Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Did Unity 4.2 break the current vuforia unity package?

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by techmage, Jul 25, 2013.

1. techmage

techmage

Mines not working... anyone run into this. Did you find a solution?

It builds and runs, and shows the video, but no objects appear on the marker.

2. techmage

techmage

Wait no, the postprocess build player for vuforia does have Unity 4.2 support in it, and things explicitly put in for UnityAppController.mm

anyone know what I've done wrong?

3. Jean-Fabre

Jean-Fabre

Hi,

You are not alone. I am banging my head on this...

my problem is slightly different tho, I don't get the "BackgroundCamera" to show the camera output. I simply get a black screen with very similar errors. I am trying to mess with IOS pubishing settings, with no luck...

Hopefully, someone will step in :)

Bye,

Jean

4. appliquette

appliquette

Running Pro? I had issues with Android Free (black screen), had someone with Android Pro compile and was fine...

5. GrannySmith

GrannySmith

6. looknear

looknear

Hi
    is there some work or progress on it?
    90% of the android devices i tested get black screen or crash on my vuforia app.
    even Galexy 3 devices, which are good enough i guess.
    getting crash or just black screen. no camera view.

7. Stephan-Tanguay

Stephan-Tanguay

On the ARCamera object make sure the data set load behaviour has the correct data set to active.

8. Orlondo

Orlondo

Thank you, Stephan! Works perfectly, now. I owe you a beer.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  9. cbaltzer

cbaltzer

I had no issues with 4.2, but currently getting linker errors with 4.3:

Code (csharp):
    2. Undefined symbols for architecture armv7:
    3.   "__curOrientation", referenced from:
    4.       -[UnityAppController application:didFinishLaunchingWithOptions:] in UnityAppController.o
    Comparing the UnityAppController.mm file with one from a 4.2 build, that method is the same. The QCAR .a files got imported properly too, so I'm not sure what would cause this.

Edit:
    Still no idea why this broke in the first place, but you can fix it by changing UnityAppController.mm (line 366 in the 4.3 version):

Code (csharp):
    2. QCARUnityPlayer::getInstance().QCARSetOrientation(_curOrientation);
    to:
    Code (csharp):
    2. QCARUnityPlayer::getInstance().QCARSetOrientation([orientation intValue]);

I automated this by changing the QCAR PostProcessBuildPlayer, line 298 to:
    Code (csharp):
    2. appcontroller.write('\tQCARUnityPlayer::getInstance().QCARSetOrientation([orientation intValue] /* for 4.2, use: _curOrientation */);\n');

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  10. const_int

const_int

There's more correct workaround for this issue https://developer.vuforia.com/forum...ion/unity-43-ios-compatibility-and-workaround

You can automate this by changing line 367 in Assets/Editor/PostProcessBuildPlayer
    Code (csharp):
    1.             if line.strip()[0:40] == 'static ScreenOrientation _curOrientation':
    to
    Code (csharp):
    1.             if line.strip()[0:40] == 'static ScreenOrientation _curOrientation' or line.strip()[0:40] == 'static ScreenOrientation  _curOrientation':
    They've changed space between ScreenOrientation and _curOrientation to tab in 4.3

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  11. David_29

David_29

I tried to use only the basic version of Unity and Vuforia Unity package kit. after I make some setups and when it runs onto the device, still got black rendering screen instead of a live video screen. Also, I turn on the the option from Web Cam Behaviour script that says "Don't use for Play Mode" and I set the Synchronous Video to on before build and run in device, nothing happens and it is still black.