Search Unity

Cargo Chaos - New iOS Android game - Exhibiting at PAX Australia 2013

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by ScottyB, Jul 15, 2013.

1. ScottyB

ScottyB

Hello fellow Unity devs,

My little 2-man indie company Considerable Content are going to be presenting at PAX Australia this weekend. We will be exhibiting two games in the ANZ Indie Pavilion. Firstly, Postman’s Odyssey, a 3rd person, explorative platformer for PC/Mac/Linux that is currently quite early in development and will be shown as a demo. We plan to show this game off more after PAX and I will start a work in progress thread about it then.

We are also exhibiting our newly-released mobile game Cargo Chaos. Before I go into more detail, here is the trailer and some relevant links:

Cargo Chaos website: http://www.cargochaos.com/?ref=uf
    iOS link: https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/cargo-chaos/id640075329?mt=8&uo=4
    Google Play link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ConsiderableContentPtyLtd.CargoChaos
    Considerable Content website: http://www.considerablecontent.com
    Considerable Content Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ConsiderableContent

Cargo Chaos is the story of a poor ship captain that must make use of his new found telekinetic powers to load up his boat and make it to his destination intact. The cargo you must transport is no ordinary cargo and ranges from basic squares and rectangles to weird and unusual shapes that no sane captain would try to transport.

The images below are used in our app store pages and show some of the crazy cargo you’ll have to deal with:

This game took the 2 of us about 9 months of mostly part-time work (I work another full-time job) and it feels great to have it released. If you have any questions about the game or the development of it, please don’t hesitate to ask and I’ll try to answer as well as I can.

Finally, for those interested, here are the licenses/plugins that we used:

Cheers,
    Scott

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
  2. ScottyB

ScottyB

Just a quick note to say that I've updated the list of used plugins to include their asset store links and forum threads where relevant.

Feel free to ask me about what it was like to use any of these plugins.

3. ScottyB

ScottyB

PAX Australia has come and gone and was an amazing experience. Took a little bit to recover and get back into the swing of things but we're all go now and getting close to releasing a new version of Cargo Chaos. The new version will include a bunch of bug fixes, adjust the difficulty curve and add some feature enhancements (like stylus support which was asked about a few times at PAX).

After we’re happy with that update, we plan on porting the game over to Windows Phone 8 and BlackBerry OS 10 now that Unity supports those platforms. Hopefully it won't be too difficult, with the hardest part probably being finding people that own devices on those platforms to be able to test Cargo Chaos before submission. :p

From PAX, we've gotten a bit of press which has been awesome. Getting interviewed was a bit nerve-racking at first but it got better as the weekend went on. Here is a collection of articles that have been written about us and our games:
    • "In the brief time I spent playing the game, it was great fun, and the difficulty scales nicely as you progress through the levels."
      - Stephen Yuen, AndroidSPIN
    • "Cargo Chaos is great fun and isn’t intimidating in terms of difficulty."
      - Adrian Cajili, TechGeek
    • "Talking to these guys and seeing the passion they have for their creation is inspirational and amazing to see."
      - Nathan Farrugia, Capsule Computers

4. ScottyB

ScottyB

To celebrate being out for 1 month now on Google Play and iOS, Cargo Chaos is 50% off for a limited time.

Also, because the Unity forums are so awesome, here are some iOS promo codes:
    1. NXYM4XWEKNPE - Used
    2. 7LJYMK3HFNE6 - Used
    3. TK3MN3KTNJFM - Used
    4. NRTHR6HWR3XE
    5. 77PFJYR6N69A
    Please post here if you take one so others know.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  5. danneskjold

danneskjold

used the first code...
    thnx

6. derkoi

derkoi

Used the 2nd code, thanks

7. danneskjold

danneskjold

loved your game.... good work ... gets pretty difficult in later stages... maybee you should make level walktrhu videos , add hints, a tutorial mode..definetly makes it better

8. TheRaider

TheRaider

I took number 3!

9. ScottyB

ScottyB

Thanks guys!

Let me know if you have any thoughts on the game or find any bugs. We'll be getting out a bug-fixing update in the next 1-2 weeks (depending on Apple review times).

Has anyone taken or tried the 4th or 5th code? Are they still up for grabs? If anyone wants our game it should hopefully be worth the 30 seconds it takes to try out those codes to see if they are still available. Haha ;)

Thanks for the feedback. We've been watching our analytics closely and are in the process of tweaking the difficulty curve here and there and some changes will be in the next update that we make to the game.