Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

I've created a set of Boo tutorials.

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by Shammah, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Shammah

Shammah

Allow me to shamelessly copy the following segment from my introduction, as it gives a brief overview of my goals.

Welcome to the wonderous world of Boo! A programming language which combines the power of C# and the .NET Framework with the lovely syntax of Python and Ruby. This is exactly what makes Boo a great language: it takes the power of C# and the .NET library and simplifies the experience without losing any of the power that C# and .NET have to offer. Anything that can be done in C# can be done in Boo, and most of the times in a much more elegant and easier way.

Now my goal is to teach people this great language, as the documentation at the moment of speaking (22-July-2013) is sparse and scattered, and a lot of people have no clue what this beautiful language is capable of. This leads to the result that the language is not that well known and often skimmed over, which is a true waste in my opinion.

The tutorials can be found at http://protoman.net/index.php?p=bootorial/index

Happy scripting!

2. tonyd

tonyd

3. Akira_san

Akira_san

Nice boo tutorial, can you make a pdf?

4. Shammah

Shammah

I'm afraid that will not be possible, or at least not one of my main priorities. I'm using a piece of javascript in order to format the pieces of code and enable the syntax highlighting. It's also written in pure HTML, so I'd have to translate that as well. On top of that, the color theme is a dark one, and I'm not sure if that would be a good idea to copy in a PDF version. I'll see if I can add a link sometime to download the website so that you can view it offline as well.

5. Akira_san

Akira_san

Thx, but i decided to go with unityscript. Still its a nice boo doc.

6. Philbywhizz

Philbywhizz

This is a great resource!

Thanks!

7. Yoska

Yoska

Thank you, Shammah. I learned few new tricks and it's all-around very well put together. Easy to reference.