Unity Community

View Poll Results: Which real martial art would you love to master ?

Voters
437. You may not vote on this poll
  • Muay Thai

71 16.25%
  • Ninjutsu

87 19.91%
  • Taekwondo

44 10.07%
  • Tai Chi Chuan / Qi Gong Jin

28 6.41%
  • Jeet Kun Do

39 8.92%
  • Pencak Silat

11 2.52%
  • Boxing

30 6.86%
  • Shaolin Kung Fu

99 22.65%
  • I don't like martial arts / fighting games

28 6.41%
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

1. Location
    Paris
    Hello wadoman

I'm using a classic workflow :

paper sketches -> cinema 4D -> FBX export -> Unity

All the animations are handmade, no mocap, aiming at full realtime 3D.

I appreciate your video request
    As I've finished 2 characters "normal" moves, there will be a WIP video very soon (less than a month) to show it in (early) action.

Cheers

2. Location
    Orlando, FL.
    Great. I look forward to it.

Good Luck
    If it doesn't hurt you didn't try hard enough!
    Unity Pro + Unity iPhone Pro + Unity Android

3. Location
    Paris
    Thank you very much

4. Location
    NY

Fighting Game

I like the concept and I especially like the buttons to hit punch and kick. Looks good

5. Location
    Paris
    Thanks

In fact this HUD version will be totally revamped, with much more color cohesion and scene visibility.
    The HP bars will disappear too, replaced by an icon for a new game mechanic in a fighting game, I can't speak of it yet

Overall, the buttons will be entirely movable and resizeable by the user, so everybody can have his own HUD (little fingers != big fingers). :P

A screenshot next week.

6. Location
    NY

Fighting game

Nice can't wait to see the finished product..

7. Location
    California
    This is a stupid question... does it work for iPod Touches? I want it! Looks great and simple HUD too. The buttons look good, easy to use, and who doesn't like insane tae kwan doe (did i spell that right?) moves? Anyways, good good good good good jobb.
    Inspiration has yet to strike, but in the meantime, why not some WiiFit?

boomaster

8. Location
    Alabama
    Quote Originally Posted by boomaster
    This is a stupid question... does it work for iPod Touches? I want it! Looks great and simple HUD too. The buttons look good, easy to use, and who doesn't like insane tae kwan doe (did i spell that right?) moves? Anyways, good good good good good jobb.
    I'm 99% sure that every game available for the iphone is also available for the itouch.

9. Location
    Paris
    Hello guys !

Yes it will work on iPod Touch, indeed

Thank you very much for your support, it's great, really great. And every time I feel such interest, it just gives me 10 times more motivation to bring you great things.

Overall, there will be 8 classes, each one practicing a sport :

- Taekwondo
    - Muay Thai
    - Krav Maga & Penjak Silat
    - Qi Gong Jin & Tai Chi Chuan
    - Boxing & Street Fighting
    - Jeet Kun Do
    - Shorinji Kempo
    - Ninjutsu

10. Location
    Paris
    Ladies and Gentlemen, here is the first Alpha ingame screenshot.

The HUD will be different, but it can show what will be the overall artwork type of the game.

edit : Damn I'm so excited ... The more results are showing, the more I'm putting efforts in it. I hope everybody will enjoy this game.
    Attached Images  

11. Location
    Orlando, FL.
    Hey congrates man! Your doing a great job. I can't wait to play I really like the fact you have this thread so we can follow along with your progress. It's very inspiring.

I think you have a good thing going on this one. There aren't very many good 3D fighting games out there. So is this your first game attempt?

I'm trying to get my game movin, but it's so hard when my schooling keeps me so busy. If it wasn't for school I would be working on it everyday.

Anyway I can't wait to see some video.

12. Location
    Paris
    Thank you Wadoman

It is not my first game attempt, but my first to-the-end attempt :P
    And I swear I will make it to the end !

I feel you about gamemaking passing over daily duties ... But even if I know than iPhone solo gamedev could be more cash rewarding than any average dayjob, I'm conscious that it couldn't last as long.
    And I would miss the social experiment, badly ...

Anyway !

Now that the actual release can show a decent action, I will post a video in the next weeks.

Cheers !
    And good luck to you for your game

13. Location
    Paris
    Well, sorry for the blurry bad quality of the vid, but my actual camera is lame at close-ups.

So here is just a quick video to show how responsive controls can be on iPhone, at least enough for a fighting game.

video

More serious gameplay vids coming soon.

14. Location
    Orlando, FL.
    HOly Cow! man that is looking nice! Animations are looking very smooth and the response is fast. You gonna do well with this man.

So how are you handling the collisions with the strikes? Colliders attached to hands and feet? That would be my first thought.

well done and thanks for the video

15. Location
    Paris
    Hey wado

Thanks for the cheering !

Actually, I'm precisely in this hit collision developpment, and I'm not yet decided about what to choose between :

- attaching boxColliders to each members (arms, legs, feet, hands, head, torso) and let the PhysX onTrigger handle the job. This can work very well, as I modeled the animations in a very precise way, to let every move hit right in the stomach, or the leg, or the head, etc.

It's already implemented in this demo, so it's not hitting perfs. But I'm afraid about some unexpected missing shots on certain particular move combinations.

It's still possible to correct this problem by growing the size of hands and feet colliders. But still, I don't like approximation ...

- So the other solution would be to create 2D transposed colliders, which position would be relative to each member bone. That would be less CPU eating, and more hit secure, but would cut down realism.

I'm working on this second solution tonight

Keep you informed !

edit : Silly me, I don't use physics in the game (yet ?), so I don't need RigidBodies and Colliders. I'll simply use Vector3.Distance() on Bones. Oh and perfs will like that

edit 2 : Well ... I got to return to Rigidboies, as dealing with Vector.Distance() is slow as hell ...

16. Location
    Paris
    Kind of useless post, but well ... I've always been receptive to people's working ambience.

So here is some of the radios I'm regularly listening to keep me in the world of Kinetic Damage :

- www.psyradio.fm, progressive channel (this one much more than others).

- www.di.fm, Drum 'n Bass channel.

- Groove Salad.

Also, I've decided to totally rework my levels in full 3D. No 2D any more, except for 3G.

Screenshots soon.

17. Location
    Paris
    one level done.

Ancient Shibuya, Japan, 3 a.m :

This level was designed to show the most popular section of Japan, extrapolating visual signs, just like it would be in 2060 if nobody stops brand spilling.

Logos, ads, suggestive messages, they are everywhere, on every bit of wall in the city, uncaring about overlapping windows. Visual pollution, that is.

Huge buildings with dozens and dozens of floors can be seen in the background, as world population kept growing and growing, Japan was the first to be impacted by necessity of architectural expansion.

Speed is also honored with ultra fast vehicles coming from the right and the left (3rd screenshot).

All of that is packed in a view where players are surrounded by dynamic themes, inviting them to rapidly exchange agressive hits.

Next level :

Station Spatiale de France, Restaurant, Earth orbit.
    Attached Images    

18. Posts
    Wow - this looks great so far

19. Location
    Paris
    Thank you charlie

Well, nothing really outstanding, but here is a sample shot of different illustrations I made for actual backgrounds.

Screens of the 2nd level very soon.
    Attached Images  

20. Posts
    Very nice!

I'm loving this even without playable demos!

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast