Search Unity

PlayMaker NGUI Scripts

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by merlin981, Jul 26, 2013.

1. merlin981

merlin981

Included in this package are new Actions for Playmaker, centered around NGUI and its components. These scripts provide Playmaker Action functionality for handling events, managing components, and setting values of NGUI items.

PlayMaker NGUI Scripts - Asset Store

A brief list of what is included:
    • Hook any NGUI event as a Playmaker transition event (OnClick, OnSliderChanged, etc)
    • Hook any NGUI event as a Playmaker transition event (OnClick, OnSliderChanged, etc)
    • Read and store the value of an Input textbox
    • Read and store the value of a Slider
    • Read and store the value of a Progressbar
    • Set the value of a Slider
    • Set the value of a Progressbar
    • Set any NGUI item’s Active state (uses NGUI’s SetActive, not SetActiveRecursively, per NGUI’s documentation)
    • Set a UIButton to Enabled or Disabled
    • Set a UIImageButton to Enabled or Disabled
    • Apply a label to a Slider, with a text display of the Slider’s value
    • Apply a label to a Progressbar, with a text display of the Progressbar’s value
    • Change the text of a read-only text Label
    • Handle Button Click Events
    • Handle Hover Events
    • Handle Drag-Drop Events
    • Handle Tooltip Events

Additional features added by request.

Documentation

NOTE: Requires PlayMaker and NGUI

2. mrbdrm

mrbdrm

finally :)
    good job

3. Play_Edu

Play_Edu

can you tell me what def-rant between play-maker NGUI action scrips and this scrips .

4. merlin981

merlin981

Thank you. I'm always open to new ideas for scripts to add to this package.

5. merlin981

merlin981

I believe you're referring to the script package found on PlayMaker's website. Their package only has the event interceptor (OnClick, OnSliderChange, etc). It does not include any Actions (such as changing a label's value). In addition, I've added more customized event interceptors, such as "On Select - Pressed" and "On Select - Released".

The package you refer to only has customized events, whereas this package has those events (plus more), plus Actions for the common NGUI stuff (like disabling buttons, changing label text, reading input text, etc).

Plus, I'm willing to add new Actions upon request.

6. gamedivision

gamedivision

hi merlin just bought your scripts,i would like to make a request
    I would like to access the pop up menu or lists, the individual buttons that are created at run time.

7. merlin981

merlin981

Sure, I'll take a look at those next week. Thanks for the suggestion.

8. Play_Edu

Play_Edu

Thanks for the help. i'll buy it very soon.

9. merlin981

merlin981

Ok, new version submitted to Unity. Should be approved in a day or so.

Everything was already there to handle Popup Lists and Menus, but I did create a new demo to show you how to do it. I also added a few new actions (mostly to support the demo, but hey - New Actions).

The new update should be available in roughly a day. Check your asset store panel for the update.

10. merlin981

merlin981

Ok, even newer version submitted.

After thinking about it, I realized the Popup needed one new action, so I added "Ngui Add Popup Option", which will allow you to add new items to the popup menu.

Again, should be available in about a day or so.

11. Play_Edu

Play_Edu

wow.good to go

12. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

13. gamedivision

gamedivision

thanks man great work

14. merlin981

merlin981

Thank you very much.

It would really help me if you guys could rate the package in the asset store. Thank you.

15. Play_Edu

Play_Edu

Hi,
    I bought your tool today.it's cool but i want NGUI drag and drop like function or pop up menu also.can you do this pleases.

thanks in advance.

regards,
    play_edu

16. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

+1

17. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

Hi,

Can you add ngui actions in every frame option?(like ngui get slider value,ngui update label text)

Thank You in Advance.

Dev

18. merlin981

merlin981

Hi Play_Edu,

Thanks for purchasing my scripts.

The events are already set up for Drag and Drop. In Playmaker, right click on your State, select Transition > Custom > NGUI > On Drag

The latest version of my package also includes a new Demo project showing how to use popup menus.

Did this answer your questions?

19. Play_Edu

Play_Edu

Thanks for ans....

20. Tkfore21

Tkfore21

I'm looking at modifying the text on a label with a count down, and your docs say that I can use a variable or static text.
    I specify the game object, but can't change the value.
    The drop down for New Value just says None, but I have a variable with what I want it to be populated with.
    $screenshot.png
    What am I missing?

Figured it out.
    The variable was an int, and needed to be converted to a string.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  21. merlin981

merlin981

Glad you got it working :D

22. Play_Edu

Play_Edu

Hi,:p
    Can you have any idea for NGUItween color scripts update because when i set activate game objects first time it's work but i'll deactivate objects and again activate game objects this time it's not work. How to update or restart scripts with activate game objects.:confused:

regards,:razz:
    play_edu

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  23. merlin981

merlin981

I believe the NGUItween color scripts only work OnStart, not OnEnable. You can edit the tween scripts, copy (or move) the OnStart code to OnEnable.

If you need to restart the whole the PlayMaker FSM, there is a Restart function you can call on the FSM. I think it's something like Fsm.FindFsm("FSM_Name").Restart();

24. Play_Edu

Play_Edu

Hi,

Thanks.

25. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

bump

26. merlin981

merlin981

Thanks for the bump, didn't see the original question.

Yes, I can add option for every frame.

I'm working on a new feature for this script right now, should be done in a few days, then I will add every frame.

Thanks

27. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

hi,

Thanks for making ngui action.:p

Dev

28. merlin981

merlin981

Thanks for using it :D

I would appreciate any ratings you guys can give in the Asset store. It really helps me.

29. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

30. merlin981

merlin981

Sure thing. I'll try to have it out this week. I'm working on a new feature right now, and the "every frames" option, but I think I can have this added by the end of the week.

31. merlin981

merlin981

I've submitted an updated NGUI PlayMaker script package to unity with the following additions:

* Added "Every Frame" option to every action
    * Added "NGUI Set Active Multi"
    * Updated documentation

This should be live in the next 2-3 days.

I'm still working on the other new feature. Hopefully will have it ready by the end of the week.

32. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

Hi,

Thank you very much for your support.

Dev

33. Play_Edu

Play_Edu

+1

34. merlin981

merlin981

Ok, I just submitted the "new feature" for PlayMaker NGUI scripts.....

It's a scene loader with GPU pre-render.

This is for everyone who has scenes which take a long time to load. For the majority of games, the delay comes from pushing the objects to the GPU for the first time.

I've created a scene loader which does the following:

* Shows a Loading screen which covers the main camera's display. This loading screen includes a progressbar and (optional) Hint/Tips messages for the game.

* You assign all the GameObjects you want pre-loaded. As you assign each GO, you can specify if you want it's children to be individually pre-loaded as well. This option is useful, if like me, you use Empty GameObjects as containers to organize your scenes. You can assign the container to the list, and check the box to have it's children individually pre-loaded.

* When the scene loads, there is a 1/10th second delay, which allows the initial view to be pushed to the GPU and rendered on the player's screen.

* Next, the script loops through each GameObject, moving a special camera to that GameObject and putting the GO into view of the camera. This forces the GameObject to be sent to the GPU.

*If the GameObject is inactive (.active = false) when the scene loads, the script will set the GO to active, move the camera to face it, then reset the GO to inactive after the object has been pushed to the GPU. This allows you to pre-load assets which you will use later in the scene, but not use when the scene immediately opens. This really helps reduce lag/stutter, especially for mobile devices.

* Once the script is finished, it will use SendMessage (or another PlayMaker action of your choice) to notify your GameObjects that scene loading is complete. Each game is unique in how it will need to be notified, so this state is left blank, to allow you to use what works best for your game.

* After the notifications are sent out, the last action of the script is to deactivate the loading screen and progressbar, and then to deactivate the camera used for pre-loading.

This new update should be available in a few days. I'm assuming since I sent it on Friday, that Unity won't approve it until Tuesday or Wednesday. I'll post another update here once its been approved and the update is in the asset store.

Attached is a screenshot of the Demo Scene showing the progressbar and background sprite. Please note that you can use whatever materials you want for these, I just made a quick--dirty one to get this done.

$Scene Loader - Demo Scene.png

35. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

hi,

Thanks for update.:p

Dev

36. jayglossy

jayglossy

Hi merlin
    i purchased your "playmaker Ngui scripts" today
    nice work
    just 1 thing though.
    after dragging in the playmaker Ngui Delegates into the hierachy, i got a warning saying " the referenced script on this behavior is missing"
    so how can i solve this
    thanks

37. merlin981

merlin981

$Playmaker NGUI Delegates.png
    Hi jayglossy,

Do you have PlayMaker added to the project? The "Playmaker NGUI Delegates" requires PlayMaker to be in the Unity project.

I've attached the inspector panel screenshot of the "Playmaker NGUI Delegates", so you can see what should be on it.

38. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

hi,

Still asset store show no update?

Dev

39. Play_Edu

Play_Edu

so you did it.
    thanks.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  40. merlin981

merlin981

Still waiting for Unity to review and approve.

Attached Files:

41. WillBellJr

WillBellJr

Thanks for adding the NGUI functionality to PlayMaker, PM and NGUI are among my most cherished purchases!

-Will

42. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

hi,

Thanks for reply.:roll:

Dev

43. murteas

murteas

Wow. This looks great. I'm going to have to get this, as I have been using the playmaker ngui actions extensively, I'd love to have some of this functionality. Loading screen would be excellent!

44. merlin981

merlin981

Just an update on the package....

I sent an email to the Asset Store Admin today asking when the update will be published. It's still in a pending state. I don't know what the delay is.

Also, I'm still working on the Asset Bundle scripts. I probably won't have it ready this week, I would expect to have it done sometime next week. I have a big hackathon to prepare for this weekend, as well as my regular work.

45. merlin981

merlin981

Ok, I just received the email from asset store people. The updated package should be live in about an hour, with the new scene loader. Enjoy :)

46. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

Hi,

Thanks for the update and all your dedicated hard work.

Devang

47. jayglossy

jayglossy

Thanks alot man
    fixed and working well. made my job easier
    keep up the good work

48. merlin981

merlin981

Thank you. I would appreciate a rating or comment in the asset store. It really does make a difference. Thanks

49. merlin981

merlin981

By request, I've added Asset Bundles to this package. It really belongs in a separate package (because there is no NGUI usage for the asset bundles), but I decided to make an exception this one time :D

The package is submitted to Unity and should be available on Monday or Tuesday next week.

Please note, the Asset Bundle scripts ONLY work for Unity Pro licenses. If you have a free version of Unity, these actions will not work for you.

Here's a quick rundown of what's been added:
    • Added a script which will create asset bundles based on a selected folder or asset. The bundle created is Build Platform specific. The documentation explains how to build an asset bundle for each platform your game will run on
    • Action - Load One Asset = loads a single asset from an asset bundle
    • Action - Load Multiple Assets = loads multiple assets from an asset bundle
    • Action - Unload Asset Bundle = unloads the asset bundle from memory, and any existing assets which were loaded from the bundle
    • Action - Unload Asset Bundle Compressed Contents = unloads the compressed contents (unused assets) from an asset bundle. Great for using after you load the assets, so it will clear up memory

I will be out of town until next Wednesday (9/4), so please excuse any delayed responses.

I have attached the documentation for the new actions.

View attachment $Asset Bundles Documentation.pdf

50. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

hi,

Thank you so much for your excellent work! .:eek:

Dev

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013