Unity Community

View Poll Results: Which real martial art would you love to master ?

Voters
436. You may not vote on this poll
  • Muay Thai

71 16.28%
  • Ninjutsu

86 19.72%
  • Taekwondo

44 10.09%
  • Tai Chi Chuan / Qi Gong Jin

28 6.42%
  • Jeet Kun Do

39 8.94%
  • Pencak Silat

11 2.52%
  • Boxing

30 6.88%
  • Shaolin Kung Fu

99 22.71%
  • I don't like martial arts / fighting games

28 6.42%
Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

1. Location
    Land of Sushi and Geisha
    Props to you.
    Amazing that you have such a motivation to work more than 3 years on one project. Even more impressive that you do the whole game by yourself.

I wish you all the best with this game and that it will eventually pay off.

2. Location
    Paris
    Thank you NiPoCo, I really appreciate
    Thank you guys really, this is motivating me even more to deliver a good product. I'm hurrying my ass off to finish the 4 left martial arts AIs, so I can give you a proper video demo next week.

/bow

3. Location
    SK, Canada
    Will there be a PC version?

4. Location
    Paris
    Quote Originally Posted by Finjitzu View Post
    Will there be a PC version?
    This is in my head since a long time, but I'm kind of not enough confident yet about the overall graphical quality to match nowadays PC standards (I was thinking about making it a Facebook game). But you tell me It was designed for small mobile screens and tablets, do you think by judging the actual videos that it would be ok on a 30" screen ? (considering there are still shadows missing for characters, and I'll try to enhance their shaders a bit before release).

5. Location
    United States,Arkansas
    n0mad this game is so cool!Wow much will it cost .But anyway,keep up the good work.

6. Location
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Of course it should be on PC as well, if the game is good enough, graphics wont matter that much : p
    Current game: Age of Settlement

7. Location
    Paris
    Quote Originally Posted by Amuse1 View Post
    n0mad this game is so cool!Wow much will it cost .But anyway,keep up the good work.
    Thanks ! I was aiming at a reasonable price, below the "big boys", but not too low either, like 2.99 $ - 3.99 $ max. I can't really tell until I can really seize how many functionalities will be available at launch, and how it compares to other products But the game itself will come as free with 2 martial arts and one level (and maybe local multiplayer, I'll see if it's doable with size constraints). All the other features (6 arts, 7 levels, solo mode, other suprises, etc) will be purchasable as inapp purchase as one unique package.
    I think I won't be able to put all I wanted to put for September, so there may be yet another free update coming at the end of the year (I'm seriously thinking about putting online multiplayer, plus another important feature I can't speak about now).

Quote Originally Posted by Virror View Post
    Of course it should be on PC as well, if the game is good enough, graphics wont matter that much : p
    Ok then, I'll put that on the "to analyze" list
    Last edited by n0mad; 06-20-2012 at 03:33 PM.

8. Location
    United States,Arkansas
    Cool,I will definetly buy it when its released .

9. Location
    SK, Canada
    Yup not really too concerned about the graphics. I'd just rather play with a 360 controller.

I was also thinking about your AI vs AI tests. Maybe add that in as a mode in the game? Choose the two characters and watch them fight. Might be amusing.

10. Location
    Paris
    Quote Originally Posted by Finjitzu View Post
    I was also thinking about your AI vs AI tests. Maybe add that in as a mode in the game? Choose the two characters and watch them fight. Might be amusing.
    AI vs AI fights are part of a bigger gamedesign feature that I will reveal come release
    Can't say much yet, expect that the way it is implemented, you never saw it in any fighting game before ...

Actually to be honest, there are several core gamedesigns that I didn't revealed yet, and which will play a definite role in how Kinetic Damage stands from the other fighting games. I just want to make sure that before the game is different, it is at least matching current standards.

11. Posts
    You should consider getting gamepad support done well and trying to strike a bundle deal with upcoming Android/iOS Gamepad physical button accessories like the Wikipad Tablet, and gamepads from PowerA, Nyko, or Steelseries.

12. Location
    Paris
    Quote Originally Posted by MABManZ View Post
    You should consider getting gamepad support done well and trying to strike a bundle deal with upcoming Android/iOS Gamepad physical button accessories like the Wikipad Tablet, and gamepads from PowerA, Nyko, or Steelseries.
    That's a good idea
    Also, I feel how much fighting game fans have always been counter-receptive to handheld fighting games with touch controls, because of touch controls. But something's different with kinetic damage :
    1) controls are not typical fighting game ones, there are no complicated movement to make in order to perform specials. You just push a button with your left thumb to replace regular buttons with specials, with your right thumb you just push the desired one, and it's on. No quarter back, half forward, etc. (I know I'll have to heavily advertise on that, because a lot of gamers refuse to even try mobile fighting games for that reason)
    2) I've designed the whole mechanics so you don't have to frenetically push your buttons. There is a limitation to that, it's more about timing your strikes well than mashing the controls. (one of the not yet revealed mechanics, I'll indeed present it in a video before release)

I've tested it numerous times, and made it test by different people, and they did feel comfortable with controls. Don't worry about that

13. Location
    Paris
    VOICE ACTORS, Round 1

Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm super excited to announce that the first batch of voice recording has been operated successfully yesterday night, with some awesome actors. It was a wonderful experience. I'll integrate their voices inside the forthcoming Final AI video, but I wanted to let you know who they are :

- Antoine Aghroum, actor, writer.

Antoine has a deep, rounded, punchy voice, and was awesome at working on different intentions, diving into each Martial Art mental world with a great ease. He did a ton of efforts to fully understand which intention to give, at which precise second of each shout. A great moment.

- Jean Dutelle, actor, choreographer, artistic kata performer.

Jean has been performing and competiting in Artistic Kata for some time now, as you can see in this video from Bercy's 2009 Martial Arts Show :

He was mindblowing, totally at ease with giving fierce, powerful and tense battle shouts for Kinetic Damage. It was really impressive to hear him perform. The roles weren't a new thing for Jean, thanks to his experience in Martial Arts and demo shouts.

- Marie Sergeant, actress, dancer (from the Conservatoire National Supérieur d'Art Dramatique).

Marie was super good as a female fighter voice actress. She has a range to give smooth, sensual, round tones, but I purposedly asked to be harsh and realistic, and she totally convinced me ! She really lived the different roles, from pain to rage, with high mastery and control. Awesome talent.

____

So, it was really a blast, and I would recommend them without an hesitation if you're seeking talented, motivated voice actors. Or even Motion Capture for Jean and Marie ! Don't hesitate to contact them !

Also, if you're in Paris in september, don't hesitate to take your tickets for Jean's next show (he's the choreographer), Deus Ex Machina, September 15th ! Tickets here.

Deus Ex Machina Facebook page.
    Last edited by n0mad; 07-06-2012 at 11:26 AM.

14. Location
    San Francisco
    Quote Originally Posted by n0mad View Post
    VOICE ACTORS, Round 1

Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm super excited to announce that the first batch of voice recording has been operated successfully yesterday night, with some awesome actors. It was a wonderful experience. I'll integrate their voices inside the forthcoming Final AI video, but I wanted to let you know who they are :
    You have assembled a spectacular group of individuals! Your decision to infuse dedicated and creative musicians,entertainers,athletes, etc is really going to make your game have the best playing experience

15. Posts
    Hello,
    I was wondering if you could please tell me how you were able to save/load character data (like in the character customization)?
    If you could provide me with the code that would be extra great ><
    Though I would also greatly appreciate a suggestion of where I can find a tutorial.

Many thanks.
    Last edited by Tyoma; 07-23-2012 at 05:23 AM.

16. Location
    Paris
    Hi Tyoma,

I can't provide you a full code because it's specifically tailored for this game's framework and would need work to strip out specific stuff, but I can tell it's really not that complicated : I just used a database approach. Try to search for SQL/SQLite stuff in C# over the net, I found my own guidelines there (it's really simple, I just used C# builtin DB functions to store, retrieve and manage the data).
    There are also some pretty good SQLite addons in the Asset Store if you don't want to care about that part.

17. Posts
    ThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYou ><
    I greatly appreciate the quick reply.
    I'll look up information on that right away. ^^

18. Location
    Paris
    No problem
    Here is a thread with a few info, if you want : http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/970...id-help-please

19. Location
    Paris
    Ladies and Gents, I'm happy to release a new video, this time about Levels Sounds Ambience :

I worked hard to chose, mix and implement dynamic soundscapes, so that every fight stage feels living, breathing and motivating.
    The hardest part was to make the ambiences not too present yet not too distant, so that the bg music and the fight SFX would still be on a high accoustic priority.
    Most of these sounds are triggered from a dynamic event (car passing, crowd reacting to a hit, robot stomping the ground, etc), made by a script.

To follow in a few hours : AI vs. AI video, with the first 3 voice actors being implemented, and special outfits.

20. Location
    Paris
    [reposted on next page with 720p]
    Last edited by n0mad; 07-24-2012 at 04:18 PM.

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast