedb.com/games/top

8. Location
    Paris
    Incredible news that I didn't suspect at all :

Kinetic Damage is running very smoothly on iPhone 3GS (30fps).
    Seems like these years of obsessive technical optimizations are finally paying of.

9. Location
    Paris
    I also finally rehauled the horrible site that was www.kineticdamage.com .
    Now it's presentable

Just curious, did you have to fix anything Unity wise to get the game fitting on the iPhone 5's bigger screen ?

11. Location
    Paris
    Quote Originally Posted by Tae View Post
    Just curious, did you have to fix anything Unity wise to get the game fitting on the iPhone 5's bigger screen ?
    Using a mix of [Screen.width/Screen.height] (for personal scripts) and NGUI, so the game is adapting to every resolution

12. Location
    Boston, Ma
    Quote Originally Posted by n0mad View Post
    kick ass dude!!!

13. Location
    Paris
    - "Kinetic Damage features a futuristic visual style and some brilliant animation work."

Thank you Droidgamers

http://www.droidgamers.com/index.php...arly-next-year

_____

Some news !

- Created a new game mechanic : Dashing Forward interrupt. This will be Kinetic Damage's very own builtin counter More info ingame

- Finished the network synchronization during fights, now I can say we're a couple of weeks away from submission
    Last edited by n0mad; 12-27-2012 at 03:18 AM.

14. Location
    Paris
    I wish you all a happy new year

Name:  HappyNewYear1.png
Views: 314
Size:  252.1 KB

Name:  HappyNewYear2.png
Views: 271
Size:  235.0 KB

Name:  HappyNewYear3.png
Views: 266
Size:  275.3 KB
    Last edited by n0mad; 01-01-2013 at 08:43 AM.

15. Location
    Boston, Ma
    I wish you all a happy new year

Name:  HappyNewYear1.png
Views: 314
Size:  252.1 KB

Name:  HappyNewYear2.png
Views: 271
Size:  235.0 KB

Name:  HappyNewYear3.png
Views: 266
Size:  275.3 KB
    This is KICK ASS WORK.... and Happy New Year to you as well...

16. Location
    Paris
    Quote Originally Posted by Neptune_Imaging View Post
    This is KICK ASS WORK.... and Happy New Year to you as well...
    Thank you Kashif Wish you the best !

17. Location
    Boston, Ma
    Thank you Kashif Wish you the best !
    Same with you... you have been my biggest inspiration for 2011-2012

18. Posts
    very impressive, dude!

Are you working alone on this project?
    Overly-ambitious tank game, people will bow to it!

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast