Search Unity

Point and Click Adventure Kit

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by JohnnyA, Jul 13, 2013.

1. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

It's not just invisible you can change any item in to any other based on a condition... for example a sprinkler could go from on to off if you chopped the hose in another scene.

2. ChrisIceBox

ChrisIceBox

Nice. I like the look of the workflow in your last video. What purpose does the "Event ID" field at the bottom have? Is it a reference for coders?

3. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

Each unique interaction sends an event which can trigger animations/etc but is also stored by an event manager (its optional in the base code, but the mobile game is a simplification of that).

You can then use the presence (or absence) of an event as a condition on other interactions. So you can only tie a HOOK to a FISHING LINE if you have READ the KNOT BOOK. Or when you walk in to a room it can be displayed differently if a certain event has occurred (for example in one of the videos when you open the gate in one scene and go back to the previous scene the distant view of the gate is now open too).

4. Shwgroove

Shwgroove

Johny,

Any idea when you're going to release it?

5. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

Hi showgroove,

a bunch of other people come out with nice adventure kits recently, although they are targeting different areas, this kind of takes the sheen of my own product.

That said I recently picked up some commercial work to develop a framework for Sierra style adventure games with 3D characters in a 2D background. This work will become part of the kit and you will probably get a video this weekend.

So in other words I'm just not sure. Later rather than sooner at this stage. You might want to check out some of the other kits recently posted in WIP if you need something soon.

- John A

6. softwizz

softwizz

What kits do what yours does for mobile?
    Thanks

7. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

They other kits are more for 3D complex adventure games (although they may work on mobile, ask the authors). So there's still a niche :)

8. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

Here's the 3D on 2D stuff mentioned:

[video=youtube_share;JBo5SB7hbpI]http://youtu.be/JBo5SB7hbpI​

9. patoland

patoland

Thanks for the info JhonnyA, is this going to be part of your kit or it's someone else's??

10. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

Part of this of course (although the graphics are from a client, used with their permission, but they will not be in the package).

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  11. softwizz

softwizz

Indeed there is still a very big niche.

Lets hope you dont abandon this after teasing us with it.

12. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

The mobile stuff is too close to abandon ... plus I'm getting paid to develop the 3D on 2D stuff so it will progress too. So no it wont be abandoned.

It's about third priority in my list at the moment, and should be second priority in a few weeks when my next game is released.

- John A

13. softwizz

softwizz

Good plan.

I will pencil this in for an early 2014 purchase then.

14. patoland

patoland

Gorgeous!! can't wait to purchase it!

15. outtoplay

outtoplay

On another note... that there may be other folk building point n click kits isn't as big a factor for me as that I want to purchase YOUR kit. You are your best product. You're open and positive customer interaction, asset updates and genuine sense of dedication to your customers is awesome (assuming one already own your 2D Platformer kit). You, good sir, are the superior brand.

Disclaimer: Johnny has in no way offered money, beers or eternal life of this testimonial...but I'm open to any of the above ; `)

16. EddieChristian

EddieChristian

I would buy this. I actually have a project right now that could use it

17. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

Still limping along, for now I'd recommend looking at the other kits unless you are specifically looking to build a mobile ecape/adventure game.

@outtoplay - only just saw your comments, that's very kind of you to say *experiences warm glow*

18. patoland

patoland

Hello JohnnyA, i'll buy your kit when released, for sure, i can't wait for it...but in the meantime, which other kit for adventure games do you suggest?...thank you so much for your time!

19. Angry-Gobbler

Angry-Gobbler

Wow, this is the sort of thing I've been looking for a very long time! This is really exciting stuff!

Can't wait to see the future developments with this project. Keep on the good work.

20. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

So a major update on my platform asset it taking far longer than expected and has stalled this. The plan was to get something out this month but its likelt another 1-2 months away.

The base stuff is all there ready to go but its not user friendly enough for release.

So... keep holding your breath ... :)

- John A

PS Posting your interest does help keep this in my minds eye.

21. softwizz

softwizz

Phew, I thought this was abandoned.

22. alexfratley

alexfratley

indeed just to keep it firmly in Mind another eager Purchaser here!

23. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

Thanks guys, just FYI I snapped my Achilles tendon. Although everything is fine now (minus no walking for 3 months), it has thrown me behind on everything. This asset is third in line behind my Platform Controller update, and a mystery asset :)

That said this is really close, so I might try and sneak some time in for it, sooner rather than later.

As always I do take notice of the posts. Its just that juggling work, babies*, asset store development, and now injury makes for slow progress :s

*And no I don't actually juggle babies :p

24. pixelsteam

pixelsteam

Hey Jonny,
    Taylor here. Ready and waiting for this....I have everything shot.

T

25. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

Howdy mate I thought you moved on to one of the other systems. I'll at least aim to take a look at the pack this weekend and get a feel for what needs to be done.

Regards,

John A

26. SiliconeClone

SiliconeClone

Just another one waiting eagerly for this. lol and ouch on the injury

27. Vaupell

Vaupell

Looks like something i would use.. :D

Won't be needing a mobile compatable version though, only PC, Mac, Linux..

28. cl-apps

cl-apps

I'd buy this kit for a lot more than the suggested asking price! Keep up the great work and get it finished ;)

29. wendymorrison

wendymorrison

Hi just wondering is this project dead because every time i come across good thing like this i seem not be able to get it because it doesnt make it for sale. i have been watching this one for awhile but its not finished yet. i really want this. Why do people post things like this and this one is not the only one and it just doesnt evolve