Unity Community

1. Location
    Chicago, IL

In-game avatar personalisation?

On Unity's site:

"Use the Mecanim animation systemís new Avatar Creation API to create an Avatar dynamically at runtime for a skeleton that was also generated on the fly in Unity. In-game avatar personalisation has never been easier. Available with both the free and Pro versions of Unity."

Where can I find some more information on this?

Thanks!

2. Location
    Yesterday
    CustomInput - Change controls in-game with ease
    Sprite-Anim - Quick, "Retargetable" sprite animations
    If you want to know how to do something, ask "How do I do something?" If you want to tell me how to do something, say "How to do something:" They're not interchangeable.

3. Location
    Wisconsin
    Quote Originally Posted by adamz View Post
    On Unity's site:

"Use the Mecanim animation systemís new Avatar Creation API to create an Avatar dynamically at runtime for a skeleton that was also generated on the fly in Unity. In-game avatar personalisation has never been easier. Available with both the free and Pro versions of Unity."

Where can I find some more information on this?

Thanks!
    I really can't believe how little information is out there about this. What it really is though is scripts for creating Mecanim Avatars at runtime. It's not some cool character creation system as some may think. The Avatars are required objects for Mecanim. Basically they act as a link from the meshes skeleton to the Animator which supplies the motion. Previous to this addition Avatars would be created on object import or by right clicking a project folder -> Create -> Avatar Mask.

http://docs.unity3d.com/Documentatio...nandSetup.html

Hope that helps!