Search Unity

AllSky - 200+ Skyboxes. (AllSky Free - also out now)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by rpgw, Jul 23, 2013.

1. rpgw

rpgw

allsky4_logo.png

A full palette of 200+ skies for Unity! Provided as 6-sided cubemaps sized from x1024 to x2048 per-side along with an equirectangular cubemap texture from 4k to 16k in size. Each has an example lighting setup scene!

- Various styles: Day, Night, Cartoon, Fantasy, Hazy, Epic, Space, Sunless and Moonless!

- For lighting artists, environment artists and indie developers looking for a wide suite of skies to light their environments.

- Lighting from day to night: Twilight, sunset, multiple times of day, multiple times of night, skyglow.

- Many weather and cloud types: Clear, overcast, summery, stormy, autumnal, hazy, epic, foggy, cumulus.

New in Version 4!
    - AllSky now contains over 200 skies.
    - Each sky includes both its equirectangular and 6-sided versions.

AllSky4_.54.27.png

AllSky4_.50.37.png

Free update for existing owners of AllSky!

New price of $10

Lighting Examples
    All 200 skies now have a low poly demo environment with example lighting and fog pass. Great if you want a reference for colour and luminance values.

AllSky is a resource I always wanted in my time as a lighting artist at a large studio.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    Farelle likes this.
  2. Play_Edu

Play_Edu

look nice

3. ronan-thibaudau

ronan-thibaudau

If you include the scene used to make those screenshots in there i'm very likely to buy this!

4. rpgw

rpgw

Thanks chaps.

Good idea Ronan. It might be more useful for me to make 'lighting preset' scenes, which has a lighting and fog preset for each skybox.
    I'm also quite tempted to do an exterior lighting tutorial of some kind..

5. ronan-thibaudau

ronan-thibaudau

Aye, as someone who outsource lots of art to compose it myself i find good lighting to ve pretty hard, which is why i'd love to see that scene too:)

6. BrUnO-XaVIeR

BrUnO-XaVIeR

I'm not quite sure if you can sell skyboxes generated by Eon Software's Vue products.

7. rpgw

rpgw

Vue was not involved. :)

8. ronan-thibaudau

ronan-thibaudau

Any chance you could post higher resolution (full screen 1080P at least ideally) of the lit terrain samples above?
    Also does the above answer mean that you'll include the scene at some point and not just a substitute? If so i'm going to purchase like now :)

9. rpgw

rpgw

Hi Ronan.

I just grabbed those images from unity3d viewport so they aren't very high res. Here's the files. Hopefully they come through at slightly higher res than above. Try opening them in a new tab, as the forum seems to shrink them.

$allsky_screenshot1.jpg
    $allsky_screenshot2.jpg
    $allsky_screenshot3.jpg
    $allsky_screenshot5.jpg

Making the demo scenes nice enough to include in the project could take a while. I am very busy with multiple large game projects at the moment :) http://blog.richardwhitelock.com to see what I am up to.

10. rpgw

rpgw

AllSky has now been made available for Unity 3.5 users!

The project has been recreated and exported in the free version of Unity 3.5.7 rather than 4.1 Pro.

11. ronan-thibaudau

ronan-thibaudau

Why not include the terrain in the puctures instead of a new demo? I'd like that more. Instant buy if you do

12. rpgw

rpgw

13. ronan-thibaudau

ronan-thibaudau

Did you end up including that terrain? (i'm buying it anyway at that killer price, but i'd still really like to have that terrain included!:) )

14. shwa

shwa

Hi rpgw,

Going to buy this.

Is the following an issue for unity 4 as well?
    Red Dot games comment in the asset store :

Great package but need fix.

In Unity 3.5 after importing from Asset Store all skyes (besides one in demo scene) are 32x32 pix resolution so you need manually change all of them in some normal resolution like 1024x1024.

When this will be fixed I will give full 5 stars

15. ronan-thibaudau

ronan-thibaudau

Yes same in unity 4, however i'm not sure it's such a bad thing i guess it makes the initial import much faster it's not that hard / long to batch set them all to 1024.

16. im

im

im interested

is there a webplayer demo

and/or screenshot of each of the skyboxes?

17. sc3

sc3

Hi, I'm having a problem with these skyboxes making my build size huge.

I made a build of a scene with only a skybox in it - (skybox set to 1024 size) - Windows build is 42.5mb. Unity editor log says that the uncompressed size of the .png is 24mb - even though the actual file size in Explorer is ~3.6mb.

Is this normal?

18. rpgw

rpgw

If you select the texture in the Project tab, does the Inspector tab say that the format is Truecolor? That could well be it as Truecolor is an uncompressed format. Try setting the format to compressed instead.

19. sc3

sc3

Nope, it's set to compressed :(
    [Removed]

Just make a standalone build of the AllSky scene and the total thing should come out as 42.5mb, unless the problem is only on my end.

Thanks

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  20. ronan-thibaudau

ronan-thibaudau

You shouldn't be putting this online, you're putting this as a unity project (not a compiled game) which is against the asset store license basically makes the image you included downloadable by anyone, if i were you i'd pull this link immediately

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  21. sc3

sc3

Woops, didn't think about that, thanks for the warning.

Have taken it down and will message the OP instead.

22. ronan-thibaudau

ronan-thibaudau

Also : nothing wrong with the image but sounds like you've found a bug in unity import / or unity cubemap handling.

Compiling your project = 20MB shared assets. Changing the cubemap import to a regular texture import putting it on an empty quad = 335K shared assets, so sounds like there's something really wrong with the way cubemaps are imported or packaged (sounds like uncompressed bitmap size!).

23. ronan-thibaudau

ronan-thibaudau

Edited the link out of my quote too :)

Suggest you contact unity instead doesn't sound like the package is at fault, you should make a bug report (from the unity interface you can send bug reports)

24. sc3

sc3

Done, sent off a bug report.

@rpgw if you still wish for me to send the project just let me know (but I tested on a totally new texture that was converted into Cubed Skybox with Reflection/Cylindrical settings and got the same result, so it's probably not your package as ronan mentioned).

Thanks ronan.

25. rpgw

rpgw

Was just trying to download the link via my email to have a look :)

Can you let us know if Unity reply with a confirmation that this is an import issue?

Or can we all view the bug report via the tracker?

26. sc3

sc3

Sure, here's the bug report link: http://fogbugz.unity3d.com/default.asp?568775_m1s6s40p8dbiuhpu

... there's no attached package that I can see in the link so hopefully I'm not making the same mistake again of making your skybox available to the public haha.

27. janpec

janpec

Very good pack, certainly worth your sale price.

28. rpgw

rpgw

:D AllSky has a new price for the new year! :D

$15!

29. im

im

thanks!

bought a copy!

happy new year!

30. rpgw

rpgw

For a further 16hours AllSky is $3.

$3.

31. MagicFrame

MagicFrame

Hi I bought your package skies, but I have a problem and I can not fix, when I add a skybox to my scene, the skybox is very fuzzy, because you know you can be?

32. rpgw

rpgw

Magicframe,

If you select a sky texture in the project view, you can increase the 'max size' on the texture options on the inspector panel to see the hi-res version. :cool:

33. broesby

broesby

The skyboxes are beautiful!!
    At least here.... :-/

I changed max size to 1024. I changed to True color.

The skybox is still quite fuzzy.... are there any other parameters to change? I don't seem to be able to go above 1024..

34. cj31387

cj31387

I just bought this. The skyboxes start at 32. It says to increase them but what is the resolution they should be at? Whats the max resolution?

Also I'm having to do these one by one, or select one of the folders and all of them in there and change them, but there is still like 6 more folders. Is there a easy way to set the resolution on all of them at once?

35. ronan-thibaudau

ronan-thibaudau

There's no real way to set them "all" at once, but you can set quite a few at once.

Just search for them and select the results, but do them like 20 per 20 max or unity crashes importing too much (unless this changed in past few months).

36. UsefulWeapon

UsefulWeapon

Hello, this asset is really beautiful!But i cant set up it for marmoset skyshop, can you help me with that?What do i need to do to set up it properly.

37. akyoto_official

akyoto_official

Hello,

I bought this package but I ran into the same problem with build size from a single Reflection/Cylindrical skybox being 96 MB.

Is there any way we can fix this?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  38. rpgw

rpgw

Blitzprog is that on iOS? Someone contacted me about this issue and corrected it by converting the sky to a 6-sided cube type.

39. rpgw

rpgw

40. rpgw

rpgw

Hi everyone. :)

News: Big free update is out now, with a new price! See the first post!

OnePxl and adventurefan like this.
  41. polytropoi

polytropoi

42. rpgw

rpgw

43. rpgw

rpgw

Entering final hours of sale now!

44. Hedonsoft

Hedonsoft

Are these compatible with Skyshop?

45. rpgw

rpgw

I don't know the latest version of Skyshop very well. I just had a quick test in Unity 5.
    You can set the sky material (which is 6sided) to be the current skybox and use the cubemap located in each sky's folder as the cubemap that Skyshop seems to require.

Obviously Unity 5's version of IBL should automatically utilise those too.

46. rpgw

rpgw

47. rpgw

rpgw

StevenPicard likes this.
  48. rpgw

rpgw