Search Unity

Subject 9 [Official Debut Trailer](Release Date: August 8th, 2013)

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by SilentDeveloper, Jul 15, 2013.

1. SilentDeveloper

SilentDeveloper

$Profile_Image.jpg

SUBJECT 9 IS OUT NOW! GET YOUR DRM FREE COPY AT WWW.SUBJECT-9.COM!

Well, its been a couple long months that I've been working on this title and I've basically put almost everything I know about unity and it's capabilities into this game. I'd firstly like to thank Unity Technologies for creating such an out of this world piece of software. Unity3D is by far the most versatile, user-friendly and fun engine to develop with, there are absolutely no limits with Unity!

Okay, now on with the show!!!

Synopsis:

Year 2092. VexTech Corp. contributes to a large sum of the world's advances in neuro, bio, and mechanical augmentations. Administrated by corruption, the companies advances took over a majority of the world's technological affairs, abusing resources to try and thrive and maintain a better life after the war that left a large portion of the northern hemisphere to ruins. The lack of earth's resources led to a revolution against largely owned controlling companies of the world; VexTech was a primal target.

The company acted fast upon the revolting citizens of the north and began a mass production of brainwashed soldiers to fight for them. However, administrators believed it was a primitive way to deal with the matters at hand, having thousands of soldiers could easily be replaced by a few dozen and so a new experimentation had begun. The company's advances in human augmentations had led to something sinister.

A dozen men, memories wiped clean and biologically weaponized, were granted fabricated abilities from the company. The ability to control the world's elements and defy the laws of nature was just the beginning of something terrible. VexTech was not playing with fire, they opened Pandora's Box; they had developed world class killing machines; The Subjects...

Subject #09 was soon to become one of VexTech's largest rebound as he began to gather fragments of his memory; he began to think for himself. He was about to change the future of the world...

About:

Subject 9 is a unique game that challenges players to fight to survive, using the environment to help aid the cause, and elemental powers to lay waste to anyone who stands in the way. Subject 9 is closely considered as an isometric arcade-style shooter. Now I say it's an arcade-style shooter because it has that feeling to it, as it can also get very very fast paced.

Key Features:

[A] Enemies:
    - Ranging from Snipers, to Heavy Gunners and Elementalists
    - Each enemy has their own combating styles

Skills:
    - Features 3 skill trees; Weaponry, Elemental and Defense, totaling 24 upgrades
    - Controllable elements include: Fire, Ice, Electricity, Gravity and Vexel Energy
    - Each element has its own effects on enemies

[C] Gameplay:
    - Features both a Campaign Mode, and Survival Mode [Unlockable by each level]
    - Fast paced arcade-style action
    - Fluid game play

[D] Environment:
    - Each unique level features different environmental aid; Turrets, Mechbots, Force Fields, Teleporters, etc.

Subject 9 was developed by just me, equipped with several years of experience with Unity, Adobe's Software, and Autodesk's Software. The audio tracks are composed by various composers, such as Seen Beeson.

The game is targeted to be released on August 8th, 2013, for PC and hopefully Mac. If you have any questions regarding the game or have a say in it, go ahead and post below, or any of the social sites I'm connected with.

Game Website: http://subject-9.com
    Studio Site: http://diffusional-arts.com
    IndieDB: http://www.indiedb.com/games/subject-9
    Greenlight: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=160484802

Below are in game screen shots (that can also be found on the site) for those of you who wish to view them, enjoy!

$vtc_ss1.jpg
    $vtl_ss1.jpg
    $vtcs_ss2.jpg
    $vtr_ss1.jpg

Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
  2. Aguy

Aguy

Just you? Looks good.
    How man hours did you put in?

3. SilentDeveloper

SilentDeveloper

Well, uncountable to be honest, I started the concept mid January, but it was in production for most of the summer after I finished school, so about 7 months (so far) if I had to give a time frame.

4. JamesLeeNZ

JamesLeeNZ

This looks pretty damn good.

5. Play_Edu

Play_Edu

look awwwwwwesssssm

6. SilentDeveloper

SilentDeveloper

@James Thanks for the support, help vote it up on greenlight if you haven't already! ^^
    @Play Thanks, it also plays awesomely too :D

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  7. TeckDeveloper

TeckDeveloper

First off, I have been away from the Unity community for a couple of years. I come back, and see this. And developed by a sole individual, no less. Absolutely brilliant. I am a professional web developer, and I believe this has wonderful potential. If you would like a sleek, modern, responsive, and aesthetically appealing website, please let me know, and perhaps we can work something out.

8. SilentDeveloper

SilentDeveloper

@TeckDeveloper Thanks for the kind words and the offer. I designed the site using basic HTML as I didn't have a lot of time to make it very intricate, its simple and straight to the point, I will however contact you if I wish to upgrade my site in the future, Thanks!

9. SilentDeveloper

SilentDeveloper

Subject 9 is out now!!! Please visit www.subject-9.com to get your DRM free copy of the game!

Thank you!

10. primus88

primus88

For one person that is an impressive work done. You made by yourself all the models / props / sounds / effects ?

11. SilentDeveloper

SilentDeveloper

Yes sir; and thank you very much! :)

12. hellraizerhhh

hellraizerhhh

Bit difficult for me to believe one person did all the programming, modeling, texturing, animation, sounds, lighting, level layout, VFX etc in just 7 months. But skepticism aside, it looks really good.

13. SilentDeveloper

SilentDeveloper

Hehe, I'll take that as a compliment. And thanks for the comments; I do however assure you that I am in charge of every inch of the game (however, background audio was composed by a total of 5 different composers).

Cheers! :)

14. fano_linux

fano_linux

15. SilentDeveloper

SilentDeveloper

Much obliged good sir! :)

16. order66

order66

Really impressive what you have achieved all by yourself !

17. SilentDeveloper

SilentDeveloper

Hey thanks a lot, It really pays off to learn and understand the tools of development; not to mention a much more enjoyable development cycle as well ^^

Cheers!

18. landon912

landon912

Looks amazing!

19. SilentDeveloper

SilentDeveloper

Thanks, Landon! :)

20. BIG-BUG

BIG-BUG

Wow, really amazing. That's probably among the most impressive games done by a single person, especially for that time frame.

It's always inspiring to see people with such a dedication.

21. emergki

emergki

Awesome!

22. SilentDeveloper

SilentDeveloper

Hey thanks for the kind words; It's great to hear my work is inspirational, it gives me reinforcement towards knowing I've done my job well :)

Thanks buddy!

23. GabrielFarrugia

GabrielFarrugia

Great job. I truly believe a game like that will set you for life. If not from direct financial contribution, it will certainly score you the majority of jobs just by being on your CV :).

24. SilentDeveloper

SilentDeveloper

Hah, it'll definitely look good on a CV. :)