Search Unity

Few clarifications need on IOS development >> Please help <<

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by jessica1986, Jul 16, 2013.

1. jessica1986

jessica1986

I am makin a game for my client..As i am new to IOS development, i want clarifications if you can help me.

1. Do I need my client's developer id to add in app purchase functionality in his app ?
    2. I need his developer id or itunes id and
    3. do I also need his password to add items ?
    4. Do i need a developer's account or i can use his ?
    5. If i buy a developer's account and i configure my mac everything according to my account, then at what part i'll be needing his account and what all do i need to change.

Can you please explain me in simple words, how do i do this part.

Please clear my concept-
    6. I need developer account so that i can test app on my device and even upload it to appstore
    7. develop ID and itunes ID is same thing ?
    8. If i need to join in-app purchase for my client's account, what steps i need to follow ? I mean do i need to logout of my developerID from my mac and login to his account and do the needful or something else ?

2. TheRaider

TheRaider

To test in app purchases iOS you need to do this in the iTunes account.

You will need to be logged in, so yes on password. They can however add you to account. I work for a large museum and they just added me as a user to the account and I can't see everything but enough to submit and update my apps.

It is up to you if you use his account or get your own. From a professional point of view it would seem silly to not have your own account with the low cost.

You can just change which licence you use in Xcode when signing the app from Xcode.

You need a developer account to both upload to store and test on device.

I think my developer ID and itunes ID can be the same linked but they don't have to be I don't think (although the other may automatically be created if it doesn't exist).

Testing in app purchases you are best to look for a quick tutorial on it to show you the basics. You will need to write/buy a plugin to do in app purchases. They don't just work out of the box.