Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity3D Sword Art Online Project

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Asmina, Jul 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Asmina

Asmina

I have teamed up with Cracked Spoon Interactive. Please go to Saoproject.org for more info

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  2. chrisall76

chrisall76

I always had this idea but I've never got to starting on it. Hopefully this goes somewhere because I loved the show.

3. primus88

primus88

Hey, just a quick feedback. I think that not being able to play with your character for 2 days is a huge penalty in my opinion.
    I think you should reconsider this. There is a reason why even the most harsh MMOs don't have a system like this in.

4. Asmina

Asmina

Yeah, ive been thinking of other ideas for when you die. I just want the player to not try and rush into dungeons and areas they know there not prepared for. I want there to be some death penalty. I think ill make a poll, with my top 3 ideas and see which one gets the most votes.

5. taichiu727

taichiu727

nice idea.. maybe i will join in the future.... can you make the clothes more modern? like the ones in soa?

6. Asmina

Asmina

Of course! The only ones that'll have "plate armor"are the ones who wish to create a military force. Are regular adventurers would have cloth based armor like clothing with special enchancements on them. But the choice of equipment will be all up to the player! :)

7. GhostlyET

GhostlyET

Looks interesting,wish i could help but my modeling skills arent that great =P. I remember the exp box after killing a monster in SAO was more of a first person view. It would pop up on your screen and be visible only to your character and not to others,also the hp bar and the red diamond thing that floats above the monster.

8. Shinkiro

Shinkiro

This is going to be a long and difficult project your going to undertake so I'm going to wish you good luck on it. I would love to see how this progresses in the coming years. And of course I hope to see some Oculus Rift support at some point, since this is based on Sword Art Online.

9. Asmina

Asmina

Yeah, as soon as my kickstarter campaign completes, Oculus Rift will become a reality. All in due time. Sure its no "NerveGear" but its something! :)

As you saw in the video, when a monster is killed, its loot window pops up besides it, and currently, is visable to all player. You will have 5 seconds to loot the drops, or the window dissapears and the monster goes away. This time may or may not be increased. You can also leave the trigger of the loot window, to make it dissapear. This is not of over 9000 loot windows on the screen at once lol. The diamond thing will also be in the game, allowing you to see the.. i guess "Karma" of the person. :)

10. chrisall76

chrisall76

Could just make death have a countdown of 60 seconds before you can respawn back at the nearest town, also lose some money.
    If this becomes biggers you may encounter problems with the creators of SAO, hopefully they don't mind it though.

11. Asmina

Asmina

Actually, i was think if you die, you lose a level. Your skills stay the same, you just lose a level. But thats just an idea.

12. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

Add me on Skype.

Deleted User likes this.
  13. Asmina

Asmina

Added! :3

14. taichiu727

taichiu727

can i join your team? btw is this commercial or for non commercial? btw sent you an pm

15. Asmina

Asmina

I did PM you back, and it will be for commercial. Once we get half of the floor done, we are going to make a video and send it to the creators of SAO, asking permission to use there name for the game.

16. taichiu727

taichiu727

do they know english?

17. taichiu727

taichiu727

i didn't get the pm

18. Asmina

Asmina

Lol i have no idea. o.o

19. taichiu727

taichiu727

lol i know some japanese so maybe i can help you... btw my skype is taichiu727

20. primus88

primus88

IMHO, I think they will ask you for some cash. As in a lot of cash. First of all not because it's their brand, but because they have their own investors to which they are responsable. You better be prepared for a cold shower when you talk to them.
    In fact, I humbly recommend you to not postpone this and ask them now.

I wish you best of luck !

21. Asmina

Asmina

A person in the team is currently working on contacting Reki Kawahara, creator of Sword Art Online. Development wont stop though. If he says no, then it will just have to be a free game :/

22. xalchs

xalchs

If he tells you to stop and you do not then you're liable to be sued regardless if you release it as a free game or not.

ASCII Media took down a Skyrim SAO mod because of the following reason. 'If we are to make a future game we do not want our sales to be reduced because of this mod' the same applys to games.

Also theres a fair few SAO projects out there already whom are well past development. I'd suggest seeking them out and joining them.

The one i've seen alot of though is the SAOProject, they have a website set up and everything and are using the same enginr as you.

I'd suggest checking them out, you can find them by googling the SAO Project

23. Dothackking

Dothackking

While it looks pretty good, it's getting pretty old seeing ripoffs (even "fan projects" are ripoffs until they get permission from the developer) of SAO. I do love your visuals though.

24. Janos98

Janos98

Wow it looks really good!!!! I also tried to make a game like SAO but my creation skill is lower than the basics. I would help if I could but I really can't jet, sorry for that. I hope that I may be a Beater!!! 1000x thx if I may be a Beta tester. my e-mail csonka.janos@live.com

25. Asmina

Asmina

Heres some more screenshots of the Hunting Ground "AutumnalHomage" :) (Giant thanks to Micheal O's Autumn Package.) also a screenshot of the Title screen. :) The AutumnalHomage map still isnot complete, as it only features the park. Its a place to hangout and chat with friends, so its more of a small hunting ground. Again, Big thanks to Micheal O and his Park scene. No I wont be directly using it, as there WILL be changes to it. But enjoy.

$bandicam 2013-07-24 13-11-03-474.jpg $bandicam 2013-07-24 13-10-55-386.jpg $bandicam 2013-07-24 13-10-44-696.jpg $bandicam 2013-07-24 11-09-08-330.jpg $bandicam 2013-07-24 11-08-59-654.jpg

26. Asmina

Asmina

Some images of the "ForestyTerrance", Floor One's main hunting ground. (This is a redone version of the one you saw in the video.

$bandicam 2013-07-24 17-28-43-252.jpg $bandicam 2013-07-24 17-28-53-247.jpg $bandicam 2013-07-24 17-29-01-037.jpg

27. hellraizerhhh

hellraizerhhh

If I dont die in real life like in Sword Art Online, whats the point? :p

Ra1den likes this.
  28. Asmina

Asmina

:p Some people would want perma death in the game. But many dont want it. Im not sure. Maybe ill make it an option in the game.

29. Asmina

Asmina

Hey guy's. I just posted a new update video on youtube :) The name of the game has changed to Arc'encrad Online, to avoid legal issues.

30. Janos98

Janos98

You could make a perm Death as an option that is free to choose, these player's stats could be doubled. (Is there a bigger chance to be a Beater if I help with monster modeling, my modeling skills are not really so good but you can send me a little tutorial as help.) I've the free version of unity. oww and that other "SAO" (hehe) is no concurrence!!! $aemue9.jpg

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  31. primus88

primus88

Hey Asmina,

From where you have the blue light at the door in your video ?
    Is it from the same pack as the rest of the models or it's something different ?

I need something like that light for my game.

Thanks

32. Asmina

Asmina

https://kharma.unity3d.com/#/content/7101
    Make your own fantasy game pack.

33. primus88

primus88

Great! I have that pack, though I never found that light. Guess I will have to dig deeper :)
    Nice work with the game.

If I am allowed to share some of my beliefs, I would say that maybe an MMO is a project much too large for a small team.
    There are lots of issues and challenges which are specific to these mammoth projects that always made me stay away from them.
    I would recommend to start maybe with a simple multiplayer / co-op.

But, ofc, that's just me. I congratulate you on the difficult endeavor and dedicated work you show.

34. Asmina

Asmina

Thank you very much. Im ready to take on whatever cause im only 15. Im not doing anything. So why not? Ya know? No harm in trying right? :)

35. Janos98

Janos98

Noooooooooooooooo

36. Asmina

Asmina

Sorry everyone. The game remains an MMO

37. Asmina

Asmina

Heres a model of a Demon head a sculpted in Sculptris. It is going to be the best main boss of floor one.

$bandicam 2013-07-25 15-53-06-985.jpg $bandicam 2013-07-25 15-52-45-161.jpg $bandicam 2013-07-25 15-52-34-424.jpg

38. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

Serious or?

Deleted User likes this.
  39. Asmina

Asmina

Its a rough model i modeled. Not ment to be a final product. Maybe i should include that on the post :p

40. Rafael-Barbosa

Rafael-Barbosa

Hey, I have an Idea for perma-death , what about 2 types of servers? Regular and Hardcore , on Regular = no perma-death , Hardcode = perma-death.

That would make the players who like perma-death go to one server, and the ones who don't like it go to another, I would definitly go to the Hardcore one, It's a lot more chalanging , and appears to be much more fun!

41. Dothackking

Dothackking

42. Janos98

Janos98

So the game will stay a MMO --> thx God (that means that I can still be a Beater, YES!!!!!!!!!!!! But do you have a date when the beta test maybe could be?)

43. Asmina

Asmina

The two server idea Is a very good idea. I'm going to convert the game to Hero Engine to avoid the work of networking and such, but I will still update the game on here.

44. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

Thats not allowed. If you're not going to develop with unity, you can't post on the forums with your works from another engine.

Deleted User likes this.
  45. NikoBusiness

NikoBusiness

ofcourse you can post your works from another egnine. unity engine uses 3d models too, from another modeling programs!every asset, 3d characters that you are going to see in unity,almost always are modeled in another program like maya zbrush mudbox...

46. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

Obviously...

I'm saying, he's planning to convert and move to another engine. Which means he's cutting Unity out. Zbrush, Maya, Mudbox ect aren't game engines. He's basically saying screw Unity, I'm gonna use Hero Engine.

Deleted User likes this.
  47. Dothackking

Dothackking

ha. hahahaha. As someone who tried HeroEngine, I have one thing to say. Dont.

48. zarch

zarch

I didnt like heroengine either. It takes a lot of work to get used to it. Unity and networking are easy its not hard to learn, I did it in a day.

49. Janos98

Janos98

I think it's easier to make the game at Unity and then copy everything to make the extra changes.

50. Asmina

Asmina

So I shouldn't use the hero engine? Cause I really have no clue how to network and such. I was gonna us a server hosted like RakNet. It's free for a under 100k revenue and looks really good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.