Search Unity

Are there any apps in the Windows store I can use as a Share Target for sharing?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Meltdown, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Meltdown

Meltdown

One of the titles I'm working on has the requirement to share a made video on YouTube/Facebook etc.
    Unfortunately neither has official apps yet for the store, so there are a bunch of dodgy clones which I'm hesitant to install.

Can anyone recommend any ShareTarget apps I can install that will allow me to test sharing of a video or pictures to a social network?

Thanks

2. tswalk

tswalk

hi,

you can take a look at this which will simulate a share target contract for you.. i've used it for testing my apps share contract, should help you out...

http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps/Sharing-content-target-app-0fd514a2/view/Discussions

(basically compile (can do in debug), you can then close it.. start your app and use it as a target to test your contract abilities)

oh, also to just test this helper out.. after it has been installed (via build, et al.) you can do a quick check on what it looks liek by launching the metro IE -> swipe to charms -> select share -> select "share target c# sample"

and you'll be good to go without having to actually use another apps contract for testing.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
  3. Meltdown

Meltdown