Search Unity

4.2 corrupt downloads?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Focuzed, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Focuzed

Focuzed

Everytime I try and download 4.2 it just keeps telling me its corrupted. If I use chrome, after its done downloading it just pops up and says the download failed because it was corrupted. I used IE and it says the same thing. I restarted pc, disabled Virus protection and retried. Same thing. What is going on here? I've got the live training tonight and want to be able to use the 4.2 to follow along. Please someone help me. If there is any other information that I need to give you please advise. Thank you and cheers!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  2. Focuzed

Focuzed

Common, someone help me out here. Good lord.

3. Dave-Carlile

Dave-Carlile

All I can say is that the download worked fine for me, using IE. Try clearing your browser cache maybe? Hard to say.

4. Focuzed

Focuzed

Its exact wording states - The signature of UnitySetup-4.2.0.exe is corrupt or invalid. This is what it keeps telling me no matter what I do.

5. Focuzed

Focuzed

It also upon trying to install states - Installer integrity check has failed. Common causes include incomplete download and damaged media. Contact the installer's author to obtain a new copy. WTF is going on here.

6. samim23

samim23

same issue here.

7. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

Maybe some PC users can report the filesize in bytes of the installer they downloaded. These issues are usually incomplete downloads, or corrupted downloads. Can sometimes happen when one of our content delivery network servers caches a corrupted version. Knowing where in the world people who have problems are can help us track down which server is responsible.

8. Neverender-io

Neverender-io

Your CDN really appears to be dropping the ball. I'm getting 50 KB/s download speeds on a connection that easily manages 2 MB/s under normal circumstances.

As an aside, the download link for 4.2 on the archive page is broken. Someone forgot the minor (".0") part of the download URL. I tried manually fixing this and downloading using that URL, but despite being located a different subdomain, it delivered the same atrociously slow download speed, and I assume they're actually aliases for the same resource.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, since you asked for geographical location, it's NW USA.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  9. im

im

ive tried to download 4.2 numerous times. each time the results are the same, corrupt download. ive tried with all major browsers and with and without use of a download manager. still the results are the same corrupt download. i have a very nice download manager that i can set to repeatedly download until some specified md4, sha1 checksum matches, but sadly unity3d website does not give me this information for the download. so i' stuck to download it, manually try to open it, delete it and retry the download. now imagine doing this for over an hour. honestly they should have some mirrors, give a checksum and make sure this does not continue to happen.

10. Sisso

Sisso

I have download with success (and some bugs) with this md5.

$ md5sum UnitySetup-4.2.0.exe
    cae1cb8a5d492fe997a2bcfb6bd1d3dc UnitySetup-4.2.0.exe

11. im

im

wow thianks aye i was finally able to get a good download, worked like a charm i plugged in the link to download and the checksum and it retried countless times and finally, finally i got a good download and i'm installing it now!

12. nosyrbllewe

nosyrbllewe

I'm confused, what is a md5 and how do you use it to download unity? Thanks.

13. Sisso

Sisso

MD5 is a simpe hash (unique number that identify a colleciton of bytes), if your downloaded file has a different md5 probably it is corrupted.

What Im did was donwload multiples times until it get the same hash. For linux users, something like it:

Code (csharp):
    1. while [ $(md5sum UnitySetup-4.2.0.exe) -ne cae1cb8a5d492fe997a2bcfb6bd1d3dc ]; do rm UnitySetup-4.2.0.exe; wget http://.../UnitySetup-4.2.0.exe; done

14. DixonCider

DixonCider

I'm getting corrupt downloads too, this is SUPER irritating. I am also in Ohio like OP. Downloaded 7 times now...all corrupt

15. DixonCider

DixonCider

Looks like the 8th time was the charm. Finally!

16. BrUnO-XaVIeR

BrUnO-XaVIeR

I am also unable to download 4.2 for mac.
    Always getting corrupted dmg file.

17. ev3d

ev3d

I guess add me to this list as well.. :) Im on try #5

18. ev3d

ev3d

try # 8 failed... this is really time consuming..

19. ev3d

ev3d

im downloading the mac version and i live in boise idaho area.. If that helps

20. nosyrbllewe

nosyrbllewe

Im still having trouble too. I have downloaded it countless times and cannot get it to install on my Windows laptop in central Florida.

21. Focuzed

Focuzed

I disabled my avg retried over and over again until I finally got a working copy. It literally took me a day or two of trying for it to work. Cincinnati, Ohio for me btw if you couldn't tell by my profile. All I can say to you guys is keep trying, and I been through your pain.

22. Sisso

Sisso

Ok. I could install in windows but now its failing on mac. Could please someone post the md5 of dmg package?

23. ev3d

ev3d

I ended up downloading it thru remote desktop to my web server in texas (i am in idaho) then downloading it from my web server... It seems like some kind of CDN issue..

24. Chriscs7

Chriscs7

Just do this guys, and it will work with any download you make:

To bypass the corruption test, pass /NCRC on the command line. To do so, go to Start->Run, type cmd and hit Enter. A black console window should open. Drag the installer into the window, hit Space and type /NCRC. Hit Enter again and the installer should start.

25. ev3d

ev3d

this is still happening with 4.3..

26. Maurice_B

Maurice_B

bristol england

27. ev3d

ev3d

bypassing the corruption test is a bad idea (unless you want to install corrupt files).. the corruption test is there for a reason. If it fails the test, it means something is wrong. :)

28. Razotter

Razotter

I am trying to download UnitySetup-4.3.4.exe and having the same issue.

I am downloading http://netstorage.unity3d.com/unity/UnitySetup-4.3.4.exe, from South Africa

Tried twice so far, on the third download now.

Isn't there a non-dodgy torrent we can use to download these things? Much nicer solution for large install files like this.